Thread: the movie UNDEAD..... who saw it?

United States

the movie UNDEAD..... who saw it?

hey guys, i tryed to find this movie in the search but undead was too vague. who's seen it?? good thing i wasn't expecting a serious movie. it had funny parts and i laughed. but then (possible spoilers) the aliens and floating people, uhhh it was a lot to take. aside from everything else. sorry i just watched it and am like

Undisclosed

Undead..

I saw the movie roughly three years ago; impressive work for a small time crew, working off of home computers using off-the-shelf editing software. The acting wasn't necessarily top-shelf, but the effort was phenomenal. Every scene, you could see the work they put into making the best of their scant financing, from the scenery to the effects, they made a movie which in my opinion, was a Hell of a lot better than the crap hurled at the screen.

C'mon: take a look at the same year, different countries' output.
    2Fast2Furious?
    Darkness Falls?
    Gothika?

Meanwhile, you've got the indie flicks who can pull off the improbable, and make a better damned movie:
    Highwaymen
    High Tension
    House of 1000 Corpses

And those are just the 'H' titles released in 2003.
    Or, alternately, there's always unwatchable crap somewhere onscreen.

Angry312; I Read 'Rebel Without a Crew'.

United States
    Haha, I thought it was pretty funny... It just sort of drug on for a while was the only problem.

The fish scene is priceless.

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    saw it loved it, it was just so different to anything else out there, with rain being the cure very war of the worlds. and the effects were the ****.
    the end was cool becuase it seemed like a geniune ending with a twist wereas hollywood would use that ending to make a needless sequel, plus the titles music is as wierd and memorable as dawn of the deads OST.

if you aint seen it chekc it out, though look up the official site and its nothing like the atmopshere of the film.

heres my view shaun is like romeros films, but undead is more akin to buffy the vampire slayer...ish.

and the only thing ive seen thats aid on the case "like shaun of the dead" that i liked.

heres the trailer, can a mod embed this it never works on this forum for me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrVhWpFnT5o

Atlanta, GA -- right smack in the middle of the Walking Dead apocalypse
    Undisclosed
    I really liked this film, too.

The estimated budget was AUD 1,000,000 -- which is NOTHING for a film of this scope. I work in the industry and I've watched the film a few times just to checkout the effects over and over. These guys did an amazing job with the equipment they had (if the stories are true). I heard there were times that they were taking an hour a frame for rendering time -- only to have the render crash at 59-minutes-plus. That's love and patience in my book.

I know some didn't like the storyline as much as I did, but I'm a fan of twists on the same-old-same-old plot, and these guys sure pulled that off (even though you think it's a formula movie in the beginning).

Thanks for bringing up Undead. I think everyone should give it a look-see, just because they made magic happen for so little. Not to mention, the fish scene. Frickin' brilliant.

...oh, and the shotgun. Triple-frickin' brillianter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dr. Foster: You're not running a talk show here, Mr. Berman! You can forget pitching an audience the moral bu11sh*t they want to hear!

http://deadandhungry.vox.com/

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i just watched this in an all day zombie marathon with my freinds and i gotta say if you aint seen it check it out it rocks, i love how they chose action music instead of horror that really made a lot of difference in my book.

Undisclosed
    I rented it one day on pay per view.. I enjoyed it, corny, lame , and funny as hell in parts, just by the pure corny-ness. Good film to see on a rainy saturday with nothing better to do....
    designs-n-creations.com

Sometimes dead is better....

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadCentral View Post
    I rented it one day on pay per view.. I enjoyed it, corny, lame , and funny as hell in parts, just by the pure corny-ness.
    case in point one guy called marion has his gun taken off him, they take there clothes off cus of the rain and hes naked except for a hat ,then when the get dressed and zombies break in he reaches behind him heaves a little and pulls out 2 pistols and they go "where the bladdy hell you bin hiding them?"

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    I knew alot of people here would like that one!

I'll admit it was a good effort, but I think it could've been focused better.

I like gritty realism, and this had none.

I know people will disagree, but IMO it was made for zombie traditionalists, which in light of that had a surprise ending.

I don't see the brilliance in that quad 12 ga. monster.
    Waaaaaaayyyyy too heavy for someone to plausibly haul around, especially with having to tote around the ammo to keep it functional.
    And the character that toted it was a total Hugh Jackman wannabe but never gonna be.

I guess if realism is of absolutely no concern to you, then this movie is right up your alley.
    But realism is a major issue for me.

The effects were decent for what it was, but we all know good effex don't make a bad movie good.

So I'd have to say 10 hands of all thumbs, DOWN.

United States
    Ya I will say I liked this movie, not one of my fav's but it was good just the same. Just plain and simple lol I liked the movie not love but like it's a good one to watch when ya are having a boring day or evening! If you get the chance watch it!

United States
    It's in my collection - (next to Children Shouldn't Paly With Dead Things)
    I enjoyed it....it adds a nice twist to the genre...and has some really good ozzie humor.