View Poll Results: If you had to rate the chances of there being a sequel/another dead film out of 5

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll

8 11.94%

8 11.94%

25 37.31%

15 22.39%

11 16.42%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chances of there being a sequel (or another dead film)?

ViP

Undisclosed

Factors and travesties ...

Having given it a 3, I say ...
    • As George is constantly saying, as long as he's standing he'll make another. And yet this is countered when he says that he has nothing to write about at the moment. If Universal calls for a sequel, it'll be continuation. I don't know how strong this will be though ...
    • The zombie film resurgance has already crested and is now on the downslope. This is when all the debris slide to the bottom of the pile (indie zombie films, unabashed cash-ins) and we begin to see a massive regurgitation (think post grunge music era - the bandwagon effect). Watered-down imitations and such. The chances that interested will wain is high because of this.
    • Given the nature of the industry, I forsee one possible scenario: George passes away before another film is made. There was, however, a script he completed or almost completed. They choose a likely and yet underserving candidate to helm the project (Eli Roth vs. John Carpenter), thus starting yet another fanboy war amongst the community. The movie is made, and we continue waving flags at each other in allegiance to our favorites.

Not very positive reflections, I know, but perhaps more likely than we'd all admit ...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I actually think John Carpenter would make a really great zombieflick, if someone gave him the funding. Just look at the Thing and then imagine that kind of atmosphere in a zombie film!

United States
    I think there's talk that Universal has picked up the option for a sequel to LOTD. It's really up to when GAr wants to start on it. The bad news part of this is that the film may be a DTV release.
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed
    I actually think John Carpenter would make a really great zombieflick, if someone gave him the funding. Just look at the Thing and then imagine that kind of atmosphere in a zombie film!
    Carpenter has unfortunately seemingly lost the "knack" of making good films... (IMHO)

Quote Originally Posted by Tullaryx
    The bad news part of this is that the film may be a DTV release.
    I got no problem with that... Romero's proved he doesn't need a big budget to make a good film...
    Last edited by Neil; 22-Mar-2006 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Carpenter's best work was any film before the start of the 1990's. After that he just seemed to be cashing it in. The same goes for Wes Craven.
    --- Batman

Being Attacked Zombieapocalypse's Avatar

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tullaryx
    Carpenter's best work was any film before the start of the 1990's. After that he just seemed to be cashing it in. The same goes for Wes Craven.
    Could not have said it better! Both made their classics before the 90's and it will remain that way I am sure.

Banned User

United States
    Yeah, but the same could be said for GAR--the last good movie he made was Day of the Dead (and even that's highly debatable).

I once read a bit in Fangoria that said that the best era for Horror was between 1978 and 1983....and that everything since then was either a sequel or a direct rip-off of something made in that era.

One way or the other, from 1983 on, it gets harder and harder to find quality horror flicks...with the low point being the entire decade of the 1990's.

Undisclosed
    I think you'd be surprised at the interest that Universal has shown in continuing the cast of LAND into another big budget film.
    LAND has done amazingly well across the world and everyone on board was super thrilled to do the film...wouldn't surprise me to see one within the next 2 years or so...
    The selling points could be :
    • The current cast line up of LAND is very likable
    • The fact that George has NEVER ( aside from Savini's Blades) continued with a group of characters in a dead film, which being a first would drum up an interest and pull in those who are fans of the LAND film.
    • The road to Canada would be an adventure in itself, if this were to be a direct sequel
    • A million and one plot ideas could be developed from the ending of LAND
    • It would be ANOTHER GAR Zombie film which would certainly be worth the price of admission and Universal could cash in simply from the loyalty of fans, sad but true, it's the one ugly part of Hollywood that makes these ideas possible. This is also the machine at work.

I could live with it an would even look forward to it.I've got tons of questions regarding Riley and crew's departure and what may happen while the group tries to reach their destination, where-ever that may be.
    designs-n-creations.com

Sometimes dead is better....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Svengoolie
    One way or the other, from 1983 on, it gets harder and harder to find quality horror flicks...with the low point being the entire decade of the 1990's.
    Oh, the 90's had its handful of classic horror with Dellamorte Dellamore, Dead Alive, and Audition are some prime examples.
    --- Batman

Banned User

United States
    Oh, the 90's had its handful of classic horror with Dellamorte Dellamore, Dead Alive, and Audition are some prime examples.
    I didn't say that there were NO good horror films in the 1990s...I only said that the by the 1990s the genre had hit a low point.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadCentral
    I think you'd be surprised at the interest that Universal has shown in continuing the cast of LAND into another big budget film.
    LAND has done amazingly well across the world and everyone on board was super thrilled to do the film...wouldn't surprise me to see one within the next 2 years or so...
    The selling points could be :
    • The current cast line up of LAND is very likable
    • The fact that George has NEVER ( aside from Savini's Blades) continued with a group of characters in a dead film, which being a first would drum up an interest and pull in those who are fans of the LAND film.
    • The road to Canada would be an adventure in itself, if this were to be a direct sequel
    • A million and one plot ideas could be developed from the ending of LAND
    • It would be ANOTHER GAR Zombie film which would certainly be worth the price of admission and Universal could cash in simply from the loyalty of fans, sad but true, it's the one ugly part of Hollywood that makes these ideas possible. This is also the machine at work.

I could live with it an would even look forward to it.I've got tons of questions regarding Riley and crew's departure and what may happen while the group tries to reach their destination, where-ever that may be.
    Let's have a 12 part TV series of it!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Being Attacked Zombieapocalypse's Avatar

Undisclosed
    WHAAAAAAAAAT No PUDDING?

What a fantastic film!

Undisclosed
    Don't know if it's been said, but G.A.R. has stated that if he did make another that he'd like to continue on with the characters from LOTD. I'm torn on this idea. While I did rather enjoy those characters it kinda falls outta synch with the rest of the series taking place in different places with different characters.
    Live and Drink and Die. Then Live and Drink AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    I went with a two. It is not beyond the realm of possibilities since the last film was somewhat successful but I would hope it would be something different. I don’t think the continued adventures of the Dead Reckoning and zombie evolution is going to do it, for me anyway.

Undisclosed
    I don't think so.Sorry.
    They're coming to get you Barbara!