View Poll Results: Which Kill Bill Film do your prefer?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kill Bill Vol. 1

8 53.33%
  • Kill Bill Vol. 2

7 46.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kill Bill Films - Why do we like them?

United States
    Well, I liked them both, but vol. 1 was the best. It had the most action compared to part 2, and I just love the storyline.

What's weird is, Uma Thurman never did a thing for me... that is, 'till she became a badass with a samurai sword - then suddenly she jumped into 'hottie' status on my list.

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing
    kill bill was worse than jackie brown that was one stinker of a movie
    couldnt agree more, i waited for both kill bills to come out and watched them back to back. it some good parts, but not his best work. i really think for the sake of making more money it was extended into 2 films. it all could of been cut together in 2.5-3 hour movie.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed
    Kill Bill, while different, isn't something truly great in my eyes. It's a nice enough film, but neither the first or the second one reach up to the greatness that Quentin Tarantino has made in the past. Part 1 in particular has some pacing problems.
    My thoughts exactly. "Kill Bill" was more of just an homage film for Tarantino. He just wanted to tip his hat at some of his favorite films and characters.(Hatori Hanzo, etc, etc).

It's nothing compared to "Reservoir Dogs", "Pulp Fiction", "From Dusk Till Dawn", and "True Romance". I'm a lot more excited about "Grindhouse", than I ever was for "Kill Bill".

But anyway....to answer the question/poll: Volume 2 wins for me. Vol. 1 was nothing but crazy action and blood....hardly any plot. Plus, I loved Robert Rodriquez's score on Vol. 2.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311
    But anyway....to answer the question/poll: Volume 2 wins for me. Vol. 1 was nothing but crazy action and blood....hardly any plot.
    Interesting... that's the main reason I liked Vol. 1.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr
    Interesting... that's the main reason I liked Vol. 1.
    I thought the blood & gore were way over the top, but hey it is a Tarantino film so it is supposed to be, right?

I think Part was better as far as pacing the movie moved more quickly, but after much thought The chapter dealing with her training with PAI MEI in VOl 2. was probably the best overall story chapter of the film. Vol. 1 was just a better movie.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    I thought the blood & gore were way over the top, but hey it is a Tarantino film so it is supposed to be, right?
    Interesting.. that's the other reason I liked Vol. 1.

Undisclosed
    I like both the films, cause I used to be really into Kung fu. I like the way he incorporated the whole honor of old Japenese culture in with modern society. Tastefully done I might add.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I really enjoy the fact he referenced Bruce Lee and Enter the Dragon quite a bit. I always like Martial arts movies, but Bruce Lee's films were great because the action was fast, and not bogged down by tradition like some films.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*