Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Day of the Dead 2 Pics:

United States
    Hey, you all want conspiract theories...

DAY REMAKE SEQUEL TO DAY 2!?!?!?!

OR VICE VERSA!!!

*insert smiley ****ting himself*

England
    My god those pics look TERRIBLE
    Contagium written all over them.
    It just goes to show what little sense these people have if they don't realise that releasing pics like this will have a negative effect on the movie on the internet.

# shakes head #
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Those look like pics from DAY 2... I am almost positive on that. Hey DEADCENTRAL do you still have any of the crap Jim "Elmer Fudd" Dudelson sent us when we did the contagium site. I swaer those are pics from COntagium.
    I still have EVERYTHING!! and these new pics ar NOT encouraging.... now all I need to see is a Ryder van somewhere in the background and I'll know for sure that this is:
    a remake-of-the-sequel-that's-also-a-prequel-that-wound-up-an-unofficial-sequel-and-is-being-remade-so-it's-an-original-remake.

did you get all that??

I dunno...vegitarian zombies, 20 something cast, plotted to be a standalone rather than sequential, and now these lame-o pics of poorly done zombies in the SAME hospital setting as the worst Z film ever made ......it's a sad sad world ..... I don't think even Ving could bring this one to a respectable level.
    designs-n-creations.com

Sometimes dead is better....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadCentral View Post
    I still have EVERYTHING!! and these new pics ar NOT encouraging.... now all I need to see is a Ryder van somewhere in the background and I'll know for sure that this is:
    a remake-of-the-sequel-that's-also-a-prequel-that-wound-up-an-unofficial-sequel-and-is-being-remade-so-it's-an-original-remake.

did you get all that??

I dunno...vegitarian zombies, 20 something cast, plotted to be a standalone rather than sequential, and now these lame-o pics of poorly done zombies in the SAME hospital setting as the worst Z film ever made ......it's a sad sad world ..... I don't think even Ving could bring this one to a respectable level.
    Shows how good the original Day looked... Romero's Day was fantastically well produced really!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    We tend to pick apart Gar's dead films, in a loving way of course. For all their flaws and inconsistencies these next gen dead film makers seem hard pressed to do better. In my view that elevates gar's work even further.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Shows how good the original Day looked... Romero's Day was fantastically well produced really!
    Romero's Day of the Dead was genius!

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    We tend to pick apart Gar's dead films, in a loving way of course. For all their flaws and inconsistencies these next gen dead film makers seem hard pressed to do better. In my view that elevates gar's work even further.
    yes, because the "next gen dead film makers" fail. (I'm referring to the remakes, not the good ones with original plots that have been made - and there ARE a few of those floating around out there)
    Last edited by Adrenochrome; 12-Sep-2006 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States

I don't think it is a hospital:

It looks like they are wearing soldier uniforms of some sort (green shirts), but in the second photo, the one looks like blue scrubs or blue patient top.

Maybe it is suppose to be a military base or military hospital?

-Dawg

Original Member Since 1998. [10 YEARS AND COUNTING!]

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
    It looks like they are wearing soldier uniforms of some sort (green shirts), but in the second photo, the one looks like blue scrubs or blue patient top.

Maybe it is suppose to be a military base or military hospital?

-Dawg
    If you're one of the unfortunate folks whose seen Contagium, you'd know the shoddy plot line of how a mad house wound up where a military base once stood.

From seeing this, I don't doubt the connection possibility being made between this remake and Contagium.

United States
    What kills me is this: How the **** do the filmmakers not realize that Contagium sucked? I mean there's NO WAY you can't tell!

I mean, when you do something badly, most of the time if you can review it you know it's bad... I'd imagine they'd just want to wash their hands of Contagium... What the **** is the world coming to?

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    from the IMDB forums :

Did anyone else get this PM?
    by - Art-At-War 31 minutes ago (Thu Sep 14 2006 11:17:29) Ignore this User | Report Abuse

-- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm sending this to you directly because I don't want to start some long thread on IMDB, but I read your posts on the new DOTD remake and just wanted to give you props for making well thought out arguements. Check out www.fangoria.com tomorrow or Monday to read how Steve and I developed the script. I try to diplomatically state it in the article, but the "producers" that everyone's worried about had nothing to do with the script or project. Steve Miner was the driving force behind the film and fought tooth and nail to make a strong horror film...which I strived to deliver. We're both horror fans who respect George Romero's work...and we didn't want to tarnish it. But we didn't want to go the "Psycho" route and just remake the same movie with a bigger budget. Also, Ving Rhames signed on because he liked the script - it wasn't a nefarious plot to fool people. And when Ving wants to do your project, you don't turn him down.

You're right about the two pics that look poorly lit. They were taken from a scene shot at a hospital where the "real" lighting was out because of the zombie attack and the emergency lighting is on...thus the harsh, greenish tint. Plus the scene has to be color corrected. I put that in the thread, but apparently people don't read them all.

Anyway, I just wanted to drop you a note. If you hate the movie AFTER seeing it, feel free to let me know. I take constructive criticism very well. But I've seen the footage and a few scenes edited together and it looks great.

Best,
    Jeffrey Reddick
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weird. It's from a jeff-230

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489018/...hread/53698750

Super Moderator

UK
    It's blatantly obvious they're going to say 'the footage is looking great!', you don't often hear 'jesus, this film is complete sh*t, why am I working on this slut?' (The director of Children of the Living Dead was a very rare - and entertaining - case though).

Also, again with the "respect" these people have for GAR's work. If there really was respect for his work there wouldn't be this slew of GAR remakes out there now would there? It wouldn't be so bad if the remakes - and coming remakes - were good ... but they're just ass.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    It's blatantly obvious they're going to say 'the footage is looking great!', you don't often hear 'jesus, this film is complete sh*t, why am I working on this slut?' (The director of Children of the Living Dead was a very rare - and entertaining - case though).

Also, again with the "respect" these people have for GAR's work. If there really was respect for his work there wouldn't be this slew of GAR remakes out there now would there? It wouldn't be so bad if the remakes - and coming remakes - were good ... but they're just ass.

I dunno, I saw the pics and felt a little vomit rise in my throat. I will probably still go see it in theaters. Why not right? Gotta support the genre. We don't need another dry spell.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    i am sad. i will go to see the movie to support the zombie genre.but i donīt wanna go to see the movie. i donīt want to support remakes... what can i do??

Undisclosed
    DJ, i hope your not judging the film before you see it, just like the guys over at ZN about deadlands. Though I have doubts, I woun't bash it untill i've seen it.

Will it be as big of a release as DAWN04?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I dunno, I saw the pics and felt a little vomit rise in my throat. I will probably still go see it in theaters. Why not right? Gotta support the genre. We don't need another dry spell.
    Why not? A dry spell would be more productively and creatively original than anything we're getting at the moment...