Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Official Jericho Thread (Spoiler Warning)

Super Moderator

Germany

The Official Jericho Thread (Spoiler Warning)

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/jericho/

This is a new show on CBS about a small town cut off from the rest of the world during a nuclear crisis.

This may be fun for the end of the world fans like us.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    hey nice find i hope fx picks it up or sky one so we can se it over here, looks like the best american show since carnivale'

United States
    I saw a commercial for Jericho the other night - it looks like it could be pretty good.
    I'm also looking forward to one on NBC called Heroes - http://www.nbc.com/NBC_First_Look/Heroes/

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    what like a 4400 style show or more like a superhero kinda drama like smallville, on the note of these kinda shows what happened to threshold?, that was much better than the 4400.

oh and since i allwasy like to give something back im gonna suggest a british drama like this which is all gritty and dramatic but surprisingly for a british series high production values like 28 days later,
    its called "the last train" and its about a group of people on a train, no duh, that crashes in a tunnel and a woman on the train was heading to a bomb shelter, cus a meteor was gonna hit england and she was gonna freeze herslef, but the canister craks in the crash and freezes them for a few decades and when they thaw britain is nothing but overgrown rubble...

needless to say it kicks ass its probably on youtube or something i suggest looking it up.

heres the wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Train
    Last edited by Danny; 08-Sep-2006 at 04:06 AM.

Just been bitten TheWalkingDude's Avatar

Undisclosed
    Well i know i will check it out and see if its any good like the previews
    Member of the Pittsburgh Pimp Squad....... Playersssssssss Pimpin Aint Easyyyyyyyy

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    what like a 4400 style show or more like a superhero kinda drama like smallville, on the note of these kinda shows what happened to threshold?, that was much better than the 4400.

oh and since i allwasy like to give something back im gonna suggest a british drama like this which is all gritty and dramatic but surprisingly for a british series high production values like 28 days later,
    its called "the last train" and its about a group of people on a train, no duh, that crashes in a tunnel and a woman on the train was heading to a bomb shelter, cus a meteor was gonna hit england and she was gonna freeze herslef, but the canister craks in the crash and freezes them for a few decades and when they thaw britain is nothing but overgrown rubble...

needless to say it kicks ass its probably on youtube or something i suggest looking it up.

heres the wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Train
    Sweet! I will check this out--I love Brit productions as a change of pace (Except some of your comedies--no offense).

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    i am going to watch this show although i know that it probably won't last too long. nothing good ever does on NBC, ABC, or CBS. major network shows are moron food for the masses.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Super Moderator

Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    i am going to watch this show although i know that it probably won't last too long. nothing good ever does on NBC, ABC, or CBS. major network shows are moron food for the masses.
    The only network show I really like is Lost. Currently Jericho is scheduled to premiere at 8pm Wednesday the 20th of September. If they move it to the 9pm slot against Lost then it will definitely fail.

United States
    anyone notice the trends of tv shows the past 2 years in this genre. they're very interconnected episode wise and all lead to some big revelation at the end of the season or start at the end of some crisis. it's an interesting concept but also at the same time, how long can you draw this stuff out? I liked the show Invasion but when the networks started with their holiday breaks and moving time slots I lost track of it and thus it was cancelled. I'm anxiously awaiting lost, hopefully the new shows this year will take some pages out of the Lost book and keep us intrigued week to week

Undisclosed
    I like the trend towards a story told with an arc rather than self contained episodes.

It makes a clear progression in the story when there is a beginning, middle and end to the story arc, and thus a more enjoyable program since you can draw things out over several episodes, make things more detailed, and not have to worry about wrapping up each little thing inside the alotted time.

It also opens up more what ifs than the self contained episode format.

You couldn't do a 24, or Prison Break with the conventional self contained episode format.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Thanks Kaos. Never heard anything about this show until you posted. Looks like it could be something good.

Canada
    looks like it could be good

Super Moderator

Germany
    Keep your eyes open folks. It is on this Wednesday at 8pm on CBS.

Fiji
    the screener is alvailable online i watched it last night. all and all the show starts out pretty good. it has some Lost-like elements. but i liked how clever it was in spots. all and all i reccomend it, but i'll give it 5-10 episodes to really hook me.

on the other hand i caught the screener for Kidnapped. it lost me after the first 5 minutes. it's trying to hard to be Man on Fire versus Ransom, without the writing to back it up.

though Eugene victor toombs was in it so i may DL some Eps to see if he reappears.

United States