Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DEADLANDS: The Rising Makes Fright Night Film Fest

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by dmbfanintn View Post
    As I said, it is a big IF, Tennessee opens the season against Cal this weekend and I don't want to miss the game either!

Poor DJ, no internet,
    If you can't make that showing, you could always check out Season of the Dead @ 5:30

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well I am back online... I will be there for the showing of the film. I am leaving tomorrow after I drop off the master for DEADLANDS to LouCIpherr and then I am off to Kentucky. I am gonna check out Axlish's film because I am curious and he hasn't sent me a DVD yet.

Hopefully I will catch ya there dmbfanintn... and whomever else is in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by dmbfanintn View Post
    As I said, it is a big IF, Tennessee opens the season against Cal this weekend and I don't want to miss the game either!

Poor DJ, no internet,

Thats what VCR's are for man... J/k
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 01-Sep-2006 at 01:09 AM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Undisclosed
    I live about 10 min. outside of Louisville on the IN side of the river. I'll be there. Rock on!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    maybe you'll end up signing **** and stuff and heading out the back way from rabid fanboys

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Hell No!...

LOL

I made this for the fans. I wish more filmmakers did stuff for the fans. One of the reasons I respect George so much is because he is all about the fans. You can tell LAND was a fan movie. I mean made just for the fans.

I hope people really enjoy it, and you guys will be able to buy it soon. October 3rd or 10th looks to be the sell Date.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Well, I just talked to Dj on the phone a few minutes ago. After sitting in maryland traffic for 3 1/2 hours or so, he's finally in west virginia (drive faster Dj! I hear banjo music! ) and should be there in KY at around 1am.

Maaaaan, he called me while he was in traffic, and he was pissed! I guess between the tropical storm that's slammin maryland right now (forcing many to drive west), and the general low-mentality of the drivers in this state, it was really testing his sanity.

Undisclosed
    I dont doubt it, the traffic arounf here combined with the idiots that live here, can even make my strong christian mother swear

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I am gonna check out Axlish's film because I am curious and he hasn't sent me a DVD yet.
    Badass dude, let me know what you think. Take some pictures for me if you read this! Have fun!
    Last edited by axlish; 02-Sep-2006 at 01:46 PM. Reason: spelling error

Undisclosed
    Well, turnout was sh*t, but that's not surprising fo this town. Props to Gary and Axlish on their films. More details later.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I just got back from Kentucky, and when I heard the dueling Banjo's I hauled ass even faster.

Mapquest estimated my time to get to Louisville, KY at 9 hours and 2 mins from Gaithersburg, MD. I met up with Lou for lunch on friday and was at the far eastern side of Baltimore, so that added 75 miles to my trip. With traffic and stops it took me 11 hours and 13 mins to arrive in Louisville, Ky. I checked in at 1:56am EST.

The same was home mapquest estimated 9 hours 2 minutes, I did in 8 hours 10 mins.

The turn out for the film fest was poor, but it wasn't all that bad. I finally was able to meet the man behind the DEADLANDs poster artwork, and we had a few people in the screening even for 11:00am After the screening was over I checked out some other films, networked with the vendors and other filmmakers, and eagerly awaited 5:30pm to come around so I could see Axlish's SEASON of the DEAD. Chukrok and I went in and grabbed a back row seat and the flick began. Axlish turned out something pretty decent for his low budget, and I am not trying to blow smoke up anyone's ass on this, but considering some of the other films and clips from upcoming films I had seen Mine and Axlish's were probably the best there from the group of films I watched.

Now there were some films with higher budgets that played at night, but I didn't get to see them, but one of them had the entire cast show up for the screening. I went into another zombie film before Axlish's started and walked out 10 minutes into the film... frankly because it was really bad, and Axlish's flick was starting in 20 minutes.

Now like I said turn out was bad, but it was kinda cool because I got to talk to the event coordinators and some of the celebs, Gunnar, John Dugan, Joe Bob Briggs and get their take on Horror films today. The people whom set up the festival are cool and this was their first one. They changed locations with only 2 weeks notice so that could have hurt some of the attendance, but word of mouth should bring enough people to the 2nd one which will be held in July 2007. (I think the Labor day weekend hurt the festival a bit too.)

All in all it was a cool experience, cost me $500 bucks between Gas, Hotel, One day pass (yep they charged the filmmakes too) and meals. Hotel and gas alone was about $390 the other $110 was meals, and trinkets..

I picked up

A Shaun NECA figure
    A MARV (Sin City) Series 1 Figure
    BATMAN fan Films including BATMAN: DEAD END where he fights Predator
    and a TCM 2 poster

I left this morning at 10:46 and I am glad to be home... Would I make the drive again... in a Heartbeat I liked Louisville, and the festival was pretty cool.

Well thats it for now. I will update it more later.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Banned User

United States
    I am glad to hear you had a good time DJ and made it back safe being the speed demon you are. I am anxious to hear more about the reviews you got at the festival.
    Also congrats to you too Axlish. Sounds like a job well done.

Undisclosed
    I didn't get to see as many films as DJ did, I had to run back and forth from the fest, but I agree with his statements. A lot of those films made it just because they were "local", one wasn't even a horror film (even though I heard it was pretty good). But I met some cool people (including Gary) and had a good time. I did miss out on the vendors' room and forums and because of some other matters wasted $10 on my 2nd day pass and couldn't attend Sunday. I think some better advertising and planning will make next year's event much better.