Just been bitten

Undisclosed

Spoilers From Day Remake!

today in BD:

from the stark sands blog:
    http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/7093

Super Moderator

UK

"so I can see what exactly we are re-making"...

Yet more reasons why this 'movie' will suck the perverbial fat one...

"The film is a typical zombie movie-- virus infects town, people start biting each other, virus spreads by the bites, and a handful of survivors try to make it out of town alive. In this one, the military is brought in to enforce a quarantine on the small town of Leadville, CO, because of the mysterious virus. Once they realize the virus eventually makes people start ravenously attacking each other, it's too late... EXCEPT for a few."

Gee, this sounds original, like we haven't seen the BEGINNING OF AN OUTBREAK a bajillion times before!!!

"The principal characters are Sarah Cross (Mena Suvari)-- a tough young army corporal; Salazar (Nick Cannon)-- a sharp tongued army badass; Bud Crain (me)-- a freshly scrubbed young private seeing his first real action; their Captain Rhodes (Ving Rhames); and Sarah's younger brother and his girlfriend (Michael Welch & Annalynne McCord)."

Speaks for itself, "tough, young", "sharp tongued", nooby soldiers and *sigh* standard young kids in love junk, no doubt we'll see them shagging each other at some point for obligatory tits and arse.

"I have a fantastic part in this one. I am a nervous, vegetarian private who is sweet on Mena's character from the beginning. I've never seen combat before, but as soon as people start changing I get to kick some serious zombie ass. About halfway through the film, I am bitten on the wrist, and after pouring bleach on the wound in an attempt to clean it, Mena handcuffs me to the backseat of the Hummer we are traveling in, in case I change. When she and Nick return from the gun store they are looting, I have become a zombie, but they notice that I'm not trying to eat them (I have the distinction of being the first ever vegetarian zombie), so they keep me around. I also seem to retain some of my former self, so if I start to wander off they just bark some military orders at me (Atten-HUT, about-FACE, etc) and I do a zombie version of the order. Without giving too much away, I end up saving the day at the end of the film."

A vege-f*ckin'-tarian ZOMBIE, you have GOT to be f*ckin' kiddin' me, letting him roam free? He immediately doesn't go about attacking his "friends", oh my gawd. Looting a gun store? I thought this was a military operation?

"I'm off to go watch the original Day of the Dead up in my room now, so I can see what exactly we are re-making."

Speaks for itself, hasn't even seen what they're remaking...ridiculous.

If what this chump is saying is true, then this movie will guaranteed 100% be a pile of steaming turd, even if he's lying, it's still going to be utter garbage, guaranteed.

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    f*** me.... it sounds so... crap!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I'm just hoping this isn't true. The vegetarian zombie sounds like something Roger Corman would use.

Undisclosed
    That's all we need is people making or starring in a movie who don't know jack sh!t about the original.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    I just threw up into my mouth a little bit.

Undisclosed

And just think, we'll all be there on the opening night.

I agree with most of the posts, as DAY of the DEAD was my favorite of the trilogy for a long, long time (it is soooo claustrophobic with the same loneliness DAWN had).

Still, I'm willing to give it a shot. There may be at least some character development in the DAY remake, as there was virtually NONE in the DAWN remake (except for CJ's character).
    "Totally Togepi!"

Dead

Undisclosed
    You have to be ****ing kidding me! Paris Hilton's brother here sure took a **** in my coffee this morning with his generation Z' posting. It sure is hard to have any faith left with descriptions coming back like that. I'll bet this damned fool has never even seen an original. Zombies following army drill and ceremony? Vegetarian zombies? Who the hell wrote this politically correct script? Are the dead going to file discrimination suits for not getting enough to eat? Where's the equal opportunity employment office for the recently deceased??!! BOOHOO!

Now I'm really confused why they're filming in Bulgaria. I thought it would be filmed underground ...but how are they going to accurately duplicate a Colorado in the middle Eastern Europe? Anyone ever been there? I have, and it sure didn't look like Colorado!

Ok, this optimist has come completely unglued....I'm going to Walmart for some rat poison. Maybe I'll kick some puppies and drown some kittens along the way.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jim102016
    You have to be ****ing kidding me! Paris Hilton's brother here sure took a **** in my coffee this morning with his generation Z' posting. It sure is hard to have any faith left with descriptions coming back like that. I'll bet this damned fool has never even seen an original. Zombies following army drill and ceremony? Vegetarian zombies? Who the hell wrote this politically correct script? Are the dead going to file discrimination suits for not getting enough to eat? Where's the equal opportunity employment office for the recently deceased??!! BOOHOO!

Now I'm really confused why they're filming in Bulgaria. I thought it would be filmed underground ...but how are they going to accurately duplicate a Colorado in the middle Eastern Europe? Anyone ever been there? I have, and it sure didn't look like Colorado!

Ok, this optimist has come completely unglued....I'm going to Walmart for some rat poison. Maybe I'll kick some puppies and drown some kittens along the way.
    haha! yeah well guess what everybody? i live 30 minutes away from leadville colorado and i can tell you one thing for sure, leadville is leadville. it def aint bulgaria! as for the descriptions here i personally think weve seen the first real competiton for day of the dead: contagium. yeah i think it sounds that bad! but your right, i'll be right there standing in line with you all.

Super Moderator

UK
    Erm, I certainly will not be there opening night, no pissing way am I ever going to spend ANY money on this pile of monkey farm sh*te. I'll download it so I can see how friggin' atrocious it's going to be, but guaranteed, 100%, this film WILL suck copious amounts of uncut donky dong.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    A Vegan zombie... WTF?

It's official this film will be crap
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Banned User

United States
    I know. A vegetarian zombie. Sheesh...

What's next? They'll be able to think, reason, and communicate?

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Svengoolie
    I know. A vegetarian zombie. Sheesh...

What's next? They'll be able to think, reason, and communicate?

Been done already
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Banned User

United States
    Is it just me or wasn't there a veggie zombie in the fan fiction here? I know it's been a year or more since I read the story but I'm pretty sure his name was Fido. It was an enjoyable story.

Concerning the movie, being as it's from some of the same people responsible for Craptagium, I seriously have my doubts that it will be even mildly entertaining.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    My gut feeling is that "Stark" is taking the piss and is simply trying to stir up the online fanboys.

I ****ing hope so anyway.