Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NotLD 90 Screening with Tom Savini

United States

Thanks

Just wanted to say thanks to anyone who was able to make it out for the weekend. We had exactly 100 people who showed up over the weekend and I hope that everyone had fun. Tom was very honest and entertaining during the Q&A. He also gave us some juicy tidbits regarding "Grindhouse".
    Again, thanks to any HPOTD members who made it out.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Can you share some of those Q&A's and juicy tidbits?

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    Tom was very honest and entertaining during the Q&A. He also gave us some juicy tidbits regarding "Grindhouse".
    Oooh, do share...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Can you share some of those Q&A's and juicy tidbits?

Sure. He went into detail about how he gets killed in the movie, starting with his fingers being bitten off by a zombie. He also mentioned Quentin Tarantino getting his eyeball poked out by Rose McGowan with her peg leg when he tries to rape her. He said, and I quote, that the movie is "so gross, you won't believe it".
    I actually called Greg Nicotero Friday night because he is coming to Pittsburgh to shoot an R.L. Stine movie, to ask him about that. He was on the set of "Grindhouse" and told me that he was standing right next to Kurt Russell. He lives the coolest life man. Hanging with Snake Plissken! I'm jealous.

United States
    savini is one cool dude I emailed him once and he actually responded back "hey thanks man"

those 3 words were magical and Ill always remember them

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    He was on the set of "Grindhouse" and told me that he was standing right next to Kurt Russell. He lives the coolest life man. Hanging with Snake Plissken! I'm jealous.
    God I wish it was Kurt Russell in the new "I Am Legend"...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    God, I wish it was Ray Winstone in the new 'I Am Legend'. "Look ya slahg, I'm the f**kin' daddy. Get away from me nah, you virally infected c**t!"
    Last edited by capncnut; 17-Nov-2006 at 04:43 AM.

Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    God I wish it was Ed Harris in the new "I Am Legend"...

...just maybe a little bit younger.

I'd actually prefer a sock puppet to who they did finally cast. I guess I'll just have to wait another 35 years for the next adaptation.
    "28 Days Later came out after we started (Dawn 04). Our zombies were running before we knew what their zombies were." - Zack Snyder, LIAR.

capncnut
    If Kurt Russell was ever to star in I Am Legend then it has to be from his Snake Plissken days but (obviously) that is impossible now. As for the baddie (can't remember his name) it can only be Gary Oldman.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnSpaulding View Post
    If Kurt Russell was ever to star in I Am Legend then it has to be from his Snake Plissken days but (obviously) that is impossible now. As for the baddie (can't remember his name) it can only be Gary Oldman.
    Nope he'd be fine now...

Ed Harris is also a fine selection!

We don't need a young man, we need a world wise older man completely out of his depth... Think Heston in The Omega Man!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    God I wish it was Ed Harris in the new "I Am Legend"...

...just maybe a little bit younger.

I'd actually prefer a sock puppet to who they did finally cast. I guess I'll just have to wait another 35 years for the next adaptation.
    I didn't see anyone say who is preferable to a sock puppet on imbd...
    Will Smith?!?!?
    Vincent Price
    Charlton Heston
    Will Smith!?!?!?!
    WTF is going on in this monkey farm?
    A big plate of suckitude
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

capncnut
    I gotta admit, the prospect of Will Smith playing the lead in I Am Legend is about as inviting as a pool party at Michael Barrymore's.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    I gotta admit, the prospect of Will Smith playing the lead in I Am Legend is about as inviting as a pool party at Michael Barrymore's.
    At least he doesn't say "hell Yeah" at every opportunity.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers