Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what is the strangest movie you ever watched?

Banned User

United States

what is the strangest movie you ever watched?

I would have to say "The Stuff". I believe drillers found a white stuff in the ground that tastes like ice cream and they package and sell the stuff. But it is some sort of alien life form that takes over your bodies and everyone is obsessed with eating the stuff except this one child. I have not seen it in 15 years. Thats all i remember of it.

Canada
    i would have to say that 'SHOCKER" BY "WES CRAVEN" IS ONE OF THE STRANGEST movies i have ever seen.

Administrator

England
    Hotel... It had some big names in it, and was the wierdest film!!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0278487/
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Deffinitely Mulholland Drive. I'm pretty sure most of you will agree with me on that.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That's a tough question but im leaning more towards "Waking Life". It's a Linklater film that was shot on camera and then had crazy drawings drawn over to give it a very cool look.....very trippy. Alot of the dialogue is pretty crazy(very philosophical) but the art is incredible.

This gives you a slight idea of what the film looks like...

I highly recommend this film to the "thinkers" around here.

Undisclosed
    The Wall and Lost Highway.

Super Moderator

UK
    Linklater's latest film is done in the same way isn't it, I've got a foggy head - cold coming on I think - hasn't come out yet I don't think - SCANNER DARKLY - that's the hammer. That's going to be in the same way - Waking Life must have been a 'test' so-to-speak.

United Kingdom
    "Normal" films would be the likes of Shivers, Lost Highway or Mulholland Drive.

However, the strangest films I've ever seen are:

Un chien andalou (An Andalusian Dog), which was co-written by Salvador Dali and is just wierd. This film is most well known becuase of the opening scene involving the cutting open of a eye.

The film was directed by Luis Buñuel, I've only ever seen two other films by this director and they are both very very strange. They are Le Fantôme de la liberté (The Phantom of Liberty) and Le charme discret de la bourgeoisie (The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie).

It's worth pointing out that these films are part of the surrealism movement and hence they are supposed to be pretty odd.

United States
    - 1963 by Federico Fellini

Super Moderator

UK
    Ooh, ooh - "Dogstar Man" - we saw it in the first year as part of the 'basics' film class in the first semester. It's a really weird visual piece, just a bunch of colours, shapes and stuff (like a dude climbing a snowy hill) for like 70 minutes ... most of the people buggered off a few minutes/30 minutes in - I was one of the few to stick out the whole thing - and stay awake (so many times we'd see people catching some sleep in the screenings if a film wasn't particularly engaging - I did the same thing sometimes).

But yeh, Dogstar Man...I liked it

Undisclosed
    definitly Requiem for a Dream, even after the credits are rolling your still stairing at the tv asking yourself what the f*@% was that.
    its all about the Party.

Undisclosed
    terrorvision, doll man , demonic toys, toxic avenger, class of nukem high , invisible maniac, the raggedy ann and andy movie.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Ruben and Ed. It's a movie by Chrispen Glover that came out like 12+ years ago and is friggen strange all the way around, I don't even know how to describe it.

United States
    The strangest movie I have ever seen is called "What is it?" by Crispin Glover. If you haven't seen it try to catch a screening of it if there is one near you.

I really can't describe it, so look it up.

United States
    Spellbinder. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096152/ It will f**k you up by the time you see the twist ending. A very rare Hollywood picture that is for sure.

Dawg

Original Member Since 1998. [10 YEARS AND COUNTING!]