View Poll Results: If you had to rate the chances of there being a sequel/another dead film out of 5

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll

8 11.94%

8 11.94%

25 37.31%

15 22.39%

11 16.42%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chances of there being a sequel (or another dead film)?

Administrator

England

Chances of there being a sequel (or another dead film)?

If you had to rate the chances of there being a sequel/another dead film out of 5 (1 being not a hope, 5 being almost certainly)?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    4, more then likely but you never know for sure.

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

Canada
    uhhh...I'd go for a 3. I think it did well enough at the box office to warrant a sequel, but who knows?

ViP

United States
    There are several factors.

1. Romero's age
    2. Zombie Films are In
    3. Romero's is averaging one film every 3 years since 1968
    4. Land made money

I gave it a 3. I imagine that Romero's phone is ringing again, so he may get caught up in another flick soon. If his average holds true, he should begin filming something soon, something that would be released in 2008. If that film isn't a zombie film then that hurts the chances. Zombie films could be out by the time he finishes. Land did make a profit. The sequel, if budgeted properly, could be a nice money maker again, no matter when released. Romero's DVD sales have been great too.

I'm not sure where I stand on the issue. I'm not sure if I want to see another film about the crew of Dead Reckoning, so perhaps if it waited a few years, that'd be best.

United States
    I think there's a good chance this sucker is gonna be made. There's talk that Rogue Pictures (Universal's Indie film wing) might carry this movie.

So0o0o0o it's just a matter of time for the money to be right.

United States
    I gave it a two. I dunno, I just don't see it happen. But then again, Romero could work a miracle.

United States
    what would it be called anyway? Roadtrip of the Dead?

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

Canada
    I voted a 4. I liked the 4th installment, and I really think that they could add-on to the 4th but also to the whole trilogy. Maybe not so open as much like Assasin said in another post, Land was more open, in the first 3 films all the characters were in hiding and we didn't see to much of the outside world. I think thats one of the key parts in an apocolyptic film, and what makes it work really well.
    "I like swinging my sword in battle" - Guts (Berserk)

"Your one, big, ugly, mother fu*ker" - Danny Glover

United States
    Hell, Neil, if you recall back when you first started this message board, the big topic of discussion was if GAR would EVER make another Dead film. The opinions then were either "No way" or "I hope so".

I was, back then, quite confident that there would be another film. It took 8 years but now we have Land to add to our collections.

My current prediction is yes, there will be another installment to the Dead series. It will probably be a sequal to Land of the Dead, but as Pete said in Dawn: "You never know." GAR may set the film in his "new" vision of the world with the same characters, or he may go off in another direction with it.

Yes, there will be another zombie movie written and directed by George (the grinner) A. Romero.

We can only hope that he says to Hell with all the directors guilds and unions and gets back to his indy roots and makes this one the way he made Night, Martin, Crazies, Dawn, Knightriders and Day.

-stray-

Undisclosed
    Well there's been talk of a sequel and a low budget series of zombie films so chances are hopefully good, they seem to be looking to get them made at least.
    After finally getting to see Land and really enjoying it I certainly hope this isn't it for Romero's Dead films.

Banned User

United States
    I really doubt that george will make another movie. Land was rather boring compared to his other movies. I do not think its Georges fault. It was probably Universals. I am sure we will see more remakes of his movies.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I give it a 4. I read some news somewhere of George A. Romero discussing a direct sequel to Land of the Dead (With the old cast reprising their roles), and several other ideas. One thing he was discussing with Universal was a direct-to-DVD franchise of zombie flicks (he would only produce, I guess), and a TV series!

I'd rather let the Dead series die (Land was a fitting end) and have Romero produce a TV-series that focused on great plot and characters.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    To be honest I voted a one. I really think zombies films are on the way out of the mainstream... Too many too fast

DAWN04
    House Of the Dead
    Rotld 4 & 5
    house of the Dead 2
    Shaun

Not too mention a slew of indie stuff.

I think if we get one it will be direct to video. I think you all have a better chance of seeing something from Cereval, Axlish, Dawg and Cykotic before another Romero dead film sees the light of day.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Banned User

United States
    Personally, I gave it a two--I think that the possibilties of GAR getting the chance to do another one are remote in the extreme, but not completely impossible.

While there may very well have been talk about a sequel, direct to video or otherwise, and a tv series....over the years, GAR has been attatched to alot of projects that never went anywhere. At this point, that's exactly where any of that's at right now--in the "maybe" stage...along with about another two dozen or so GAR projects that never got off the ground in the past 35 years.

And, like Dj said--there's been a glut of these types of films over the past couple of years, and while Land did in fact make money, it didn't do very well in the United States, and that's what the studio execs will be looking at when it comes time to talk about cutting GAR another check.

I think that Dawn '04 probably has a better chance of getting a sequel.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    If they do a sequel... It won't be for at least 3-4 years. However, i wouldn't hold my breath. I did read an interview where they did say any sequel would probably be direct to video under the Rogue label.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*