View Poll Results: If you had to rate the chances of there being a sequel/another dead film out of 5

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll

8 11.94%

8 11.94%

25 37.31%

15 22.39%

11 16.42%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chances of there being a sequel (or another dead film)?

Norway
    I would hope so but I don't think so.

United Kingdom
    I voted 3, because I really have no idea either way -- but I'm not really bothered whether there's another one or not. To me, the original trilogy is what's important - Night, Dawn & Day.
    When there's no more room in Hell... the dead will walk the Earth...
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Visit The Realm of Horror Comics: www.realmofhorrorcomics.com
    Visit my "DAY OF THE DEAD" fansite: www.realmofhorrorcomics.com/dayofthedead/mains.htm
    Visit my "CREEPSHOW" fansite: www.realmofhorrorcomics.com/creepshow
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Cereval
    Having given it a 3, I say ...
    • As George is constantly saying, as long as he's standing he'll make another. And yet this is countered when he says that he has nothing to write about at the moment. If Universal calls for a sequel, it'll be continuation. I don't know how strong this will be though ...
    • The zombie film resurgance has already crested and is now on the downslope. This is when all the debris slide to the bottom of the pile (indie zombie films, unabashed cash-ins) and we begin to see a massive regurgitation (think post grunge music era - the bandwagon effect). Watered-down imitations and such. The chances that interested will wain is high because of this.
    • Given the nature of the industry, I forsee one possible scenario: George passes away before another film is made. There was, however, a script he completed or almost completed. They choose a likely and yet underserving candidate to helm the project (Eli Roth vs. John Carpenter), thus starting yet another fanboy war amongst the community. The movie is made, and we continue waving flags at each other in allegiance to our favorites.

Not very positive reflections, I know, but perhaps more likely than we'd all admit ...
    Dum Dum Dum Dum!!!!!! That's it right there folks! Reality in a nutshell!

I couldn't have come up with a better answer than that! I think Cereval has hit the nail righ ton the head here.

all we can do is hope, but as we all know how the wheels of hollywood turn, it may never happen!

My fingers are certainly crossed!
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

Undisclosed
    Hasn't George said that he has two more movies to add to the series? I can't remember where I heard it, but I think it was an interview.
    Camelot is a state of mind.

Undisclosed
    I think we'll see at least one more film in the dead universe made by George. I think I heard/read a rumor that there was a possibility of Anchor Bay financing it. I guess only time will tell!
    we've got spite and dedication as a vehement brew
    the world hates us, well we hate them too
    but you're exempted of course if you
    come and join us
    independent, self-contented, revolutionary
    intellectual, brave, strong and scholarly
    if you're not one of them, you're us already so
    come and join us

Come Join Us - Bad Religion

ViP

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis
    Hasn't George said that he has two more movies to add to the series? I can't remember where I heard it, but I think it was an interview.
    In a few different interviews, I've heard him say he wants Land to be 4 of 6 and I've hearm him say 4 of 8. I don't think it was a definite thing - just a projection for what he feels about the series.

Undisclosed
    Hopefully we get atleast one more. This has nothing to do with this thread, or really anything at all, but I waited in line by you for the mall tour to start a few years ago.

In a few different interviews, I've heard him say he wants Land to be 4 of 6 and I've hearm him say 4 of 8. I don't think it was a definite thing - just a projection for what he feels about the series.

Undisclosed
    It's not entirely impossible that we could get two more films out of him in the "Dead" series. I would love to see at least two more "dead" related films. I would also love to see George make something of the same caliber as Martin or Knightriders as well!
    we've got spite and dedication as a vehement brew
    the world hates us, well we hate them too
    but you're exempted of course if you
    come and join us
    independent, self-contented, revolutionary
    intellectual, brave, strong and scholarly
    if you're not one of them, you're us already so
    come and join us

Come Join Us - Bad Religion

ViP

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis
    This has nothing to do with this thread, or really anything at all, but I waited in line by you for the mall tour to start a few years ago.
    Really? For the midnight tour? Were you with a friend?

Undisclosed
    Yeah, the late one where we had to sit there what seemed like forever. I was with a couple friends. I looked at your pics and I'm in a few of them. I'm the big, bald dude on the right of Ken in the pictures where he was in front of JCP. I also met jscott that day, but I didn't know it was him until we talked about it on-line.

Really? For the midnight tour? Were you with a friend?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRA1138
    It's not entirely impossible that we could get two more films out of him in the "Dead" series. I would love to see at least two more "dead" related films. I would also love to see George make something of the same caliber as Martin or Knightriders as well!
    Although it probably wont happen, I wouldn't use the words "entirely impossible". He's probably got time to give us one more. Hell, because "Land" was a decent success, he could possibly talk the studio into letting him film two more films back-to-back. He did say we wanted to top off the series with two more.

Banned User

United States
    Personally, I think it's lack of box office success in the United States will keep it from getting a sequel more than anything.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well, according to Romero they have already offered him the chance to do another film but he turned it down until the time is right. True, it didn't do as some hoped at the box office in the U.S. but it did great over seas and on DVD.

So basically, it's pretty much resting on the shoulders of Romero and whether or not he's inspired by something going on in the world. When that happens, we'll see another one.

Banned User

United States
    Where'd he say that?

Personally, I'm skeptical....although it might be true that they offered to give him another chance, but with a greatly reduced budget--the way ol' Tricky Dick Rubenstein did back in the 90s.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I remember reading it in some article around here a while back. I can't find it but someone had posted it(before you were around) and it basically said that he had the support to do another because Land was successful and the DVDs were "flying off shelves", but he was holding out until he had some sort of inspiration from the government/world/etc.