Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Ahhh...Battlefield Vietnam...

Super Moderator

UK
    Hmmm, I run Call of Duty 2 rather well, it's on 800x600 yes, but when it was at 1024x768 it was nothing more than a lower than normal frame-rate, so it wasn't that smooth, downgrade to 800x600 and it's smooth as a greased up pig.

Very rarely the frame rate drops a few, but only very rarely.

Indeed, same here, I judged it by "well, I can run Half Life 2 perfectly fine" (on 1280x1024 no less ) so this must run fine. But of course, I don't take into account that sometimes a game's engine can run like ass. Like that of GTA San Andreas, flying through cloud the frame rate drops to complete ass, but my computer is very much capable of easily running San Andreas, it's just that games engine being stretched too far.

Now, FEAR, that game was beyond me. I had to have the settings down so low it was pointless to play it, if it can't look snazzy, there's no point. Plus it would crash to desktop or freeze up, so again, no point.

FarCry occasionally does that, but again it's down to the engine. It's not the most efficient engine, certainly not in comparison to HL2 and Doom3, which run on a wider variety of set ups, FarCry is much more fussy - it refused to run on my All-in-Wonder 9000, yet Doom 3 and HL2 would both run on it (okay, not exactly looking sh*t hot, but they ran nonetheless). So FarCry required me to have that new card...

Oh man, gotta go razzle dazzle on COD2, I'm on the second Brit mission now, the game gets better and better as it goes along, the Americans having the best missions I feel.

England
    Yeah my PC didnt like FEAR either,it would only run if i made the graphics look like starwing

Super Moderator

UK
    lol, goddamn that's oldschool!

Reminds me of VR Racing or whatever it was called, a F1 style racer on the Mega Drive, had an absolute blast playing it back in the day I remember, was really fun in 2 player mode. Even bought it off a friend in high school a few years after the initial love of the game for a tenner ... played it very briefly and shelved it, just wasn't as fun in comparison to PC gaming and not as fun when playing alone.

I should have taken my Mega Drive to uni to play such games, but didn't want my beloved (and only) console to get stepped on or broken...