Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I Am Zombie Man - watch it now!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    hope you got better luck filming than i have recently, december waethrs a bee-yatch.

Super Moderator

UK
    Aye, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the weather holds. I don't mind about the cold, just as long as it ain't raining/snowing/windy then it'll be fine. I was out filming "Smack Addict" between Xmas and New Year in 2005, so hopefully it'll be the same quality of weather again this year. I'm hoping that all this rain and wind and whatnot gets blown 'out of the weather's system' so-to-speak so it's nice and calm between the 27th and 30th.

Keep 'dem fingaz crossed peeps!

capncnut
    I hate to break it MZ but we 'aint had snow for a while now, I think a dirty f**k off blizzard is long overdue matey. I don't know about you but I can taste it in the air.

Super Moderator

UK
    Hmmm ... I remember we had snow on Xmas Day either last year or the year before where I'm at, just a light dusting, nothing to write home about. When I was at uni we had snow each year, sadly in the final year - although it snowed for 2 weeks - it was nothing but temporary dustings and eventual slush. But the previous 2 years we had really good snowfall at uni, particularly the first year - where we started a snowball rolling at our res and rolled it down to the lake - it ended up weighing about a ton and was about 5 feet tall - the goal - push that bastard into the lake, lol.

Aye, snowfall is highly doubtful around there 'ere parts, I don't mind snow - just not when I'm filming thank you very much, likewise I don't want rain and wind - which are more likely than snow. Hopefully the weather system gets all that out of its, er, system by then...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    I think a dirty f**k off blizzard is long overdue matey.
    you dont hear that enough on the weather reports

capncnut
    Just thought I'd bump this up so a certain someone can watch it.

Too bad Tempe are giving DJ s**t over this. I really don't know what their problem is.

Banned User

United States
    I loved it. it was simply the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

capncnut
    Better than all the rest?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    better than anyone?

Super Moderator

UK
    Better than anything ... ... ... (except the DVX100B, that's just too fine to bump ).

Glad you liked IAZM, hls.

United States
    Hellsing, you sig pic of ZM almost made me shoot soda outta my nose.. "Standing for BRAINS!"

Too funny.

Oh, the winter/cold is sucky to film in - we did some cold nights during Deadlands, but the absolute worst was the summer shoots on the streets for the traffic jam sequences. The one weekend it was 92 degrees at 3 in the morning and the humidity was over 90%. Talk about BRUTAL conditions. I think both Dj and I have come to the realization that we will never ever EVER film during the middle of the summer ever again.

Alas, once it's over with and you look at the final product, the hell you go through during filming doesn't really matter anymore.

LC

Super Moderator

UK
    Damn straight, if the final product is good, then it's all worth it.

We don't quite have the extremes of weather here as you seem to get over there (well, not where I live, it swings back and forth to opposite ends of the spectrum, but within narrower boundaries).

But here's a taste of some of the conditions for filming the shorts I've done in the past:

"my NIGHTMARE":

Mozzies biting the sh*t out of me, red ants biting Knox's arse and legs (at the tree where he was covered in fake blood). Sweaty hot, attempting to clamber over barbed wire fences (the sort that are strong enough, but too weak to properly support you, so no matter what you're getting sharp bits in your thighs, hands and beanbag *ouch*).

Also, filming in that barn, ewwww ... hovering over the rotting remains of a calf ... this barn was infested with rats, it stunk of cow sh*t and again - hot.

"Trapped":

More heat, more mozzies, but generally calmer and nowhere near as smelly as the year before.

"Smack Addict":

Pretty darn cold, the kind of cold that creeps up on you till you feel how cold the area around your kidneys is.

"VHS":

Filming in a sealed off garage in the middle of one of the hottest days of the year, so there's no airflow whatsoever ... then erect a black polythene box (including ceiling) and seal yourself inside with sticky tape ... turn on a couple of lights and start running around in circles ... sweaty? F*ck yes ... and Ben was bound to a chair, ha!

"I Am Zombie Man":

The heat was dying out by then, which was nice, but still - mozzies, flies and other bothering insects than keep flying into your eyes or chewing on your flesh in the middle of a shot (if you notice any slight camera wonks to the side which don't seem 'par-for-the-course' so-to-speak - that's an insect biting me.

And more fences to climb over - which are enshrowded in large prickle bushes.

"I Am Zombie Man 2":

COLD ... drizzle ... rapidly vanishing light (even at 3pm) ... some more cold ... cold kidney-surrounding flesh ... slipping in cow sh*t.

... nowhere near as extreme as that traffic jam sequence filming sesh you're describing, but still ... not a fluffer in sight, ergo, "uncomfortable conditions".

But aye - very worth it for the final product.

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Better than anything ... ... ... (except the DVX100B, that's just too fine to bump ).

Glad you liked IAZM, hls.
    Hell ya I loved it!! Zombie man rules!! Next to Godzilla.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    oh of course, but he makes godzuki look like a bee'yatch.

Canada
    it was okay yea.
    Last edited by mista_mo; 08-Nov-2009 at 12:15 PM.