View Poll Results: How does it make you feel to see the 30th anny NOTLD?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Angry

8 22.86%
  • Depressed

2 5.71%
  • Suicidal

4 11.43%
  • Clinically ill

11 31.43%
  • Murderous

10 28.57%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NOTLD 30th Anniversary

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    It's technically not a remake, though.....is it? I consider "Night90" to be the remake of "Night". This is just another in a long line of attempts at screwing Romero over and trying to improve upon an already great film. Go figure.

Didn't the guy that had a hand in "Return of the Living Dead" also have something to do with this? That makes sense to me....both are crap.

Hardy har har. This film has no redeeming values whatsoever. I don't know what's going to pollute the earth longer. The memory of this film or all the wasted non biodegradable materials that were used to package it.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    You needed one more choice in the poll:

All of the above.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I LOVED THIS VERSION!

you know why? because I laughed, and laughed, and laughed....someone who's technically got 30 years of independant filmmaking under his belt hasn't managed to make ONE good ****in' movie in his lifetime (I'm of course talking about that thick rimmed glasses twat John Russo). he's just hooked onto the back of George's work for so long, and he lacks any kind of visualising. His shots don't play with space and time like Romero does, his scripting isn't even scripting...the actors he chose to add in, well they were again hilarious...

its a simple LANDMARK of bad, stupid and unintentionally ironic filmmaking....why ironic? because after 30 years he's tried to make something better, and has just been shown up by the original....it makes me feel less animosity to George Lucas for what he did to Star Wars (which let's face it, wasn't necessary...) - cos at least that **** had substance. Russo is a complete idiot...a true hanger on-er...a nobody with a very thin rolodex which just has george's name in it...

And this film has proven it...I can only hope to dear god that this movie was a huge nail in the coffin of his "career" - or is it a hobby?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    The 30th anniversary edition of our favourite film hasn't got a thread of its own.. so i thought i'd make one.

ive just been discussing it with MZ and its angered up my blood just talking about it. so im making this thread to release some of that.

seriously, this is offensive, its worse than a remake. i know this has probally been said a million times before but i dont care i want to say it again, i hate this thing with a passion. seriously.

its worse than a remake, becuase they've only done 15 minutes of new footage, and they've screwed that up and put minimum effort in, and their making money off the good NOTLD name.

GAR what were you thinking?

let me give 2 reasons why i loath this, and then i'll shut up and let you reply.

1. The Priest
    What the funk was going on with that priest? he appeared out of nowhere at the start of the film, dissappeared for most of the film then at the end, got bite by bill hinzman and didn't turn i mean what the funk... just go and break every zombie law that exists... it shows him like 6 months later with a scar going "yeah i washed it with holy water and i didn't turn".. the biggest rip off con i have ever seen in a movie ever by far

2. Bill Hinzman AKA Cemetry Zombie
    They took the cemetry zombie, and ruined it. one of my favourite villians if you will, and ruined him. they gave him some half assed explanination of who he was and took all the mystery away from him.. but worst of all.. they bring bill hinzman back to play him.. good idea, in theory.

but so is communism

see the small fact they overlooked is that bill has aged 30 years since NOTLD was made and no longer looks like the cemetry zombie. and they make absolutly no attempt to hide it! their make up budget must of been a £10 boots gift voucher becuase they havn't done a thing.. true what could they do? well true, they could of got a look-a-like or something.. but check this out..

The original, cemetry Zombie...

bill in his 30th anniversary role...

now no matter how much drink, drugs and brain trauma you have... you could not possibly think this is the same character. how the hell did they think this would wash? seriously..

if you've actually seen the 30th anny version, the new scenes are spliced with the old ones "seemlessly".. the only prob is, it jumps from old bill to new bill... you dont know what the hell is going on, you honestly think its 2 different people..

those are my 2 main reasons for loathing this movie, apart from the obvious its a rip of all i hold dear and a cash in on a legends name.. any other comments? any brave or stupid souls willing to attempt to defend this bag of horse manure.
    Dude, that was the best and most hilarious teardown of the NOLD 30th that I have ever read. I salute you!

Quote Originally Posted by general tbag View Post
    the only thing i wished for was the beakmans diner scene as they had originally planned.

i bought it, watched it once and never have seen it again. i think out of all the new material i liked the scene were it shows the coopers car turned over.

the rest was just crap, even the music.
    They showed that? I can't remember. Maybe I was just too disgusted at that point, I dunno!
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 23-Aug-2007 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Canada
    Saw this once, threw up, pulled it out of my DVD player
    and tossed it out the window.
    Digusting that people have to try and fool with
    such a classic.

Hell man, if it ain't broken don't try to fix it.

Undisclosed
    If you watch the 30th anniversary version this is what will happend to you as you type out a "why did you have to do this" letter to John Russo.

United States
    I wouldn't mind seeing it... but I'd NEVER pay for it... I think when they keep re-releasing movies its just to rape the fans a few more times to get more money... its riddick...
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html