Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Dead Rising [Help, Tips] thread

United States
    After you get the mini-chainsaws from the clown, can you go back and get them again after they break? Or any psychopath's weapon for that matter?

Also, once you get the Zombie Genocider achievement, you can get the real Mega Buster from Mega Man (not the toy found in the movie theater). Its in the security office once its unlocked.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    After you get the mini-chainsaws from the clown, can you go back and get them again after they break? Or any psychopath's weapon for that matter?

Also, once you get the Zombie Genocider achievement, you can get the real Mega Buster from Mega Man (not the toy found in the movie theater). Its in the security office once its unlocked.
    Yes, once a Psychopath is defeated his or her weapon will respawn. In the case of the mini-chainsaws you have to exit & re-enter Wonderland Plaza for 1 to respawn. With the machete all you need to do is exit Crispin's & go back in & there will be another machete sitting there waiting for you .

After getting the "Zombie Killer" achievement I now have the Mega-Man tights & boots available in the Security Room . Now I have to work on the "Zombie Genocider" so I can get the blaster & really be Mega-Man !!
    Last edited by Bunker65; 01-Sep-2006 at 12:09 PM.

United States
    I finally decided to just bite the bullet and try and finish the 72-hour mode without getting to level 50 first. I was able to get through it real quick once I was able to get the mini chainsaw. I ended up always having 3 in my inventory once a new case begins. I pretty much only took on survivors if and when I had time in-between cases. I haven't gotten the real Mega-Bister yet, but my favorite weapons right now has to be the mini-chainsaws, shotgun, ceremonial sword and the special forces assault rifle. My inventory slot is at 9 at the moment and I always have 2 nectars, 2 minichainsaws, 2 ceremonial swords, and either 1 shotgun and two assault rifles or vice versa.

Now it's time to take on the OT mode.
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tullaryx View Post
    I finally decided to just bite the bullet and try and finish the 72-hour mode without getting to level 50 first. I was able to get through it real quick once I was able to get the mini chainsaw. I ended up always having 3 in my inventory once a new case begins. I pretty much only took on survivors if and when I had time in-between cases. I haven't gotten the real Mega-Bister yet, but my favorite weapons right now has to be the mini-chainsaws, shotgun, ceremonial sword and the special forces assault rifle. My inventory slot is at 9 at the moment and I always have 2 nectars, 2 minichainsaws, 2 ceremonial swords, and either 1 shotgun and two assault rifles or vice versa.

Now it's time to take on the OT mode.
    The mini-chainsaw's make everything MUCH easier in the game . I have the max 12 slots available & usually have 3 mini-chainsaws at all times. Depending on how far I am into the game I also like to have baseball bats or hunting knives available. I like the ceremonial swords but I don't like the fact that you can't use your kick attacks while it's equiped. I know the jump attack with the sword is pretty nasty but I like to have my kick attacks available. Of course, once the special forces arrive I like to keep 2-3 of their machineguns in reserve .

I like having Nectar's in my inventory as well but my favorite is the Quickstep. You fly around the mall like Benny Hill . I always get a kick out of it .

United States
    I still havent been able to make any juices outside of nectar. I really want the one that boosts strenght.
    --- Batman

United States
    I still havent been able to make any juices outside of nectar. I really want the one that boosts strenght.
    Quickstep can be made by blending Milk & Yougart. I believe that if you mix OJ with the pie you get Untouchable. I'll try to remember what to combine to make Energizer. I think it's a mix with Coffee Creamer but I can't remember what it's mixed with. I'll post the mixes I get later after I play the game tonight .

United States
    I've pretty much gotten all the items I need to make the antidote, well finding those queens should be easy enough in the maintenance tunnel. Now, question to those who have already finished the OT part...how did you guys beat Brock?
    --- Batman

United States
    I've pretty much gotten all the items I need to make the antidote, well finding those queens should be easy enough in the maintenance tunnel. Now, question to those who have already finished the OT part...how did you guys beat Brock?
    Brock is actually pretty easy to defeat. Just stay on the lower level of the tank & when he comes down to you, use your jump kick & then back away. He'll go back to the upper part of the tank & then come back down again. Just "rinse & repeat" till you beat him . The hardest part is if you get knocked off the tank & have to fight your way through the zombies to get back onto the tank.

United States
    Just a few clips I thought people might like to check out.

Mega Man X does zombies

Dead Rising with a la Benny Hill
    --- Batman

United States
    Just a few clips I thought people might like to check out.

Mega Man X does zombies

Dead Rising with a la Benny Hill
    Those are great . I really need to unlock the Mega Blaster !!!!!!!!

Also, when you get Quickstep you'll really get a Benny Hill feel . Like the old endings of the Benny Hill show. That music will be going through your mind .

I just found this & thought it would be useful. Here are the types of juices you can blend & what you need to blend them:

+Juice - How Made - Effect+
    -- -------------------------
    Energizer - Place (Randomizer + Zombait) in a blender - Frank becomes invinceable

Nectar - Place (Orange Juice + Orange Juice) in a blender - Lures Queen Bees towards Frank

Quick Step - Place (Milk + Milk) in a blender - Increases Frank's speed

Randomizer - Place (Wine + Cooking Oil) in a blender - Restores some of Frank's health, but causes a lot of stomach pain

Spitfire - Place (Snack + Snack) in a blender - Your spit becomes a dangerous weapon

Untouchable - Place (Pie + Pie) in a blender - Zombies will not be able to grab Frank

Zombait - Place (Corn + Corn) in a blender - Zombies become even more attracted to you

*Note: All jucie effects are temporary
    ** Note 2: A blender can be found at Columbian Roastmasters in Paradize Plaza
    ================================================== =======

Be careful with the Randomizer !! It will restore your health but you always seem to get the stomach pains at the wrong time. And when you do get the pains you drop whatever weapon you're holding & are vulnerable until the pain passes.
    Last edited by Bunker65; 06-Sep-2006 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    Here is an interactive mall map, it gives the locations of weapons, psychos, books, etc. Very helpful:
    http://cybermike.spyw.com/deadrisingmap.html

United States
    the only thing about that website its so popular it over exceeds its bandwidth lol

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    kickass link man!

United States
    some people are having problems killing one the redneck pyscho in the gun shop, so here is how I did it with 1 weapon.

melee weapons are useless since he knockes / shoots you 10ft away when u get anywhere in his sight

get the uzi and go light on the trigger button open the right door and keep the left glass door closed and stick your uzi out and shoot him one bullet at a time he should go down with 60 bullets left in your uzi

United States
    I may have found a glitch to help us get "Zombie Genocider" . What happened was I started a new game & stayed in the Entrance Plaza right at the beginning & wound up killing over 700 zombies. When I finally got to the stairs & to the Security Office there were no "Case Files" to do. I guess missing the first one caused something screwy to happen with the game.

You still get the calls from Otis regarding survivors but none of the Case Files have been activated & the game didn't end.

One problem though is that the gates to the Entrance Plaza remained closed since the Case Files with Brad weren't done. So any survivors in the Entrance Plaza have to be brought all the way back to the Security Room via the long way. You have to go through Al Fresca Plaza, the Food Court, Leisure Park & then Paradise Plaza . That's a long run with survivors in tow.

I'm going to make my way down to the Maintanence Tunnels & see what I can do & how many zombies I can kill.

I'll keep everyone informed as to how I progress.