Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Dead Rising [Help, Tips] thread

Administrator

England
    damn

the majority of survivors to rescue seem to be in wonderland plaza and north plaza too, which means your given a choice of trying to run back through al fresca, which is always packed with zombies and is impossible becuase the survivors always try to fight them and ignore you when you tell them to run OR take a run through the leisure park, which results in those psycho's killing you and your party...

what a choice

United States
    Kill the Clown in wonderland plaza, take that server to the bathroom and he will show you a hidden tunnel. that tunnel goes all the way across to paradise plaza where you can easily take survivers the 100 feet to the security room.
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

Administrator

England
    clown? what clown?

ive just killed the guy with petrol bombs..

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    clown? what clown?

ive just killed the guy with petrol bombs..

I havent gotten there myself, andy, but I came across this one day. Maybe it will help. It's from THIS website.

Easily one of the craziest bosses, a demonic clown named Adam dual-wields chain saws as his primary weapons. And, as if that weren't enough, he also throws knives and blows up balloons with toxic gases. Have your game saved before engaging this guy -- the nearest save spot is over in the athletic store next to the food court. Across from the save point, put the hardware store to good use by stocking up on hedge clippers -- they attack fast, are extremely durable and, best of all, are small enough to store in your pocket (how does that happen?).

After equipping yourself with the proper arsenal of weapons, proceed to the food court and put a bottle of wine into an empty slot of your inventory for health reasons. Now go into the Wonderland Plaza and head up the stairs to the control deck of the space ride. Find the controls for the ride and press the B button to activate the cut-scene, in which Adam the clown divulges his appetite for laughter and prepares to fight you.
    Unfortunately, it also goes on to tell you the easiest way to beat him(along with every other boss and secret). So if you want to figure that stuff out yourself, I suggest you don't read all of that webpage.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    I'm not quite sure what the best way to kill them off is but I do know that no matter how many times you get rid of them they'll be in the park causing mayhem the next time you visit. They're a pain in the arse.
    actually they only appaer once each day and on the last day are replaced by a helocopter, get the shotgun from the weapons store or the entrance plaza and lure them into a group of trees, they'll get stuck and you can easily blow em away, but once you beat the clown you get a shortcut to avoid the area anyway.
    to fight the clown guy just go to the console in the ride at the centre of wonderland plaza and press 'x', hes a toughie though.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/actio...pdates;title;1 heres a little thing from gamespot, in case the link works, cus that adress looks a little dodgy, capcom states "they can use this franchise for years to come, heres hoping the sequel is in a massive gta/alan wake sized area, with like, i dunno 4 play co-op over live.

Administrator

England
    well i killed the clown, but some fat guy has taken half the people i rescued back out into the mall and i dunno where they gone

ive missed the deadline for my scoop which was impossible to catch, and strangely all the psychopaths have dissappeared, is that becuase ive missed the deadline or is it becuase its day 3?

United States
    Day Three, it happens.

Also, make sure you occasionaly go back to the security room to talk randal out of leading a rebelion, and another guy wants food. feed them both and any rebbelion will have been averted.
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

Administrator

England
    why does the mall keep going dark aswell? like the power is going off

does that mean something is gonna happen?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    no the power just goes off at night atuomatically and the zombies get stronger and if you dont give randal some food he leads out his room and they all die/get lost, sorry man but they aint coming back, it happened to me the first time too.

(mini woot for 3700th post )

Administrator

England
    next time i just aint gonna save that fat guy!

anyone else i should avoid saving?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    nope though i would save him anyway just take him a bag of crisps or something.

another one of these callback ones is when a wamon who, after the fight with the cultist leader is in a cupboard near the screen , calls you back to take photos of her in.....various poses.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ohhh man I really hope they do a sequel! They'd have to include online co-op; it would be the most fun ever, probably.

I hope they fix all the crap in the first one that pissed me off:

-Few, and far between, save spots
    -Not being able to move while aiming a weapon

Those are pretty much the only complaints I have, actually.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    really?, id prefer a little less linear gameplay it was just rescue people, kill zombies ,why not make your own weapons, like sticking dynamite on a remote control car and speeding it into a crowd and blow up group, or actually baricading a shop, that was lost in dead rising.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    really?, id prefer a little less linear gameplay it was just rescue people, kill zombies
    You don't have to do the story line in the game. You don't even have to rescue people. You can just run around and only kill zombies if you want.