View Poll Results: How does it make you feel to see the 30th anny NOTLD?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Angry

8 22.86%
  • Depressed

2 5.71%
  • Suicidal

4 11.43%
  • Clinically ill

11 31.43%
  • Murderous

10 28.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOTLD 30th Anniversary

Administrator

England

Post NOTLD 30th Anniversary

The 30th anniversary edition of our favourite film hasn't got a thread of its own.. so i thought i'd make one.

ive just been discussing it with MZ and its angered up my blood just talking about it. so im making this thread to release some of that.

seriously, this is offensive, its worse than a remake. i know this has probally been said a million times before but i dont care i want to say it again, i hate this thing with a passion. seriously.

its worse than a remake, becuase they've only done 15 minutes of new footage, and they've screwed that up and put minimum effort in, and their making money off the good NOTLD name.

GAR what were you thinking?

let me give 2 reasons why i loath this, and then i'll shut up and let you reply.

1. The Priest
    What the funk was going on with that priest? he appeared out of nowhere at the start of the film, dissappeared for most of the film then at the end, got bite by bill hinzman and didn't turn i mean what the funk... just go and break every zombie law that exists... it shows him like 6 months later with a scar going "yeah i washed it with holy water and i didn't turn".. the biggest rip off con i have ever seen in a movie ever by far

2. Bill Hinzman AKA Cemetry Zombie
    They took the cemetry zombie, and ruined it. one of my favourite villians if you will, and ruined him. they gave him some half assed explanination of who he was and took all the mystery away from him.. but worst of all.. they bring bill hinzman back to play him.. good idea, in theory.

but so is communism

see the small fact they overlooked is that bill has aged 30 years since NOTLD was made and no longer looks like the cemetry zombie. and they make absolutly no attempt to hide it! their make up budget must of been a £10 boots gift voucher becuase they havn't done a thing.. true what could they do? well true, they could of got a look-a-like or something.. but check this out..

The original, cemetry Zombie...

bill in his 30th anniversary role...

now no matter how much drink, drugs and brain trauma you have... you could not possibly think this is the same character. how the hell did they think this would wash? seriously..

if you've actually seen the 30th anny version, the new scenes are spliced with the old ones "seemlessly".. the only prob is, it jumps from old bill to new bill... you dont know what the hell is going on, you honestly think its 2 different people..

those are my 2 main reasons for loathing this movie, apart from the obvious its a rip of all i hold dear and a cash in on a legends name.. any other comments? any brave or stupid souls willing to attempt to defend this bag of horse manure.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah....it sucks.

aside from the new scenes.....the new score REALLY got on my nerves. Totally changed the feel of the flick...

Canada
    the only thing i wished for was the beakmans diner scene as they had originally planned.

i bought it, watched it once and never have seen it again. i think out of all the new material i liked the scene were it shows the coopers car turned over.

the rest was just crap, even the music.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Thumbs down

yeah they really missed the boat on this one. These men had an opportunity to add something with substantive value to the film that could've really - " FLESHED" out the story, as in the beakman's diner scene, the coopers fleeing from their overturned car or even tom and judy hearing the first reports of the plague on their radio while swimming. Since they pulled that stunt with the Hinzman zombie they might as well have gone the whole nine yards and caked make-up on everyone's face and told a better story. They also could have shown us just what happened to that dead woman upstairs and just exactly who she was. As it was we have a bunch of "new" scenes of zombies walking that if anything took away from the film. These were the types of scenes that editors leave on the cutting room floor because it makes the film drag. The coup de grace for me was when that dead family revived from that wrecked car. The ghouls that pass by proceed to devour the father. When they pulled his head from the piece of wood it looked like an empty eggshell, so fake. Yes many things about this film make me clinically ill. These men obviously have no talent and owe their entire standing in the business to GAR.

Undisclosed
    Simply put The Remake Was horrible
    "looks like God left the phone off the Hook"

Super Moderator

Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy

The original, cemetry Zombie...

bill in his 30th anniversary role...
    I literally destroyed the copy of Night 30th after the first viewing.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiekllr
    Simply put The Remake Was horrible
    It's technically not a remake, though.....is it? I consider "Night90" to be the remake of "Night". This is just another in a long line of attempts at screwing Romero over and trying to improve upon an already great film. Go figure.

Didn't the guy that had a hand in "Return of the Living Dead" also have something to do with this? That makes sense to me....both are crap.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    When I was on the set of LAND one of the guys from Anchor Bay who is close to Romero was there that night and we talked about the 30th Anniversary edition. Anchor Bay laid out $300,000 for the new scenes to be filmed and added to the movie and when they got the finished cut they cringed which is why it's DVD release was kept so quiet.

I went out and bought expecting it to be something awesome and out of all the new footage the only added scene I liked was the zombies walking up on that car crashed into the tree. (The crash it self was bad) However, the zombies walking up on it in both wide shots was awesome.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Banned User

United States
    To be honest when I saw this pile of crap extra footage, and I could only stomach it once , I instantly wanted to drag those responsible out back and kick the sh** out of them.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    okay i didnt know about this till very recently, around april i was goign to buy a psp cus i couldnt afford a 360 but i ended up getting one later cus all the stores were out of stock and in pc world (satan incarnate!!! ) i found the box set "trilogy of the dead" which included document of the dead an all that jazz.
    so i watch dawn first, naturally, then day cus theres only so many times you can whatch night knowing bens effots are futile right?

so a few weeks back i finally decide to shove it in my 360 and watch it ,my moms reading the paper but has to look up to see me sitting foward saying "what the hell....?" cus im seeing a black and white but obviously amatuer film about someone who just got the chair or something.
    so i lean forward and look at the box, yep this should be night of the living dead, but where the frigg is the cemetary scene? and weres this preist come from he looks like that ****er from the matrix and daredevil?!?
    ....4 minutes later..."oh my god is that the fat one from redneck zombies?" (ah like mah sat-e-lite t-v) and the acting is so poor ,then the real film starts up, so i go back to the menu and check out the extras and i get treated to some fat bastard who thinks hes too cool for school sweatin' and struggleing to breath explaining how theyve improved on night of the living dead....

YOU CANT ****ING IMPROVE ON CINEMA ASSHOLES, THATS LIKE ADDING SOME ACTUAL TRAINSPOTTING TO TRAINSPOTTING, ****~!

i hate this movie so mutch compared to the true night of the living dead and i honestly believe the assenine **** who thought is was a good idea is going to hell AND he has to be THE most hated person by the people of this forum.

why george, why?

Undisclosed
    This movie made me so pissed.

GAR did not have anything to do with it, however. All Russo and Hinzman.

Australia
    this was the first time i saw notld 68 thankfully i watched the normal version first although does it have the original sound track or the new crap one? then i watched it again with the extra footage and it made me feel murderous
    Last edited by Rolfus; 31-Aug-2006 at 12:21 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Thumbs down

it has the crappy new one unfortunately.

Just been bitten TheWalkingDude's Avatar

Undisclosed
    It was such a rip off.
    Member of the Pittsburgh Pimp Squad....... Playersssssssss Pimpin Aint Easyyyyyyyy

United States
    What the ****? That's the cemetary zombie at the beginning of 30th anniversay?

When I watched it I thought it was like... A different zombie and they were trying to show that the outbreak happened spontaneously to multiple people... They look nothing-a-****ing-like.

Therefore making me even angrier.

Now I fully see the rage behind the 30th anniversary addition, as I didn't before, aside from the whole "trying to make the outbreak look like it had ended in Night" thing.

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007