Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Day of the Dead 2 Pics:

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    As far as Final Destination 1, 2, & 3 being good films... That is a strecth. Final Destination 1 was original, but I wouldn't say good. Final Destination 2 had that amazing car crash, 3... well 3 just wasn't that good.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    final destination 2 was fun,but fd 3 and tamara was poor and boring ....

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post
    I don't know what's worse, a teen-age looking girl who's supposed to be a scientist.....or a guy who looks like he was yanked out of a retirement home to play a Captain.
    Well Jim, have you ever taken a good realistic look at our military? 89% of it consists of young people under the age of 25, and their superiors are in the 35 to 50 bracket , and serious longterm rank, so it's actually not really off the mark.

DJ Final 1 was the only script untouched, 2 was rewritten by someone else and to my correction, 3 wasn't Jeffrey. Tamara was watered down by the studios quite a bit and a good portion of the script wasnt filmed...anyhow off to work...I'll write it up tonight & post my findings....
    designs-n-creations.com

Sometimes dead is better....

Dead

Undisclosed
    Well, I spent 8 years in our military, and I can't say I ever saw a Captain like Ving. Currently, officers in the active Army are making Captain in 3 1/2 years after commissioning, and are actually having their records looked at for Major maybe five or six years after that. So, sure, there are officers that are 35-50, but most I'd bet my ass there aren't any Captains that were born in 1959. He's almost 57...he could be a retired four star...Joe Pilato was 36 I think.

As far as Sarah, she's a scientist....which requires how many years of advanced education? Post-Doct? Residency requirements? Internships? Perhaps she's a genius....personally, I think it's a bad casting to have someone so young. And to have her as a Corporal....a junior rank associated with leading privates? What the hell does a scientist know about that?

Just plain stupid, like I said, they should have had a military advisor sit in on this. He'd know what the hell I was talking about.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    What does that have to do with the price of beans?

Yeah, I felt like typing something an old person would say about something they felt was equally innane. Come on. There's no reason someone on a militarybase and/or seconded to a group effort with the military would ever wear a military uniform?

Now give me some shuck n' jive about the theme of the clashing of military and civilian mentalities inherent to the original Day, and how Sarah wearing a uniform flies in the face of that. Or we could wait till we see the movie, and then you can hate it, and I may or may not enjoy it based on how I feel about seeing it.

Methinks though doth protest too much, sir

(Don't take this too seriously, just putting forth my thoughts on the matter in a melodramatic fashion. And, yeah, it looks more and more like this film may just suck )
    "Methinks"(whatever the f*ck that means.....ever pass 2nd grade?) that you're an idiot. Don't take it too seriously.

Super Moderator

United States
    Yeah, it's an archaic term, I'll grant you. Wrack it up to hyperbole, if you like. As for calling me an idiot because you don't agree with what I say, or how I say it, well, I'd say that's asinine and that I would expect better from you, Bassman, but I will do as you ask in this case and not take you seriously.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    Well I've posted a summary of the "interview",it was more like a long friendly chat with an old friend rather than an interview. Jeff was VERY open and it didn't take many questions to get him rolling with the information.
    Stop by DEAD-CENTRAL.COM to read it, or Click HERE I just finished typing it up so I felt it would be easier just to let you all know it's there for your interest.
    I believe he'll be sending me some pics very soon, it was discussed and I will be talking with him again as the film goes through post...
    enjoy !
    designs-n-creations.com

Sometimes dead is better....