Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Night of the Living Dead remake: Tom Savini

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    You ever try and show anyone the original? Thye'll be bored to tears in 15 minutes.
    I've found that newbies enjoy Night68, actually. It's Dawn where they get bored in 15 minutes.

Imo, there are two major issues that detract from night90 and fresh eyes. The 80's-ish soundtrack and the yo yo/lamebrains dialogue. Other than that it's held up well.
    Last edited by bassman; 06-Aug-2010 at 12:52 AM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    You ever try and show anyone the original? Thye'll be bored to tears in 15 minutes.

Hey, if you like people who can't appreciate great films as friends that's on you, Los, I just roll my eyes at people who can't appreciate them.

Anyway, you're all wrong...

"Night of the Living Dead 3D" is by FAR the most superior (even better than the masterpiece known as "Night" 30th Anniversary). C'mon Sid Haig is the MAN!

I'm actually looking forward to "Night of the Living Dead: Origins" and "Night of the Living Dead: Reanimated" as being something unique. All I know is that Joe Pilato is playing Cooper in "Origins" so it has my vote of confidence of hopefully not sucking.

I have the Rifftrax version of "NOTLD" saved for Halloween, hoping it will be good for a laugh with a 12-pack of beer.

If "NOTLD" is ever re-made in the future, I would think Michael Ironside would be an excellent Harry Cooper.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    Hey, if you like people who can't appreciate great films as friends that's on you, Los, I just roll my eyes at people who can't appreciate them.
    Nowdays, if there's no immediate payoff people can't appreciate it.

We now live in an adhd era which is the reason there's virtually no character development in modern film.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    I really enjoyed the remake. I'm still waiting for it to be released on blu ray. I really enjoyed that Barbara got some balls and did a little "Ripley" on those zeds. The one thing which did bother me about the remake was the screaming between Ben and Cooper. In the original, Cooper was an asshole, plain and simple and you had to have sympathy for Ben for having to put up with him. In the remake, Ben's screaming back at him was almost as annoying. They took the screaming to another level where (in my opinion), Ben turned into an asshole as well. Every time I watch that movie (and it's been many), I find myself yelling at the screen for them to shut the hell up!!!!

United States
    If I was trapped in the house with the gang from NIGHT 90 I'd just try to find a way to get Judy alone and bang her.

Everyone else can die as far as I'm concerned, she was rather tasty looking.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    she was rather tasty looking.
    Son, you'll make a damn fine zombie someday...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadJake View Post
    so what did you guys think i really liked it i dont understand why tom didnt like it i thought it was really good and i like how he added some stuff like the ending
    I love it...

Savini has always of course complained he didn't really have full hold on the reigns with the film, and infact it was even edited without him even there, so it would have been interesting to see what it would have been like had he been more/fully in control!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Savini has always of course complained he didn't really have full hold on the reigns with the film, and infact it was even edited without him even there, so it would have been interesting to see what it would have been like had he been more/fully in control!
    Maybe if that rumored/sorta-kinda confirmed directors cut blu ray could finally be released. The wait is killing me.
    Last edited by bassman; 13-Apr-2011 at 07:56 PM. Reason: .

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Yep, I liked it. Not the same as the original, but of course it wouldn't be. If only the dummy she whacks with the crow bar or whatever didn't look so fake... Of course, watching how it was done and knowing what it was probably didn't help much...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Yep, I liked it. Not the same as the original, but of course it wouldn't be. If only the dummy she whacks with the crow bar or whatever didn't look so fake... Of course, watching how it was done and knowing what it was probably didn't help much...
    Do you think a change of sound effect, and maybe a tiny bit of CGI blood could help that scene?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Hmm... Interesting, Neil. Perhaps... Yes, I think it might... Or maybe just fake blood, but that would be harder to control, yeah?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Speaking of Uncle Rege.....I know he's a cop in Pittsburgh, but does anyone know if he's ever been featured on "Cops"? I'm fairly certain i've seen him on a few of the Pittsburgh reruns. Kinda funny after having seen him in Night90 for so many years.
    Last edited by bassman; 15-Apr-2011 at 01:39 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Dude, I confess I have heard of this before and recall seeing this episode of Cops, though I had seen the episode before I saw the film. That dude is pretty unusual looking, though, and I rememnber that look.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Dude, I confess I have heard of this before and recall seeing this episode of Cops, though I had seen the episode before I saw the film. That dude is pretty unusual looking, though, and I rememnber that look.
    I couldn't find the episode on youtube but after a quick search i've found that it was definitely him. Just after Night90, actually. 1991.

Season 3 » Episode #24 - Pittsburgh, PA #2
    Summary: (2:04 AM Domestic Dispute Call) Officer Pat Logan says on the job they've broken his arm, fractured his skull, stabbed him four times, run him over with a stolen car, smashed into him with a stolen car and put him out of commission a couple of time. He’s been in four gun battles and one where he saved an officer's life. He still has nightmares about gun battles and getting shot at, every once in a while wakes up in a cold sweat.

United States
    I think it's great. Great actors, great pacing and I love the twist a the end of the film. Would love to see this cleaned up and put on blu-ray.