Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: From the Horse's Mouth....Land IS after Day!

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by radiokill
    geez! sorry...but you didn't have to imply that I have want of balls.

Dude, why did you edit your original post? That's a little cheesy since peope already commented on what you originally posted.

Thats the one thing I love about the quote feature even if people edit there original post to completely change the reply the quote feature keeps it original. I don't mind edit's for misspelling, but when you change the whole thing it makes you look suspicious and not trust worthy.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    hrmmm....not trustworthy? "She's a Witch! Burn her....she's made of wood!"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    Where is Philly Swat?
    Glad you asked! I was just reading some historical information online. I was reading some quotes from, not some random guy, but the Vice-President of this country. What I was reading was a quote from him...

"Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now
    has weapons of mass destruction....What he wants is time,
    and more time to husband his resources to invest in his
    ongoing chemical and biological weapons program, and to
    gain possession of nuclear weapons."
    -- Dick Cheney, August 26, 2002

Guess that proves it. Straight from the horses mouth, Saddam definately had WOMD.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT
    Glad you asked! I was just reading some historical information online. I was reading some quotes from, not some random guy, but the Vice-President of this country. What I was reading was a quote from him...

Guess that proves it. Straight from the horses mouth, Saddam definately had WOMD.
    Nice joke. So is that supposed to imply that just because GAR said Land comes after Day doesn't mean it is true? Who do you need to hear it from to admit defeat, good sir?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Brubaker
    Nice joke. So is that supposed to imply that just because GAR said Land comes after Day doesn't mean it is true? Who do you need to hear it from to admit defeat, good sir?
    I am unsure as to the meaning of your question, kind sir. I was simply replying as to where I was. Now that you mention it though, I guess I can see why you thought I was trying to imply something. I guess any implication would be up to the intrepretation of the reader. If the second most powerful man in the world could make a statement that was.....inaccurate? A lie? Proved to be untrue? Whichever, is it possible that the most powerful man in zombie moviemakingdom could also make an.... inaccurate statement? That is up for each to decide. I mean, Romero made the movies, Cheney made the war.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    finally, thats one set of useless threads thatll never be starrted up by new members again.

next up the damn ones about runnin' zombies...

Banned User

United States
    I am unsure as to the meaning of your question, kind sir. I was simply replying as to where I was. Now that you mention it though, I guess I can see why you thought I was trying to imply something. I guess any implication would be up to the intrepretation of the reader. If the second most powerful man in the world could make a statement that was.....inaccurate? A lie? Proved to be untrue? Whichever, is it possible that the most powerful man in zombie moviemakingdom could also make an.... inaccurate statement? That is up for each to decide. I mean, Romero made the movies, Cheney made the war.
    Well....Cheney was talking about someone else's work, while GAR was talking about his own.

For you to imply that the old man is inaccurate about the order his own zombie flicks makes you GAR Fan of the Year.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Svengoolie
    Well....Cheney was talking about someone else's work, while GAR was talking about his own.

For you to imply that the old man is inaccurate about the order his own zombie flicks makes you GAR Fan of the Year.
    I say that Cheney was definately talking about his own work, not someone else's. As second in command, and most would say, the most powerful and hands-on VP ever, it is his job to determine whether intel is accurate and worth acting upon, or inaccurate, worhty of the trash bin. So for him to make a statement about the nuclear ambitions of another nation based on supposedly reliable intel is him explaining to the public about his work, looking out for the well-being of the country. On the other hand, I believe that motion pictures, once released, belong to the viewers. If GAR, or any other filmmaker for that matter, was making a film solely for themselves then they would not release it and just sit in their basement watching it alone in private. To make it available for mass viewing is to give the film over to the public, making it our work to decide for ourselves what it means.

But again for the record, in my initial post I was simply answering the question "where is Philly SWAT", not making any connection between Cheney and Romero. Interesting that two people have drawn that inference on their own now.

As an aside, my girlfriend and I were once having an argum.....discussion about when we first started going out. She said it was 1999, I said it was 2000. She said that I have a bad memory and obviously dont take our relationship as seriously as she. Later, when I produced a ticket stub from the show we went to on our first date, clearly marked with a date of March 21, 2000, did that mean that I was correct and she was wrong, or that she was still right seeing as she was talking about her personal knowledge of her work i.e. our relationship. Again, apparently that is open for each individual to decide, just ask her. So for me to imply that my girlfriend is inaccurate in the start time of her own relationship, does that make me her Fan of the Year as well?

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB82/

if course they knew he had them, they gave them to him

next your gonna tell me those stinger missles they keep findin from the taliban arent american.
    Last edited by general tbag; 29-Aug-2006 at 11:35 AM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by general tbag

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB82/

if course they knew he had them, they gave them to him

next your gonna tell me those stinger missles they keep findin from the taliban arent american.
    Well, this thread appears to be getting a little (sic) off topic, but in response to your comments, I have two thoughts...
    1) If the US gave Saddam nukes, that would be very foolish indeed
    2) If we did, we did a lousy job keeping track of the, especially when finding them would have backed up the bullsh....the story that the administration was selling.

And last I checked, the stinger missles were no threat to the US, certainly not enough of a threat to justify a mass invasion, basically culivating an atmosphere of civil war, and costing thousands of American and tens of thousands Iraqi deaths.

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by Svengoolie
    I don't know if anyone came across this yet, but here goes nuttin'....

From GAR himself:

http://www.wandwvideo.com/news/georgeromero.htm

wow, i don't come here much, but i had no idea this was an actual arguing point.

that's pretty sad, really.

Undisclosed
    p2501, there are a few folks around here who like to argue that the events of Land take place before the events of Day. (I am not one of them). There are at least half a dozen threads on this part of the board that make for interesting reading.

/p

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by panic View Post
    p2501, there are a few folks around here who like to argue that the events of Land take place before the events of Day. (I am not one of them). There are at least half a dozen threads on this part of the board that make for interesting reading.

/p
    It is too bad that GAR didn't include a sideplot where some survivors from Land end up in Florida and happen upon the underground bunker where Rhodes and his men were. If that had happened and the survivors found it crawling with zombies, maybe then some folks would finally admit Land comes last in the series. Something like that would settle it once and for all And I am aware the four films have nothing to do with each other, but what the hell?

It seems that GAR's own comments on where Land is in the series still aren't good enough.

I can predict the next thread. "Wait, he said all of this when the film was called Dead Reckoning! Who is to say he didn't change his mind between that time and the finished version of Land that made it into theaters?"

United States
    Here's how a fanboy and Romero arguement would play out.

ROMERO: No, Land of the Dead came before Day of the Dead.
    FANBOY: No, Pilato came before the potty.
    ROMERO: I wrote the script. You are the fan, just because you worship the ground I walk on, doesn't make you the one who defines it.
    FANBOY: I watched all the movies a thousand and fifty-two times, analyzed every angle and came to the conclusion it came before Land.
    ROMERO: It didn't!
    FANBOY: *slap* I'm running this monkey farm now frankenstein!

United States
    Well, in the original script, it is said that Day happens 5-years into the problem. Now the original script did not get shot, but with no other reference in Day as to "when" it is in the timeline, why make references to three years in Land? Why not say 6 years? When things fell apart so quickly in Dawn, how is it that the survivors were able to co-operate so well in Land to not only survive, but to build electric fences (and have electricity to being with), block off the bridges, build a huge wall of the non-river protected side of the triangle, keep an active money based society going, etc.? When looking solely at the movies themselves, there is a lot of evidence that the events in Land are taking place before the events in Day.