Thread: American Werewolf in London and the Paris sequel

Banned User

United States

American Werewolf in London and the Paris sequel

I really enjoy these movies esp. the first. Now would you consider the undead haunting the werewolfs zombies or ghosts? They seem to have zombie qualities for you see them decomposing threw time but the fact they are invisible to everyone else suggests they are ghosts. Anyways, I think its neat how they combine werewolves and the undead together.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I see them as ghosts, definetly. Mostly because they act like ghosts, and there are really no set rules for how a ghost can look. So, yeah. They're ghosts to me.

Canada
    love the movies , and yes i think that they are ghosts also. good effects on the undead and a creepy flick (the first one ).

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jdog View Post
    love the movies , and yes i think that they are ghosts also. good effects on the undead and a creepy flick (the first one ).
    It was almost comical, how his buddy haunted him. And no CGI

Undisclosed
    I also veiw them as ghosts, or atleast his hauntings. If they were zombies, then they would be eating people, right?

Just been bitten TheWalkingDude's Avatar

Undisclosed
    They was Ghost.......
    Member of the Pittsburgh Pimp Squad....... Playersssssssss Pimpin Aint Easyyyyyyyy

United States
    wheres svens reply??? haha he loves AWIL. oh well, i loved it since i was a kid and it made me mad when paris came out cuz dumbarses thought it was original. kinda like seal singing fly like an eagle!

Banned User

United States
    Okay...here's my take--

I don't know.

Seriously--they were, by their own admission, "Undead". They were in an active state of decomposition, and it was cool to see Jack moulding away. And yet they were as coherent as you or I, no one but David could see or hear them, and they were able to appear and disappear before his very eyes.

This looks like a job for Mr Owl.

As for the flicks themselves, I thought that the original was one of the seminal points in the Werewolf subgenre....and along with Rob Bottin's lycanthropes in The Howling, featured some of the best werewolf SFX seen before or since. The story took the werewolf back to its four-legged roots, while putting a new spin on the whole "curse" angle with the undead following him around.

Also, the progressive make-ups for Jack were impressive, to say the least...and foreshadowed another Landis project that would forever up the ante for zombie make-ups from that point on--the Michael Jackson "Thriller" video.

Say what you will about the King of Pop, the zombies featured in that video became the new standard that all zombie make-ups had to follow from then on...and even GAR himself had to have Tom Savini match them (and ultimately top them) with Day of the Dead.

As for the sequel--you can keep it.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulcifan91 View Post
    I also veiw them as ghosts, or atleast his hauntings. If they were zombies, then they would be eating people, right?
    Ditto. They were ghosts. If they were zombies, everyone would be able to see them and the scene in the theatre would've been a buffet..

LC

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ghsots, deffo.

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Svengoolie View Post
    Okay...here's my take--

I don't know.

Seriously--they were, by their own admission, "Undead". They were in an active state of decomposition, and it was cool to see Jack moulding away. And yet they were as coherent as you or I, no one but David could see or hear them, and they were able to appear and disappear before his very eyes.

This looks like a job for Mr Owl.

As for the flicks themselves, I thought that the original was one of the seminal points in the Werewolf subgenre....and along with Rob Bottin's lycanthropes in The Howling, featured some of the best werewolf SFX seen before or since. The story took the werewolf back to its four-legged roots, while putting a new spin on the whole "curse" angle with the undead following him around.

Also, the progressive make-ups for Jack were impressive, to say the least...and foreshadowed another Landis project that would forever up the ante for zombie make-ups from that point on--the Michael Jackson "Thriller" video.

Say what you will about the King of Pop, the zombies featured in that video became the new standard that all zombie make-ups had to follow from then on...and even GAR himself had to have Tom Savini match them (and ultimately top them) with Day of the Dead.

As for the sequel--you can keep it.
    Ya! They do not seem to be ghosts or zombies but something inbetween. Ghosts do not walk around talking to you like best of friends talking about girls but they are invisible to everyone else but the one they are haunting like a ghost. Ghosts tend to not appear decomposing, they looked like a zombie in that aspect. So i suspect they are just the 'undead' and really can not be labeled as anything

Lord Howe Island

London rocked..Paris was rather dull..

Quote Originally Posted by HLS View Post
    I really enjoy these movies esp. the first. Now would you consider the undead haunting the werewolfs zombies or ghosts? They seem to have zombie qualities for you see them decomposing threw time but the fact they are invisible to everyone else suggests they are ghosts. Anyways, I think its neat how they combine werewolves and the undead together.

I hope this one is more akin to the first...

War to the knife...the knife to the hilt.
    The end is f*cking nigh!!!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    "London" is a classic. "Paris"....about as good as "Batman and Robin".

But yeah....ghosts.