Thread: any one seen GAR season of the witch

Canada

any one seen GAR season of the witch

i found an old copy for sale at the video store and picked it up. i have watched it a few times but cant get into it as much as the other films.
    let me know what you think

ViP

United States
    What does the cover look like? Is it a dude in a mask or is it green with a lady's face on the cover?

Season of the Witch. I like the film, for what it tries to be. Much like other Romero films, it is up to the viewer to decide what is really going on. Is she casting spells, or is she just using the spells as rationale for her intentions. On that level, I enjoy the film. The song Season of the Witch by Donovan was a nice touch as well.

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish
    What does the cover look like? Is it a dude in a mask or is it green with a lady's face on the cover?

Season of the Witch. I like the film, for what it tries to be. Much like other Romero films, it is up to the viewer to decide what is really going on. Is she casting spells, or is she just using the spells as rationale for her intentions. On that level, I enjoy the film. The song Season of the Witch by Donovan was a nice touch as well.
    it has a dude in a mask on the cover.
    the donovan tune was a nice touch to the film, and i enjoyed the film as well just not as much as say "martin", "dawn" or what i'm watching now "day"

ViP

Undisclosed
    It's got heart ... but it's not that well made. I like what he was trying to get at though. George's stuff has an allure that I can't really explain, even when it doesn't turn out that great.

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Cereval
    It's got heart ... but it's not that well made. I like what he was trying to get at though. George's stuff has an allure that I can't really explain, even when it doesn't turn out that great.
    so true GAR movies do have a certian allure to them even his weaker pictures.
    his movies will forever pass the test of time because of this.

Lord Howe Island

yeah..I was puzzled--sort of..

It wasn't bad--it was definatly George...
    I watched twice-- the recent release with "There's Always Vanilla"...

not bad, but off of what I like--but who am I--my favorite George flick is Knightriders....

Canada
    i have never seen knightriders. i really want to but cant find it around here and i have been looking hard.

Super Moderator

UK
    It's definately not his best, but I really dig the early-GAR vibe - the editing, the cinematography, and there is one nightmare sequence in the movie that's flat out fantastic. Worth a look at least, but "The Crazies" was much better.

Canada
    watched it again last night and it kind of grew on me. better then i remember.
    that nightmare sequence is kick ass to