Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What GAR films have you seen on the BIG screen and how many times?

Never seen Night 68, only saw Dawn projected at the 03 Pitt Comicon, got to see Day at a drive-in in 85, Night 90 in the 2nd run theatre at the "dirt mall" once, and Land 3 times. My father saw Night 68 & Dawn on a double feature midnight movie in 79 (on 2 hits of orange sunshine), so when the fam got it's first VCR (82/83), Night & Dawn were the first VHS tapes we owned.

United States
    Sadly, none. No place around here tends to show old zombie movies on a regular basis and Land was one that I couldn't have gotten anybody to go with me.

Banned User

United States
    I saw land on the big screen but sadly that is the only one.

Undisclosed
    "Dawn": I'd guess about 10 or so times.

"Day": Just once (because what was shown in theaters over here was the heavily censored German version).

"Land": Three times.

Other, "non-Dead" Romero films I saw in theaters included "Creepshow" (three times, I believe) and "The Dark Half" (once, which was more than enough).
    "Add the Calgon!"

Canada
    i seen land 2 times, creepshow once, and monkey shines once.

United States
    Some of the members here have listed seeing some of the films at a convention. I don't really count seeing a dvd shown on an outdoor screen or a 16mm version(Dawn at the 03 Pitt comicon) as seeing them on the "big screen".
    I've seen 35mm prints of NIGHT 68 and CREEPSHOW at special midnight shows. I saw DAY three or four times when I was 14 in October of 1985 when it played my hometown of Savannah, GA. I also saw CREEPSHOW 2 and NIGHT 90 when they first were released. I saw a 35mm print of BRUISER at an art school in Chicago in 2000. And of course LAND several times as well.

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    Some of the members here have listed seeing some of the films at a convention. I don't really count seeing a dvd shown on an outdoor screen or a 16mm version(Dawn at the 03 Pitt comicon)
    I'd count that as a viewing since it was the Cannes Extended Edit. Was that ever screened other than Cannes?

A DVD screening, yeah I wouldn't count that.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    I'd count that as a viewing since it was the Cannes Extended Edit. Was that ever screened other than Cannes?
    That screen we watched it on was like one of those grade school portable screens. Same with the little projector. I don't count that viewing as being a big screen viewing. Big screen means a real movie theatre screen with a 35mm projector.

Super Moderator

UK
    Have only gotten to see one once: Land of the Dead, opening night here in the UK.