Thread: For you DAWN 2004 Fans - Memory Lane Time

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

For you DAWN 2004 Fans - Memory Lane Time

Before I changed my website over to become the official website for DEADLANDS I had a lot of zombie stuff from DAWN 2004 and LAND of the DEAD on the website.

One year ago I took these pages off from the main site, but they are still intact. if you feel like a memory lanne walk through the making of DAWN 2004 just click below

http://www.playingwithdeadthings.com...eDead2004.html
    and
    http://www.playingwithdeadthings.com/DawnoftheDead.html

This page includes the video I did while at the World Premiere in LA.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 28-Aug-2006 at 10:28 PM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

"Hey look ma! I'm in da movies! dar har har."

Sorry....couldn't resist.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post

Quote borrowed from the recent Domino's Pizza two-for-one commercial,

"Now that's what I'm talkin' about!"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Thanks for the links dj. I know we're in the minority here in liking this film. It would be cool just to have a thread so that we could talk about it. Some nice pics from the set as well.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    Stupidest thing about this photo is how he has a M249 SAW strapped to his back, in addition to the M4 carbine w/ M203 grenade launcher. All he needs is a radio and he can be his own little fireteam. So Hollywood.

For those that care, and Army fireteam is the smallest unit of soldiers that operate together. A four-man fireteam, typically all NCOs/enlisted is comprised of:
    1. Team leader w/ M4 carbine,
    2. Grenadier w/ M4 carbine + mounted M203 grenade launcher,
    3. Automatic Rifleman w/ M249 SAW (squad automatic weapon), and
    4. Rifleman/Radioman w/ M4 carbine and radio gear.

/p

Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post

United States
    Oh thats cool I really liked the movie poster with the white background...

I was really disappointed with the version of the DVD I bought with all this alleged 'extra' footage which was crap newsbits and 'andys last moments' and was suprised to see on IMDB that Allison Eastwood had most of her scenes cut from the final copy and was hoping to see 'em...
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    Oh thats cool I really liked the movie poster with the white background...

I was really disappointed with the version of the DVD I bought with all this alleged 'extra' footage which was crap newsbits and 'andys last moments' and was suprised to see on IMDB that Allison Eastwood had most of her scenes cut from the final copy and was hoping to see 'em...
    Atleast it was an attempt to flesh out andy and get some character development. I thought it was cool. It was something never really seen before. It gave us an idea of what was happening outside the group that the movie followed.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"