Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World of Rot

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    well i gotta say so far its a noble effort but after playing it its impossible to lay i get the simple controls but the zombies instantly respawn and you allwasy surrounded by one at each point n.s.e.w and they attack you till you respawn at the start losing all xp and in a second there on you again, what a zombie game needs is ways to not get into fights and like stuff to climb up on and since its online other people could group and attack them to helpyou and stuff, but since its only beta id let it slide, and on that note how did you make the characters cus ive been trying to find a program to make 2d sprites ofr a game i wanna make but i cant find anything.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    well i gotta say so far its a noble effort but after playing it its impossible to lay i get the simple controls but the zombies instantly respawn and you allwasy surrounded by one at each point n.s.e.w and they attack you till you respawn at the start losing all xp and in a second there on you again, what a zombie game needs is ways to not get into fights and like stuff to climb up on and since its online other people could group and attack them to helpyou and stuff, but since its only beta id let it slide, and on that note how did you make the characters cus ive been trying to find a program to make 2d sprites ofr a game i wanna make but i cant find anything.

Oh yeah I was hoping this wouldnt be a turn off to some people. This is just a demo but we wanted action in it. In the full version and Beta, most likely next release actually, there will be "safe" towns with guards positioned around them so you dont have to worry about being attacked when in them. Im mostly using photoshop for the sprites, if you google sprite sheets you can find a ton to use.

thanks for testing guys, it was valuable info for us. Servers down to the public for now we will put it up later this week or on the weekend. By that time you will all need to download the new client, but Im hoping to have an update program in it this time so after that youll just need to update your client before connecting and wont have to redownload the whole thing everytime.

New image

Last edited by loktar; 06-Sep-2006 at 04:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Servers will be up again tommorow night !!! Sept 9th. Not sure at exactly what time, but were working our butts off to have some more playable for you guys (and gals).

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Ok the long wait is FINALLY over. Alpha release part 2 is released. DO NOT USE THE OLD CLIENT TO CONNECT download the new client at

www.worldofrot.com/NewClient.zip

It includes an updater program as well (worldofrot.exe) so for future use you wont have to redownload all of this. Run the file in the RUN ME FIRST directory or the game will not work. If you still receive an error it will say its missing an OCX please post what it is and I will get a link for you to download it and you will then need to put it in system32

Enjoy!

There are more than 2 maps by the way so search search search!

Alpha testing over, don't know if anyone here got a chance to join in but it was fun! Well be doing it again between October 1st and the 11th sometime in there.
    Last edited by loktar; 12-Sep-2006 at 03:43 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    anyone else tried this besides me?

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I tried it way back then when he last posted it. It was so buggy and frustrating that I stopped after roughly 5 minutes. It could be good if the zombies didn't move as fast as your character and if they didn't take like 20 shots to kill. Getting surrounded by 4 of them can really just be lame.