Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahhh...Battlefield Vietnam...

United States
    That's why when I played with my friend Steve (The Quake4 guy) I would NEVER EVER under ANY circumstances be on the opposite team as him, 'cause I knew the first thing he would do would be to hunt down my ass and plant a bullet in my head, then stalk me for the rest of the game.. it would get frustrating as hell!!!

MZ - y'know, if you have BF1942 we could always play that too when your units get a new computer. Even with a non-legit copy of BF1942, you can still do a direct-connect to an IP addy (like mine for example) and play single-player co-op, which is nothing more than multiplayer, but the rest of the players on each team are filled up with AI players. I don't think that's possible with BF2, although I'm not 100% sure about that. Then again, even if you could, i'm the jackass that couldn't figure out how to play a SP game in BF with computer players!! What can I say..

Super Moderator

UK
    Ah now there's an idea, that co-op hosty thingymajig ... I'll keep that in mind once the "units" () get a new rig...

United States
    heh-heh-heh... he said "unit"

England
    When playing as a sniper,climb one of the cranes you find on certain maps,& plant a couple of claymores on the ladders as you climb,you can snipe away more or less unhindered til another sniper spots you (then just lay flat & hide) & you'll let out a sneaky laugh when you hear a bang & the message "you have killed (insert name)" comes up,you just know he tripped one of your 'mores while coming after you

Super Moderator

UK
    Lou - you said it first.

Tricky - that's absolute genius, duno why I didn't think of claymoring the ladders (never really bothered claymoring anything actually). I did do the old climb a crane 'n' snipe trick though, good stuff. It was hilarious when the baddies kept trying to airstrike me on the crane, but everything just got bombed out around me, they ended up killing anyone/anything that wasn't me and was unlucky enough to be hanging out below me.

United States
    That is an AWESOME idea Tricky!

That's it, when it happens, he's on our team MZ..

Super Moderator

UK
    I might start trying out these claymore things ... they sound like fun...

Was trying out some of the alternate weapons today, some cool ones in there, but also some sh*t ones.

United States
    unfortunately, I think there's more sh*t ones than useful ones.. but the useful ones really make up for it, 'specially when someone like Tricky comes along with a tip like that!

**edited to say: yeah, I did say "units" first didn't I? What's funnier is, I meant to say "parental units" but I goofed.. oops.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 06-Oct-2006 at 09:43 PM.

England
    Another trick i use quite often,go to one of your flags as special forces & plant loads of C4 around it,then leg it to a good hiding place & wait,usually someone will come along & try taking the flag,thats when you hit the switch....
    Sneaking into their airbase & planting C4 on the best vehicles is good as well,especially the attack chopper & jets which everyone wants.Hide somewhere & wait til they get airborne,then boom! guaranteed to wind someone up big time!

Super Moderator

UK
    It's a shame you can't control your old C4 when you die and come back as another Special Forces guy...

United States
    oooooh man, I was playing as a sniper last night and did exactly as Tricky said - climb up a crane (which takes FOREVER! If someone spots you like they did me the first time, you're toast! ) plant the claymores, and hide up top with the sniper rifle. Worked like a charm.. 'till I ran out of ammo..

I'm not sure what the name of the map was, but I played the first map in BF2.. wow, that was fantastic! I ended up with around 35 kills when it was all said and done!

I noticed you need quite a bit of lead-time with those sniper shots though to land them right in their head. You're REALLY high up on those cranes!

Super Moderator

UK
    I believe the first map is called "Dalian Plant" - I've got it loaded up and ready to go upstairs, gonna try the old sniperoo from the crane on there and try being a commander too, then I'll order in some ammo for myself. ... and airstrike the crap out of everybody. Of course, no doubt, we'll lose because my awesomeness isn't down on the ground in the mud with the other troops.

United States
    MZ - do what I did when you run out of ammo atop one of the cranes: just leap off the end, parachute down, and run like a motherf*cker..

Remember to give some decent lead time to those sniper shots - it's a long distance down from those cranes.

Super Moderator

UK
    Well I went off and commanded my troops from atop said crane and parachuted an ammo crate on the top where I was snipesing from ... of course, airstrikes have a 50/50 chance of killing you on there, so it's probably best to get the ammo dropped on top, go one level down and command from there.

I was doing quite well, and did win the battle ... got the hang of that commanding thing, but it's something you can really only do from such a position, you can't effectively command on the streets with bullets whizzing over your head ... so from that crane, ho-yeah baby. I love calling in an airstrike and watching the chaos ensue from my crane-top hideaway...kinda weird how AI soldiers NEVER climb ladders though...

England
    When im commander i usually find a nice building you can go inside,preferably in your uncappable base if the map has one,plant the old faithful claymores at any entrances & command from in there
    Rather than just randomly dropping supplies & arty i try to support groups of soldiers who are advancing,dropping supplies & vehicles for them & dropping arty on the flag they are heading towards,you can quite quickly sweep a map doing that!