Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DAWN 04 trailers

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

DAWN 04 trailers

You can still check them out online, and the official wesbite still has tons of content on it. Including the flash game BLACKOUT.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/univer...ead/index.html

Was just at the LAND site and nothing works over there... not even loot & shoot works anymore.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 18-Sep-2006 at 10:51 PM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Administrator

England
    I Always wondered if this scene had been re-filmed specifically for the trailer. if you look at the zombie girl, she's no wear near as gory as she is in the full movie and dosn't have the mouth wounds or anything...

From the Trailer Version..

From the Full Movie...

see what i mean? it dosn't even look like the same girl..

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think they digitally fixed her face cause when you watch the trailer the face distorts a bit.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I think they digitally fixed her face cause when you watch the trailer the face distorts a bit.
    on the extras, don't they show the FX guys fitting the girls face with the prosthetics? (from memory)

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome View Post
    on the extras, don't they show the FX guys fitting the girls face with the prosthetics? (from memory)
    They do, but when she enters the bedroom in the full movie you don't see her face that well, then they cut into close-up. However, in the wide shot her face is still messed up and like I said if you watch the trailer you can see her face distort which would tell me it was digitally altered.

Also, watch the teaser. Sarah Polley's shirt is covered in a brownish oil like substance, in the movie it is blood. The wonder of digital intermediate.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    They do, but when she enters the bedroom in the full movie you don't see her face that well, then they cut into close-up. However, in the wide shot her face is still messed up and like I said if you watch the trailer you can see her face distort which would tell me it was digitally altered.

Also, watch the teaser. Sarah Polley's shirt is covered in a brownish oil like substance, in the movie it is blood. The wonder of digital intermediate.
    ahh, ok, now I get what you meant.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Sarah Polley...........and her foot scene...mmmmmmmmmmm

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome View Post
    ahh, ok, now I get what you meant.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Sarah Polley...........and her foot scene...mmmmmmmmmmm
    Zack has a foot fetish. Much like Tarantino does. I think Tarantino has a bigger fetish though. he loves to show feet.

Oh yeah, BTW this is lucky post # 2000 for me!
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Undisclosed
    The wonder of trailers, in 99% of the cases you can't show red blood in trailers, let alone gore of any kind...this obviously does not apply to the indie film community, however when the studio and the mpaa get a hold of it..bam! Unless of course you are in the U.K., Japan, or Canada where everything is shown in the trailers.

Take a look at the Kill Bill volume one trailer, her yellow track suit is covered in brown.

Undisclosed
    Not knowing about other country's, but here in america trailers have their own kind of ratings. It depends on what venue you see it in. If you see a pg-13 movie, an R rated trailer will be on a green background and it will be cut diffrerently as well. If you see the trailer in an R rated movie, the trailer will be on a red background. With that, I agree with DJ in that the girls face was probably digitally altered to allow the trailers in pg-13 movies and on television commercials.

Making the world a not so safe place.

United States
    You can still check them out online, and the official wesbite still has tons of content on it. Including the flash game BLACKOUT.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/univer...ead/index.html

Was just at the LAND site and nothing works over there... not even loot & shoot works anymore.
    Haha, yea... Playing Blackout consequentially is what brought me here to HPotD...

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I Always wondered if this scene had been re-filmed specifically for the trailer. if you look at the zombie girl, she's no wear near as gory as she is in the full movie and dosn't have the mouth wounds or anything...

From the Trailer Version..

From the Full Movie...

see what i mean? it dosn't even look like the same girl..

yeah, she looks like one of the ghouls from the original night. Just some white foundation and that's it. And is it me or is that girl smirking?
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    I thought the trailer for DAWN04 were the best of the trailors i've ever seen for a zombie flick... I remember when 28 days later came out and I had no idea wtf it was about... so I never went to see it at the theater... or the sequel ... unfortunately the trailer for Dawn04 had the only really GREAT moments from the movie... damnit all to hell...
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Undisclosed
    dont mean to start any arguments, but i really loved Dawn04...

United States
    I second that...
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I third it. DAWN 04 rocked. I still think it is 10 times better than Land of the Dead, but it doesn't hold a candle to the original 3 dead films.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!