Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Night of the Living Dead remake: Tom Savini

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by wayzim View Post
    "Ain't it a crime. "
    "What? "
    "The only one who can miss with this gun is the sucker with the bread to buy it. "
    Still sounds like what i said it was to me. I'd still put my money on, "The end of crime" thanks.

The word he says clearly has two syllables to it which the word ain't certainly is not comprised of.

If you don't think he says the end of, fine, but it Ain't, ain't either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4eJEFuZD1M

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    The phrase "bunch of yo yo's" always cracks me up, it just seems like the lamest thing you could possibly say. Is it even a insult?
    Unfortunatley it's trying to be, so yes.

Last edited by darth los; 09-Apr-2010 at 04:18 PM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Still sounds like what i said it was to me. I'd still put my money on, "The end of crime" thanks.

The word he says clearly has two syllables to it which the word ain't certainly is not comprised of.

If you don't think he says the end of, fine, but it Ain't, ain't either.
    I think he says, "Idn't it a crime." A garbly slack jawed version of, "Isn't it."

The end of crime doesn't make a lick of sense. Not even as much as chocolate man.

Unfortunatley it's trying to be, so yes.
    Even if it's NOT trying to be an insult I guarantee you someone out there can take it as one, and then it will be considered one. If only insults were restricted to intentional insults.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

United States

this thread is way off the fucking rails now....

according to the novelization, peter says "ain't it a crime". in the film however, it does sound like he says "idn't it a crime".

anyways, how bout that night of the living dead remake? pretty good movie, huh?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    I think he says, "Idn't it a crime." A garbly slack jawed version of, "Isn't it."

The end of crime doesn't make a lick of sense. Not even as much as chocolate man.

It makes sense when you consider it's a cop saying it. He has this "super gun" (I think that's what they call it in the novel) that's obviously given him a raging boner, so i take it as he's saying he would be a one man wrecking crew and "end crime" if they would let him go on patrol with one of those.

And WTF is this film the professor keeps referring to?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    It makes sense when you consider it's a cop saying it. He has this "super gun" (I think that's what they call it in the novel) that's obviously given him a raging boner, so i take it as he's saying he would be a one man wrecking crew and "end crime" if they would let him go on patrol with one of those.
    The man carried an automatic machine gun and you are contending that he saw that mall shop rifle as a weapon that would end crime?

I maintain that the statement doesn't makes sense in the context of his follow-up remark.
    "The end of crime. "
    "What? "
    "The only one who can miss with this gun is the sucker with the bread to buy it. "

Errr??

The NOTLD remake sucks... like any NOTLD remake would. Now that's on topic!!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    The man carried an automatic machine gun and you are contending that he saw that mall shop rifle as a weapon that would end crime?

I maintain that the statement doesn't makes sense in the context of his follow-up remark.
    "The end of crime. "
    "What? "

Errr??

The NOTLD remake sucks... like any NOTLD remake would. Now that's on topic!!

I don't see how that's inconsistent with my statement. He's saying that he would be schooling fools because you CAN'T miss with that gun.

But one thing's for sure, he doesn't say "ain't".

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    He says something along the lines of "aint/isn't it/innit a crime".

Why is this even a subject of debate?

United States
    I don't see how that's inconsistent with my statement. He's saying that he would be schooling fools because you CAN'T miss with that gun.

But one thing's for sure, he doesn't say "ain't".

I don't recall him having a "missing fools" problem with any gun he had.

I agree it wasn't "ain't." I agree with bassman. Isn't it... innit...

And it's a point of debate because we all have the moral responsibility to prove darth wrong.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    according to the novelization, peter says "ain't it a crime". in the film however, it does sound like he says "idn't it a crime".

anyways, how bout that night of the living dead remake? pretty good movie, huh?
    Wait a minute, we were talking about coopers "insult" in a night of the living dead remake topic, then you come in and declare it "way off the rails" and then turn it to dawn of the dead?

Did you miss the title of the topic of did i miss something?

United States
    think you might have missed something there, andy. i was referring to the fact that darth's interpretation of peter's line in the gunstore in dawn had derailed this topic. look over the posts from the last few days.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Did you miss the title of the topic of did i miss something?
    You missed something. The topic was derailed long ago concerning whether Peter said "The end of crime" or "Ain't it a crime"....

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    He says something along the lines of "aint/isn't it/innit a crime".

Why is this even a subject of debate?
    Agreed... But if its gonna keep going it clearly sounds like ain't it a crime.
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

United States
    I think we need a poll.

He says:
    "The end of crime."
    "Ain't it a crime."
    "Isn't it a crime."
    "Innit it a crime."
    "Idn't it a crime."
    "What does this have to do with NOTLD remake?"

United States
    Lamebrains!

Big fan of NOTLD90. Would like to see a directors cut with the gore shots put back in. Perhaps in 10 years when CGI technology advances enough it will be possible to upgrade the film seamlessly.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Someone around here(maybe even in this thread ) recently mentioned that Savini said he was working on the Night90 Blu Ray and it could have new features. So maybe he's getting to do a new cut? I hope so...