Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diary of the Dead

United States
    Sorry George, the film sounds like pure, utter ****.

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah I heard about this today too, sounds a bit sh*t to me to be honest ... no doubt it'll end up sinking like many of GAR's other prospective projects over the years. Diary of the Dead sounds quite crap, gimme World of the Dead damnit!

United States

Sweet Jesus, whatever happened to showing the man some respect?!

Okay, with that, I don't mean we as fans should kiss the man's @$$ (George) regardless of what he says or does. But, we should at least give him a chance to redeem himself, especially since none of us as seen a shot of footage yet.

I was dumbfounded by this news. Seemed to come out of the blue, but maybe everyone has heard of it and I'm not up on the times.

Whatever happened with 'Diamond Dead', by the way?

Also, if George wants to go back to 'Night of the Living Dead' with a lower-budget zombie film his way, why not shoot it around Pittsburgh then and not Canada?!

Dawg

Original Member Since 1998. [10 YEARS AND COUNTING!]

Super Moderator

UK
    Because shooting in Canada proved much cheaper than shooting in Pittsburgh (like with Land).

Also, just sayin' from the info about this "Diary of the Dead" makes it sounds like crap, also, the title is a pile of poo...if GAR is gonna do a zombie flick, make a real "of the Dead" flick for the series, otherwise make some other kinds of movies (or horror flicks), mix it up a bit...although I guess that's what this Isle thing is all about...

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiegirl
    Somebody call Samuel.

He can play the professor who send these little reatrds out ont heir quest.

"Alright you little snot nose muthephuckers listen up. The university will loan you the equipment but it's your ass if anything happens to this sheeet, and don't so something stupid like run out and re-hash the blair witch project cause if you do I will leave it out for Otto the harbage man to pick-up. And above all if you film in the cemetary... has some phucking respect for the dead, you dig?"

SAMUEL L. JACKSON must be cast in this film
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    "Children Shouldn't Play With Pulp Fiction" ... I can see it now...

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie04
    http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/7081

I really don't know what to think about this if it proves to be true. Sure another Romero zombie movie would be nice, but I was hoping a little bit more for a traditional zombie movie.

ALmost sounds like DAWG's The Dead: Live

I think he stole your concept DAWG... sue his ass off.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    I say let's give the man a break at least he is back to making his movies! Hopefully it will be good I have my eyes,fingers,toes crossed that this will be good. George please dont let us down!!!!
    I too am glad he is disappointed in "Land" I liked it but, I think it could be different not better but different.
    I know I will be in line at the theater when it comes out! Come on won't we all?

Super Moderator

UK
    Well, it'd be cool to see an indie offering ... but obviously a good one.

Now, I really can't see Diary being a sequel (or #2 in the "new" trilogy as GAR is going on about having a new trilogy after Land blah blah blah) to Land, because you can't go from Land to Diary, it also doesn't make any transitionary sense (Night/Dawn/Day had a clear progression, and sh*t, Land progressed from Day quite obviously). "Diary" should be renamed and just be a completely separate movie, it'd be interesting to see a GAR zombie flick, that ISN'T part of his most famous works, if you're getting my drift.

I suppose it's got a better chance of moving into production as it'll be an indie flick, but it needs renaming and removing from the main GAR zombie flicks ... "World" is clearly meant to be the actual successor to "Land". This new announcement should be a completely different, removed and solitary outing...

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    i wonder if the movie will get a theatrical release...

Undisclosed
    Rename it. Other than that, I think it might be interesting to see a creator reimagine his own work.

Making the world a not so safe place.

United States
    I know youd rather see me gone,Than to see me the way that I am. But I am in the life anyway.

Just been bitten TheWalkingDude's Avatar

Undisclosed

Diary of the Dead

A friendly reminder to look before you post, I've merged the threads to remind everyone to look before they leap. Cheers, MZ.

I am new hear but i came across this artical yesterday and today that i find exciting.

George A. Romero will write and direct George Romero's Diary of the Dead, which his company Romero-Grunwald Productions will produce with Artfire Films.

The storyline revolves around a group of film students who encounter real zombies when making a horror movie in the woods.

Voltage Pictures has picked up worldwide sales rights to the pic, which Artfire is fully financing. Production is slated to begin October 11 in Toronto.

Romero also is set to write and direct the thriller Solitary Isle for Ashok Amritraj's Hyde Park Entertainment. He most recently wrote and directed George A. Romero's Land of the Dead.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 27-Aug-2006 at 11:05 AM.

Canada
    people said the same thing about the blair with project, with the guerilla type style and was not only a success but a decent pic.

look at it this way, if he bank rolls it , and is a hit, good chance hell bank roll the next dead series with no studio on his back. it a smart business/creative move.

Super Moderator

UK
    Of course, the thing is, Blair Witch has already been done...so perhaps people would feel jaded. It's like Blair Witch meets Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things at the moment ... and in that respect, to me, seems a bit pointless...on the face of it.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 27-Aug-2006 at 11:05 AM.