Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dawn 04 directors cut.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah i take the piss only cus it tries to be dawn but it aint that bad i just dont see how they can improve too mutch, like i said the first 20 mins were great but then it just sorta dragged on.

and i actually liked running zombies, but to be fair i consider 28 days later ragers as zombies so im one of a small group of fans ....though not as small as the flying zombie fans

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    FLYING ZOMBIES RULE. I promise DEADLANDS 2 will have all zombies represented... Including Flying zombies.

In all seriousness, DAWN 04 is a cool movie, not really a horror film so to speak, but it works no matter what. Oh, and hellsing? I think 28 days later's infected are ZOMBIES too.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    DAMN STRAIGHT! *high fives dj*

Super Moderator

UK
    Indeedily-doo, the extended cut is my favourite, the extra flesh on the bone really makes it a much fuller experience. And yep, that release was cut in the UK when released in 1997 (when the BBFC still had a major stick up their butt before the 1999 change in management), so the head exploding is gone, as well as one of the bites on the black woman in the tenement (trimmed) and the kids being shot in the landing strip building was significantly cut short.

Now I've got the Ultimate Edition DVD (Region 1) and it's freakin' awesome. Three cuts of the movie (including my favourite - first version I saw as well - extended cut) and a disc of bonus features, noiiice. And 3 commentaries, two of which I listened to, I've got no interest in hearing Richard-bastard-Rubenstein's commentary, that greasy little sh*t...GAR's and especially the cast commentary are great.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakobsa View Post
    Okay, I really enjoyed Dawn 04 and bought the dvd as soon as it came out.
    just wanted to know if the directors cut is worth getting and what are the main differences with the original dvd cut.
    I bought the directors cut only, so i cant remember how the theatrical version went, but it was definatly a lot gorrier than when I had seen it in the theater that I can remember. I would say to go for it, and to pawn off your old copy on someone else.

capncnut

Theatrical cut, every time!

At the end of the day, the theatrical cut was the one I 'sort-of' enjoyed at the cinema so the director's cut is a bit of a no-go for me personally. Although I own it personally, I always go for the theatrical as it's the original vision. Not that dissimilar to the 1978 Dawn really, I always thought the theatrical cut was better than the director's.
    Last edited by capncnut; 14-Oct-2006 at 11:18 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnSpaulding View Post
    At the end of the day, the theatrical cut was the one I enjoyed at the cinema so the director's cut is a bit of a no-go for me personally. Although I own it personally, I always go for the theatrical as it's the original vision. Not that dissimilar to the 1978 Dawn really, I always thought the theatrical cut was better than the director's. Cool Schopenhauer quote.
    Nah, the Director's Cut is the "original vision." The Theatrical Cut misses the pieces that the director chose to cut or was forced to cut