Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what is the strangest movie you ever watched?

Super Moderator

UK
    That is an excellent movie - if you wanna turn your kids of drugs, show them that flick. It's just utterly twisted, shows the "highs" of drugs - doing them and earning all that money fairly easily - but then it shows how it always ends up, the lows. Everybody ends up...

either having a septic arm chopped off, in jail, in a nuthouse or prostituting themselves - all of them having lost their dreams

Excellent flick - have you read "Last Exit To Brooklyn" - Hubert Selby Jr wrote Requiem For A Dream as well as LETB - it's a good book ... haven't seen the movie yet though.

United States
    hmmm, Rabid Grannies come to mind.

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

United States
    VIDEODROME

All hail the new flesh!

Banned User

United States
    Oh! Lost Highway! Ya that was bizzare. Is not that actor that got accused of killing his wife in that one. I forgot his name. I remember seeing that movie in the dollar theater. It made my mind lock up.

Banned User

United States

There's several from the 60s and 70s...

The Strawberry Statement
    Massacre at Central High
    Looking for Mr. Goodbar
    Four of the Apocalypse

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    id like to say the happieness of the katakuris, but i saw a spanish film once that starts as a proper comedy, a buisnessman gets caught in a red phone booth and people laugh at him they try to help him out, involving three stooges style antics, then near the end they all leave and he is abandoned then some men arrive, pick p the box with the man inside and put it on a vans bakc hlaf, it drives off, stops at a railway crossing and another green van with a red phone booth and a guy inside are seen, they all go to a factory where they are being sorted and the guys booth is set down next to one where a corpse in a suit has a phone cord around its own neck, it ends with the guy screaming like the dude at the end of wickerman and the film ends.

pretty creepy stuff.

oh and my film prof at collge showed me part of a film called ...eraser head i think and the start is like inside pyramids head.

after that we watched that "rosebud" film, and it sucked balls.
    Last edited by Danny; 15-Mar-2006 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Super Moderator

UK
    You didn't like Citizen Kane?!

Granted, it's not something I watch a lot and it's not my preferred genre of horror and zombies and blood and gore , but personally I thought it was cool. We saw it on one of the film units at Uni (I did a film degree) and the lecturers were all really chuffed we had a real 35mm print of it from an archive or something - well it certainly LOOKED like it came from an archive, lol. Each to his own really...

As for Eraserhead, I got the video of that when I was like 15 ... have only managed to watch it once, it freaked me out too much. It took me like four months to get through the whole flick, I could only stand 10 minutes at a time or thereabouts, just too damn freaky!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing

oh and my film prof at collge showed me part of a film called ...eraser head i think and the start is like inside pyramids head.
    Ah, yes, Eraserhead. Classic Weirdness.
    The first time I watched this flick I was left confused and anxious. Then, I dosed up on some quality LSD (this was in the 80's) and it all made since. I watched it about a month ago and was amazed at how wonderfully bizarre this movie is. The little thing that dances and sings inside the radiator in his room still creeps me out.
    "In Heaven, everything is fine. You've got your good things. And I've got mine. "