Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Am Legend... *groan*

Haiti
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    A little bit more on it giving a of an insight into the film.

www.aintitcool.com/node/30152
    That sounds really bad, in fact it sounds so bad that those responsible should be beaten around the head with a copy of the original novel taped to a Louisville slugger,and the Fresh Prince of Bell end needs a clip round one of his huge lugs.
    The reasoning man who scorns the prejudices of simpletons necessarily becomes the enemy of simpletons; he must expect as much, and laugh at the inevitable.
    Marquis De Sade.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    A little bit more on it giving a of an insight into the film.

www.aintitcool.com/node/30152
    I am holding out hope for Wil Smith I loved him in "Independence Day" and "I Robot" its real real real if-y on I Legend..forgive me my fav Vincent Price King of all Horror!!! and of course GAR!!!
    Let's just say I am very hopeful...I saw "The Last Man on Earth" as a child and I would have to say between NOTLD and it they were the two most scariest movies I have yet to see!!!
    OOh Neil , wowww I didnt know you were one of the authors here I think I read The Midas Touch I cant remember I have read quite a few and have enjoyed reading them all!!! I will have to reread it again cause now I know the author. lol

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Maitreya View Post
    No way, you wrote the Midas Touch? I loved that story, the Jason idea was really really cool.
    Glad you enjoyed it... Just wish:-
    (a) I had more time to finish it - In the end I just tied up the loose ends to get it done. You can spot certain areas of the story are rushed.... Not enough free time
    (b) Had time to write the sequel that's been in my head ever since finishing the original
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    More news...

www.aintitcool.com/node/30202

This is funny

4) It appears Will Smith is making another dumb action film of a
    classic genre story. Oh well.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Fiji
    on a certain level i really want to see this now. it's going to be so abyssmal.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by p2501 View Post
    on a certain level i really want to see this now. it's going to be so abyssmal.
    I know what you mean..I too want to see it..its a new look at it..I am still hoping Will Smiths stardom doesnt get in the way or his humor! Oh dear my hope is fading after saying about his humor . I will see like everyone else will loll...are you Neil? lol

Administrator

England
    Some quite gruesome bodies

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31103
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    I would point out Duane Jones' performance in NOTLD about how to be an actor whos black rather than a black actor. Contantly saying all the "urban" b boy stuff is stupid and ruins much of his films.
    He is a MILLION times better than Tom Cruise,whom they jammed into everything for years and Will SMith is a btter actor than Keanu (the other 3 choices for this kind of Hollywood film). I actually really liked I Robot. Sure its not Asimov but it looked really good. For a mainstream "hero" type, Will Smith can be good. though he could definately be better.
    Im going to see I am Legend. If I have very low expectations I cant be dissapointed
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i bought the latest issue of empire yesterday (hey it had optimus prime on the cover how could i not? ) and theres a will smith interview and from what i hear i am legend sounds actually not that bad, theyve cleared areas in new york like 5th avenue to film, apparently there aiming at making it a u.s version of 28 days later.

which actually sounds better than 28 weeks later i gotta say.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i bought the latest issue of empire yesterday (hey it had optimus prime on the cover how could i not? ) and theres a will smith interview and from what i hear i am legend sounds actually not that bad, theyve cleared areas in new york like 5th avenue to film, apparently there aiming at making it a u.s version of 28 days later.

which actually sounds better than 28 weeks later i gotta say.
    It needs to be bleak and dark... Initial thoughts of a Will Smith production don't lend itself to this though - ie: We'er expectnig wise cracks etc... Hopefully we'll be proved wrong!
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah he can be a wise ass but even in his fresh prince days he could do some serious acting, like that one were he got shot and then his cousin bought a gun, so im kinda rethinking this and i think hed do a better job at this than tom cruise's crazy ass, for example.

Undisclosed
    Really don't know about this one. I was trying to get on this show, but then they sh*tcanned the whole makeup FX operation, shut down for a bit (a "scheduled break" my ass") and decided to go totally CGI. Urf. Actually, I would have some doubt's about those bodies in the pics on AICN being in there. I 'spect those might be from the pre "the suits take too long to put on" shooting.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    yeah he can be a wise ass but even in his fresh prince days he could do some serious acting, like that one were he got shot and then his cousin bought a gun, so im kinda rethinking this and i think hed do a better job at this than tom cruise's crazy ass, for example.
    I agree... But unfortunately he's not the one producing the movie. He's been employed to fullfil someone elses image. Now as long as the producers are thinking "serious Will Smith" and not "wise cracking Will Smith", great!

Not sure why Cruise has entered this discussion but I suggest you get off the silly Tom Cruise bashing bandwagon at the next stop... He's more than proven himself a better actor than Will Smith (thus far)...

Personally I'd rather see Cruise than Smith in the role (I think)... But neither is perfect... Ideally, I'd rather see someone less main stream and more Joe average...

Hopefully Smith can pull something out of the bag and really suprise us!
    -Carl Sagan

Dying

Undisclosed

I like Will Smith

I mean he's had his share of clunkers (Wild Wild West, I Robot, kind of Armageddon (which I shamefully like as popcorn). But he's also made Six Degrees of Separation, Where the Day Takes You (a favorite), Men in Black and I've heard that Pursuit of Happyness is really good. I work on Wall Street and know some people that know the guy that its based on and Smith did his homework. They say if anything, he toned the story down.

I have high hopes for I Am Legend. I've read the original story that it was based on and it wasn't that great a story. Good setup (end of the world, one man against the mutated survivors) but its been done better (The Stand, Planet of the Vampires, even Planet of the Apes to a certain degree). It would not have seemed to warrant 3 remakes but I'll be in line waiting for my tickets!

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    2 things
    )1 how can you not get something for your money out of a reported
    ƒ150,000,000 movie yes Americans thats $300 MILLION?

)2 Robert Neville = Terrible Novel

I have made the promise to my self to walk out of the movie if Smith's Neville
    responds to the mut-pires siege machine fireball into his house(if there are any similar scene same deal) with a big
    "Oh No you DIDN'T!"
    fir watt its wirth.

Edit
    so now it's 28 days later with this only happening in manhattan
    no more spoilers for me
    Last edited by Bongholio; 14-Jan-2007 at 09:56 AM.