Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Day of the Dead 2 Pics:

Dead

Undisclosed

$18 million could make GAR's original Day script

Why don't they just post the damned script? Who the hell is going to read it anyway besides people like us? What'll motivate habitual moviegoers to go see this movie (barf) are the advertisements on television and the previews at the theaters themselves. They won't be losing anything by doing it, probably end up increasing ticket sales if they'd just stop pussy-fottin' around. I don't like farting smoke!

I have to admit, I thought those pictures were from Contineum as well. I literally took that DVD (I think I got it for $5?) and stepped on it in anger after watching it in shock.

With $18 million dollars in a foreign location.....perhaps they should have consulted with GAR and gone ahead with his original Day of the Dead script. It's already been written, and I'll bet GAR wouldn't mind seeing it finally come to life! That's what I would have done. But, I suppose they're not real "fans" of George Romero after all...

Undisclosed
    I went to the source ...I was able to contact him through some of my sources and this was his response to the criticisms,this is what he told me ...

"FYI, Taurus is in no way involved in this remake. Honestly, Steve Miner and I were pretty much left alone after they approved our story. I've got to be politically correct and I've never seen their other films, but the fans fears are unfounded. I was hesitant to give Fango the pics they put up because they were from an un-color corrected scene, which...in the movie...happens in a hospital with the emergency lights on. So I knew people might think that was the actually look for the film and complain.

I'm trying to get some more pictures approved for release by Nu Image, but it's like pulling teeth. They're concentrating on The Wicker Man and The Black Dahlia right now, they're not focusing on DOTD right now. "
    - Jeffrey Reddick 9-14-2006
    designs-n-creations.com

Sometimes dead is better....

United States
    He didn't explain the vegetarian Bud. All our fears aren't unfounded.

Thanks for the update there DC. Maybe Riddick can get us something like homage pictures or even a script.

WE ARE FANS OF GEORGE A. ROMERO, AND LET ME TELL YOU, IT IS ONE HELLUVA BITCH TO WIN US OVER!

Undisclosed
    I will be speaking with him soon... I've got quite a few questions for him and the answers WILL be at my site...
    I will make an announcement here once i get as much info as I can for everyone ...DOTD is my favorite of GAR's films and I don't want another Dawn '04 for the remake of it, nor a Craptagium, so I'm doing my best to get the lowdown on this one for those who are truly interested.
    designs-n-creations.com

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    even if the lights would be ok,the zombie make up is cheap .pretty unoriginal and reminds me the bufffy the vampire slayer vampires. the eye lenses are unbelievable. i really hope they could correct it with some cgi.

Undisclosed
    I'll be speaking with Jeffrey Reddick by phone sometime today, unfortunately I don't have my recording software up and running on this pc yet , but I will be writing as fast as I can to fill you guys in, I'll probably post the meat of it here, but most will be on D-C.com ...
    Hope I can get enough info to enlighten everyone more than the current available info does....
    designs-n-creations.com

Just been bitten

Undisclosed

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Hrmm.....Sarah.....in a military uniform. Yup, these guys never watched the original....

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Hrmm.....Sarah.....in a military uniform. Yup, these guys never watched the original....
    What does that have to do with the price of beans?

Yeah, I felt like typing something an old person would say about something they felt was equally innane. Come on. There's no reason someone on a militarybase and/or seconded to a group effort with the military would ever wear a military uniform?

Now give me some shuck n' jive about the theme of the clashing of military and civilian mentalities inherent to the original Day, and how Sarah wearing a uniform flies in the face of that. Or we could wait till we see the movie, and then you can hate it, and I may or may not enjoy it based on how I feel about seeing it.

Methinks though doth protest too much, sir

(Don't take this too seriously, just putting forth my thoughts on the matter in a melodramatic fashion. And, yeah, it looks more and more like this film may just suck )

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    Well that's what I'm hoping to find out in about an hour...once I get the rundown , I'm hoping I can get some NON fan pics (sirjacktorrence) and get some actual set pics to display & hopefully they may look better than the images I saw in the post 2 above this... plus I want to kow about plot & changes ....
    ..... and just what happened with my favorite Z of all time BUB !!

I don't think that particular change will hearten any of the diehards like myself, but maybe I can at least get an explaination.
    Last edited by DeadCentral; 20-Sep-2006 at 01:03 AM.
    designs-n-creations.com

Super Moderator

United States
    Thanks DC. I'll keep my eyes out for updates.

*Finger's Crossed*

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    forgive me if these also were previously posted. just thought i should throw them in! looks like ok makeup anyway

Undisclosed
    lol looks pretty dead to me... I saw those previous too...
    I'm really hoping to come through on this with some positive things, I'm trying to be open minded...it's tough when it's your favorite film though...
    Jeffrey is a great writer , Final Destination 1,2 & 3 and Tamara are his and I thought all four of these films were pretty good, so I'm giving this remake the benefit of the doubt...for now.
    designs-n-creations.com

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadCentral View Post
    lol looks pretty dead to me... I saw those previous too...
    I'm really hoping to come through on this with some positive things, I'm trying to be open minded...it's tough when it's your favorite film though...
    Jeffrey is a great writer , Final Destination 1,2 & 3 and Tamara are his and I thought all four of these films were pretty good, so I'm giving this remake the benefit of the doubt...for now.
    your outlook is better than mine hahaha i am REALLY scared. yeah day is my fav also!

Dead

Undisclosed

Half-Ass

What the hell is Sarah doing wearing a uniform? Ok, perhaps it’s a surplus uniform she found in the bunker. No, wait, it has pin-on rank...the rank of 'Corporal'? Ok, perhaps they have her as a 'military scientist'. Nope, the military's uniformed scientists are officers.......perhaps they should have hired a military advisor to sit on the set for 15 seconds. Or JUST LEFT HER THE HELL ALONE AS A CIVILIAN!

Sounds petty, but if you're going to make an effort to correctly imitate something, than you might as well make an all out effort to do so....or don't do it at all!

I don't know what's worse, a teen-age looking girl who's supposed to be a scientist.....or a guy who looks like he was yanked out of a retirement home to play a Captain.
    Last edited by jim102016; 20-Sep-2006 at 05:34 AM.