Thread: "house of the dead 2:dead aim", were did this come from?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

"house of the dead 2:dead aim", were did this come from?

appparently a sequel to that god aweful movie was released straight to dvd in feburary, i didnt know so odds are a few of you didnt either, anyone seen this?...if you havent dont worry its uwe boll free but apparently he :did not direct this film, although he wished the crew "good luck."

heres a review:

http://tarstarkas.net/index.php?opti...=304&Itemid=46

and sid haig played curien, now im a long time fan of the games i even bought the steaming vomitpile that is house 3 to get house 2 on my xbox, is this as bad as the uwe "why dont you like me?"boll steaming turd prequel?

hey 1800th post....hey mods what comes after 'twitching'?

EDIT: heh, type uwe boll in google and found this:

Posted by: al at October 24, 2005 11:12 PM

Uwe Boll is hands down the worst ****ing director ever. This guy sucks ass on a godly level. He ruins everything he touches. He destroyed house of the dead, alone of the dark absolutly solidified Christain Slater as a retard and he'll be lucky to clean **** out of a backed up toilet in a gas station. Thank christ he isnt doing Halo, and I hope he keeps his downsyndrom hands off of Mortal Kombat. Far cry was a great game, but now it will be marred in a vomit filled bucket because this german scat fecal freak will direct the movie. I hope this ass hat gets hit by a comet. HE SHOULD NOT MAKE MOVIES>>>OR MOVIES ABOUT VIDEO GAMES>>>OR BREATH
    Last edited by Danny; 06-Sep-2006 at 08:28 AM.

United States
    I actually never saw House of the Dead (Thank God, apparently).

I didn't care too much for House of the Dead 2 though... Although I suppose it could be alright... Just a lot of bad acting and badly thought out zombies at times... Apparently it's not as bad as the first one, but I still hated it.

Yea... I caught it on sci-fi one night and watched it with my buddy... He liked it, but then again sometimes I wonder about his taste in movies (He liked the first House of the Dead, and judging from the slew of bad reviews out of here and IMDB I'll take those words).

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007

Banned User

United States
    Avoid this piece of #@$% at all costs. It is just as bad as the first. I caught the first thirty minutes on sci-fi and turned it off. Enough said.

ViP

United States
    If you are going to watch HouseOTD2 then you should rent the DVD that includes all of the gore. I found pretty enjoyable with some decent scares. The worst part of the movie is the very beginning with Sid Haig and it is due to his uninspired acting, and I am a fan of his. Uwe had nothing to do with this sequel and it is much better for it.

Just been bitten TheWalkingDude's Avatar

Undisclosed
    Only took 15 min of it on Sci Fi for me to switch channels...If i remember right i think i watched spongebob instead lol
    Member of the Pittsburgh Pimp Squad....... Playersssssssss Pimpin Aint Easyyyyyyyy

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    the same with me and the uber ****ty catwoman i saw the other day.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    well even though the first one was pretty crappy it was a million times better than the sequel IMO. I really hated dead aim, the acting was far worse than in the original the story was even crappier (if that's even possible) and the effects were a joke. The character did totally unneeded and pointless things like that bloody vent scene.
    At least the first one had a few "good" action scenes, the second didn't have one redeeming feature, it didn't even have a single good scene!
    Oh and the missile strike at the end was laughable, it was meant to be a cruise missile and it did about as much damage as an ant fart.

United States
    axl is right, get the DVD with the gore...
    also, I like the the sequel a little more because it wasn't like watching some stupid, college, drinking flick. House of the Dead should be thrown in the trash along with Killer Klowns and Return of the Living Dead. I love cheese but, college kiddie horror movies give me an embarrassing feeling if I'm watching them.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah like watching american pie for the first time with your parents in the room

Undisclosed
    I'm still trying to figure out why a game company would license out their material to incompatent cretins. Wouldn't that hurt game sales? The actual games were almost x-files like, except (obviously) with more action. Conspiracy theories, people bending science to their will, cout de etat's, etc. Not saying it's a truly inspired story, but would be nice to see more movies based more closely on their source material. Silent Hill is definately the hands down winner of doing just that (though I think it was actually co-produced by Konami or something of that nature, so that would explain it...) Again, if I was a game company, I'd at least send a team of reps that worked in someway on the original material to keep the studios in line. They obviously don't give a rats ass, for the most part, about the licenses they pimp around for their bottom line.

Shameless self promotion for something completely unrelated to zombies.

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hseiken View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out why a game company would license out their material to incompatent cretins. Wouldn't that hurt game sales? The actual games were almost x-files like, except (obviously) with more action. Conspiracy theories, people bending science to their will, cout de etat's, etc. Not saying it's a truly inspired story, but would be nice to see more movies based more closely on their source material. Silent Hill is definately the hands down winner of doing just that (though I think it was actually co-produced by Konami or something of that nature, so that would explain it...) Again, if I was a game company, I'd at least send a team of reps that worked in someway on the original material to keep the studios in line. They obviously don't give a rats ass, for the most part, about the licenses they pimp around for their bottom line.
    I can only assume that the major studios are only interested in securing the popular title, and hope that the name recognition alone will draw in the crowd. It worked for Resident Evil. If they were to follow the game, that'd cost money. They'd make out better if they hired a 13 year old for 100 bucks a day to play the game for them, and then help them with the storyline. Resident Evil proved to be such a popular concept, that they could F it up beyond recognition, and still make decent flicks. Silent Hill, the first 70 minutes were just like the game, which made for a visually stunning affair, but left me high and dry on the content.