Thread: Forums Upgraded! (Again)

Administrator

England

Exclamation Forums Upgraded! (Again)

A security upgrade, you guys won't notice any new features or anything for now, but it was essential - As it was only a small upgrade the forums were only offline for about 10 minutes while the work was carried out.

The biggest change you guys will notice is that from today, the reputation system is no longer active. Now some of you have been asking for this, some wanted it kept. There was a poll in general discussion about which did just go in favour of the system, but, after recent problems and previous issues we have decided to disable it indefinately.

There's going to be some changes coming up in the near future though, with a a couple of major new features planned. The arcade is getting a massive update with alot of new games and additionally a new style is going to be releasing soon. Watch this thread for more details.

The chat system is also going to be upgraded in the next few days. Again the forums will need to be offline for about 5-10 minutes for me to safely modify the database.

I'll keep you guys updated on further changes, and always your comments and questions are appreciated.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    A security upgrade, you guys wont notice any new features or anything for now, but it was essential. as it was only a small upgrade the forums were only offline for about 10 minutes while i carried out the work.

The biggest change you guys will notice is that from today, the reputation system is no longer active. now some of you have been asking for this, some wanted it kept. there was a poll in general discussion about which did just go in favour of the system. but, after recent problems and previous issues we have decided to disable it indefinatly.

There's going to be some changes coming up in the near future though, i have a couple of major new features planned, the arcade is getting a massive update with alot of new games and im going to be releasing a new style soon. Watch this thread for more details.

The chat system is also going to be upgraded in the next few days, again the forums will need to be offline for about 5-10 minutes for me to safely modify the database.

I'll keep you guys updated on further changes, and always your comments and questions are appreciated.

Please do all updates when I am not at work (between 6am and 2:30pm EST) This week has been slow and This place makes time go by fast.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    can you say, obsessive compuslive Dj? I knew that you could.

Sound good Andy, and I think you made the right decision on the rep system... but that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

LC

Undisclosed
    Damn ..just when my Rep points were climbing too...lol
    designs-n-creations.com

Sometimes dead is better....

Fiji
    cool all around. thanks andy.

Canada
    well i guess democracy and whining dont mix here ....

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    plus the reps gone, kinda makes the control panel seem smaller though

United States
    my rep points were rising too, shucks LOL!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by general tbag View Post
    well i guess democracy and whining dont mix here ....
    Yeah, what the duece ever happened to democracy? The system backed up the rep system.

*cough*Al Gores*cough*

United States
    Noticed a few General Discussion threads disappeared recently, not sure if they were deleted or if it was upgrade related.