Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Dead Rising [Help, Tips] thread

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i wondered were that was, this time i skipped the cases and just saved people, right now i have 36 people safe and 21 hours left to go, will the army still arrive?

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

Rising Dead newbie needs MAJOR help!!!

Got it...thanks!!!
    Say...now that I have a survivor...where do I take them to safety??

Also, is there a website that I can go to to find what everything is??
    Like what a Queen Bee is?? Or what the red indicators are on the right hand side of my screen and what they say??
    Or how do I perform the "scoops" before they run out??

Anything would help!!!!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by win7200 View Post
    Got it...thanks!!!
    Say...now that I have a survivor...where do I take them to safety??

Also, is there a website that I can go to to find what everything is??
    Like what a Queen Bee is?? Or what the red indicators are on the right hand side of my screen and what they say??
    Or how do I perform the "scoops" before they run out??

Anything would help!!!!
    First to the Uzi question.. CoinReturn mentioned the Uzi in the Al Fresca Plaza fountain. There is also an Uzi above the entrance to the warehouse in Paradise Plaze. There is also another Uzi in the room in the Maintanence Tunnels.

Ok, now that you have a survivor, you need to get them back to the security room. Set waypoints for them away from trouble & clear the way for them so that they don't get eaten . Make sure to not go too far ahead in clearing out an area or more zombies will spawn right where your survivor is & they can be screwed !! If the survivor will take a weapon, give them one. It helps !!

The indicators on the top right of you screen are the "Scoop" & "Case File" indicators. They are either blue, yellow or red to indicate the time you have left to perform the tasks.

I have a PDF (Adobe) file that I downloaded from IGN that has a walkthrough, basics, scoops & secrets in it. If you want, PM me your e-mail address & I'll send you the file.

United States
    secrets what kinda secrets? This game got old at 740/1000 lol but i still love zombies

Dying

Undisclosed

Ok...pretty sure I know the answer...HELP!

I'm on Bombing Run. Unfortunately, I'm light on time. I can get something like 3-4 of the bombs before time runs out. Is there anyway to either add time or go back to the beginning of the case?

Pretty sure there isn't, which probably means I have to go back through the whole game. Any advice greatly appreciated!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    nope either do it fast or start over. get on the motorbike in the carpark to get to the first one, then the white car underground thats how i did it in about 2 minutes.

United States
    11 Achievments left to go for me.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Geophyrd View Post
    I'm on Bombing Run. Unfortunately, I'm light on time. I can get something like 3-4 of the bombs before time runs out. Is there anyway to either add time or go back to the beginning of the case?

Pretty sure there isn't, which probably means I have to go back through the whole game. Any advice greatly appreciated!
    Like hellsing, I used the motorcycle but I used it for the first 2 bombs (make sure you have 2). Then I basically waited for the fight with Carlito in the van. Make sure you have the mini-chainsaw & just go to town on the front/driver side window.

If you defeat Carlito you'll get a cut scene. After the cut scene run straight ahead & you'll run to where the white car is parked. With the white car you should have no problems getting the other 2 or 3 bombs before time runs out. The last bomb will be outside the meat processing plant & you'll be able to take the van if your white car is on it's last legs.

If you want to get the achievement for "Snuff Shot B", take the red car back into the tunnels after bomb run. Go right at the end of the tunnel & then take your first left. Next, take the first right & you'll get another cut scene. You can pretty much follow from there .

Good luck !!

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    secrets what kinda secrets? This game got old at 740/1000 lol but i still love zombies
    There are a couple of things that you can do to earn more PP. You can ride the Space Coaster which will get you 10,000PP. In Al Fresca Plaza in Flexin' you can punch & destroy all the heavy bags for extra PP. You can also walk on all the treadmills for extra PP.

