Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Night of the Living Dead remake: Tom Savini

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Of War View Post
    I do exactly the same thing sometimes. It gives it a different "feel".

definitely. its kinda the perfect set for us younger fans. it makes more sense and makes us feel like we have our own "night". kinda like how we have our own star wars series now

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    it makes more sense and makes us feel like we have our own "night". kinda like how we have our own star wars series now
    And you can have 'em, too. The both of them!

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    And you can have 'em, too. The both of them!
    damn you

Undisclosed
    damn you
    How about you guys take the 30th anniversary edition of NIGHT as yours, too? Pretty sure that it's up for grabs.

United States
    How about you guys take the 30th anniversary edition of NIGHT as yours, too? Pretty sure that it's up for grabs.
    HA!

Chasing Prey

Canada

i like my dollar wal mart version better

United Kingdom

I'd take it....and shove it somewhere...
    Kill 'em All

capncnut
    How dare you! Night 30 is the best version ever made, the priest guy rules!

United States
    it makes it more smooth instead of switching from black and white to color. keeps a modern feel if u watch night 90 then, dawn, day and land.
    Throw in Diary at the front and you have yourself a deal. I know it doesn't keep the order of the changing times, but I still like it.

As much as I like the original, the 90 version has better make up, color, and acting, though I wasn't fond of the chick. I just like realistic rotting flesh and deadness. Other than the first, I saw the rest when they came out.
    This is why I hate low budget zombie movies made now, shitty make up and cheesed effects. Maybe I'm spoiled.
    Thought something was starting to smell...

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Throw in Diary at the front and you have yourself a deal. I know it doesn't keep the order of the changing times, but I still like it.

As much as I like the original, the 90 version has better make up, color, and acting, though I wasn't fond of the chick. I just like realistic rotting flesh and deadness. Other than the first, I saw the rest when they came out.
    This is why I hate low budget zombie movies made now, shitty make up and cheesed effects. Maybe I'm spoiled.
    Thought something was starting to smell...

i'll have to do that. sounds like ur onto something. i've only seen land, dawn 04 and .....well thats all in theaters. the others that followed were in short release so no chance to see it here.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That's like a hot potato. No one wants to hold on to it for very long.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    Aside from bad acting, weak score, and crap dialogue, its great!

The film was made so the original Image Ten partners could get some cash out of the name NOTLD, and it shows on screen.
    I find the acting, score and dialogue fine... TBH, I'd rather watch it than the original...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Night 90 is just as (if not more) enjoyable than the original IMO, I have certainly watched it more than "Night 68".

Tony Todd and Patrica Tallman are absolutely focking epic in the remake. The effects are pretty awesome as well. I love everything about it and can't wait for a BD version.

Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Undisclosed
    i honestly think its the best horror film of the 1990s (except for some Carpenter films)..hands down best horror film 1990!

daytime at the cemetery with the dead surrounding is/was a great look.
    'You Wont Survive the Night the Dawn the Day'

"Flowers for the DEAD"
    a Super 8 Film from Phenia Films

https://www.facebook.com/FlowersForTheDead
    JOIN OUR FILM GROUP ON FACEBOOK

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Night 90 is just as (if not more) enjoyable than the original IMO, I have certainly watched it more than "Night 68".

Tony Todd and Patrica Tallman are absolutely focking epic in the remake. The effects are pretty awesome as well. I love everything about it and can't wait for a BD version.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I find the acting, score and dialogue fine... TBH, I'd rather watch it than the original...
    Well, if Neil said it that i feel safe in doing so...

Count me in. I'd rather watch the remake as well.

Yes i realize the historical significance of the original but the remake is just more enjoyable to watch, imo.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"