of classics and then calls them a remake

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyHicks View Post
    Also it's a remake that is an actual remake with the same characters
    story line, setting,
    not some blasted Dawn04 Day07 remake, that just rips off the titles
    of classics and then calls them a remake
    That's a very good observation. I don't think a movie should be labeled a remake who's only link to the original film is basically the title. It's like false advertising. There should be something substantive that you can point to that even without the same title that you know it's a remake.
    Last edited by darth los; 24-Jul-2007 at 04:34 AM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    I agree, maybe its just the modernization of my mind, but I also enjoy this version more than the original. It's funny, cause I consider the original a classic, but I wouldn't consider NOTLD'90 a classic, but I enjoy it more.

They both have their moments, but in my book '90 is the better overall movie.
    "Have you paid your dues Jack?"
    "Yes sir, the check is in the mail."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxorCaw View Post
    I agree, maybe its just the modernization of my mind, but I also enjoy this version more than the original. It's funny, cause I consider the original a classic, but I wouldn't consider NOTLD'90 a classic, but I enjoy it more.

They both have their moments, but in my book '90 is the better overall movie.
    Well to be fair the remake did almost everything the original did but better. Better acting, better special effects, etc. But on the flipside of it you're right. It cannot be considered a classic like the original is. The original holds that status because of it's place in movie history. Even dawn, which is the pinacle of the dead series imo, can't claim that.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    [QUOTE=jim102016;43179]Seen both, 68' is much better in my opinion. The female lead didn't work for me. I just can't see changing that aspect around to purposely be more politically correct or 'more with the times'.

It has nothing to do with politcal correctness, it has to do with character strength.There is no politcal correctness in any of GARSs films.
    The whimpy terrorfied Barbara was a sign of the way her charater was. It has nothing to do with gender.
    If you want to know some kick arse women , they happen to be over seas rightnow, in a firefight right along side my brothers.
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

United States
    I thought it was damn spanky. A wonderful flick. The music was eerie the actors I thought really embodied their parts and did a wonderful job and despite not having a whole lotta gore the movie was still awesome. It didn't really have any lulls and IMHO was better than the orig...
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    One thing i agree on is that the movie never drags. It's over before you know it. The pacing is very good.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    i think the night remake is a great little movie. i have always liked it quite a bit. my only real issue with it is the air raid screams that come from judy rose.

i saw it opening night (like a few other people here) in a relatively packed theater, so i have always been surprised by its anemic box office take.

oh and eric - i am listening to that savini interview on deadpit as i am writing this. fascinating stuff. i am glad i decided to browse this thread.
    Last edited by Mike70; 11-Apr-2008 at 01:21 PM.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Australia
    I thought Night '90 was great.
    zombies
    eat flesh.

England
    I watch the 1990 remake more than the original 68 version....it's a great movie IMO.

Barbara is a far better character in the remake, and Tony Todd as Ben is absolutely ****ing awesome.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Banned User

Undisclosed
    I loved it.Best remake ever.

United States
    i remember when this hit theaters. i only saw one commercial for it, and was bummed i couldn't get to see it. talked my mom into renting it for me and it became one of those movies i rented about every other month. almost as good as the original, probably one of the handful of remakes that are worth a ****.

United States
    Tony Todd and Tom Towles were freakin' great!
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 13-Apr-2008 at 03:14 AM.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    The THING is the best remake ever made !

=

I love Savini's NIGHT. I like it much better than the original.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    The THING is the best remake ever made !

Ahhh, beat me to it.

Anyways, yes, Night'90 is one of my favorite Zombie movies.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."