11 Achievments left to go for me.
    All I have left are the "5 Day Survivor" & "7 Day Survivor" achievements. The problem is I've heard it takes 14 hours to get those . I don't have time for 14 hours straight of gaming . I don't know why there isn't a save option in "Infinate Mode". Come on, just give us 1 save .
    Last edited by Bunker65; 31-Oct-2006 at 04:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    why not just leave it on when you go to sleep in the security room?, im at about 24/50 achievments though i aint been trying to hard, some like the zombie genocider seem impossible, and getting 50 people out the mall, to my mind i think theres only 70-75 people in the game, i saved 38 and lost 10 straight away, and killed all the bosses, so how i was supposed to get 50 i dont know.

but here the easy gamerpoints.

freefall 20-points -when you head into the warehouse after the security room dont take the lift, go through the door and drop.

portraiture 20-points ,veyr easy this one, in the entranc eplaza the 10 people who die at the start, take photos of em before reaching the pile of stuff at the back.

photojournalist + the artiste -40 points ,when you meet the couple on the roof before you enter the mall again take there picture when the reconicle for an easy 10,000pp for a single photograph.

raining zombies 20-points during the first caseyou head with brad to the entrance plaza, pick up a parasol after the cutscene and run with it open to the door as you head back for another easy 20 points.

perfect gunner 20 points- take your time with the uzi above the warehouse door in the north plaza ,make a good aim at a slow zombie and shoot a single shot and if you hit dont use another machine gun again for the game, that way youve never missed.

marathon runner 20 points- very easy all you have to do is move.

carjacker 20-points, in the first zombie break in in the entranc eplaza fight to the right of the fountain and pick up the shotgun, then after you do the first case use it on the convicts and just get in there un manned car, simle as that.

those ar ethe easyiest ones, anyone know how i even jump a bike or a car?

http://www.achieve360points.com/game/deadrising/ check this place out it has a list of the achievements for most 360 games and how to get em, got me the chief investigator in condemned.
    Last edited by Danny; 31-Oct-2006 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    why not just leave it on when you go to sleep in the security room?, im at about 24/50 achievments though i aint been trying to hard, some like the zombie genocider seem impossible, and getting 50 people out the mall, to my mind i think theres only 70-75 people in the game, i saved 38 and lost 10 straight away, and killed all the bosses, so how i was supposed to get 50 i dont know.

those ar ethe easyiest ones, anyone know how i even jump a bike or a car?

http://www.achieve360points.com/game/deadrising/ check this place out it has a list of the achievements for most 360 games and how to get em, got me the chief investigator in condemned.
    That would be great if you could just leave the game on while you sleep but they didn't make "Infinate Mode" that easy. You lose health continually throughout "Infinate Mode". Kind of like if you don't eat you lose energy. Same deal here. You life bar continually goes down. Not fast mind you, but it does go down. And the food items in the mall don't re-spawn like they do in the regular game. The longest I've made it is 2 days + so far. You have to make sure you have the books that increase the effect of the food items to even have a remote chance of getting these achievements.

Let me think on how I got the "Saint" achievement . When I remember how I did it I'll let you know .

United States
    infin mode is so hard i lasted 16 hours lol

United States
    infin mode is so hard i lasted 16 hours lol
    I didn't find it hard just that it drags on & on . I actually fell asleep playing in "Infinate Mode" & wound up waking up while I was getting gnawed on by a few zombies .

I don't know if you've gotten the "Zombie Genocider" achievement yet, but having the Real Mega Blaster makes it MUCH easier . Plus, make sure you have at least 2 of the 3 health books (2 health books & survival book). Having 2 or all 3 make it that much easier as well. Say you are down to 1 bar in health & have an orange juice or milk, I've gone from that 1 bar all the way to 12 bars with just the one juice or container of milk.

United States
    ^^^ Hmm I did get the zombie genocider achievment and now that you mention the books I will definatly use those

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah i only figured out the books and the juices this time round so id get two health books and one that makes blade weapons 3 times as durable then those hunting knifes last for a few hundred kills, and anyone else find that rotor tool in the north plaza, just found it today, damn thats fun!

and im up to 28/50 adn my gamerscores up to 5375

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    anyone else find that rotor tool in the north plaza, just found it today, damn thats fun
    Sure did Silent Bob. Zombie sushi like a motherf**ker YO!