Thread: "Officially Licensed" Dawn of the Dead Halloween Costumes

ViP

United States

"Officially Licensed" Dawn of the Dead Halloween Costumes

Here is Flyboy

http://www.emasks.com/asp/iteminfo.a...ead&I=16970&R=

And here is ol' Plaid Zombie.

http://www.emasks.com/asp/iteminfo.a...ead&I=16968&R=

I think they look odd myself. I saw these in a local Halloween shop and I would have picked them up if they looked worth a crap.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Those costumes aren't too great.....but that site has some cool stuff. I wouldn't get the "plaid boy" costume....but the mask is pretty friggin sweet.

Hrmm....I would love to find a "They Live" alien mask .......

I'm seriously considering getting the Dr. Tongue mask or a Herman Munster mask for nest year ....
    Last edited by bassman; 27-Sep-2006 at 08:25 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    ROFLCOPTER ... those look nothing like the characters! Flyboy zombie did NOT have exposed ribs, he wore a WHITE shirt and was bitten on the leg and neck ... if that costs more than $2 I'd be surprised.

Likewise with the other costume ... pretty damn poor reconstruction, at least a little bit closer in the face anyway...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    pfft!, lame!, go to bloody disgusting .com to find a dr. tongue mask that looks just like him, see the clue is making them look the same

Undisclosed
    i agree...whoever licensed these was an idiot (or greedy).

Shameless self promotion for something completely unrelated to zombies.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    isnt that modern halloween in general?, its so friggin lame me and all my freinds actually sat at home and watched tv last year, not even a scary movie, it just aint the same anymore

though this time were headin' to the woods with beer, a white sheet and a film projector, and paintball, so thats gonna be fun.

screw this plastic costume ****.

y'know this reminds me of a short i made for my self proclaimed 'urban legend' series of short films, about some nutter ,based on an urban legend, who game asrnic laced sherbert adn apples with razor blades in to kids that knocked on there door on halloween, now when people saw that i heard about 3 people say "no way im lettin' my kids go out trick ro treatin' on halloween".

it aint about the candy its about screwin around and scarin' the **** out of each other.

heres my advice to all the members of this forum, throw a party, hang out with freinds get out a whija board (cough-bollox-cough) or go to a graveyard with a video camera, anything that involves scaring the **** out of people and having a good time, c'mon people bring back the old halloween next month!

rant over.
    Last edited by Danny; 27-Sep-2006 at 11:59 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Halloween was never "the same" here in the UK, or at least not for a very, very long time. Last halloween I remember being "the same" was when I was a wee chap of about 4 back up in Scotland when trick or treaters came around - they had home made, good costumes on and they actually DID something to earn their sweets - like playing the piano or telling a joke or reciting some Shakespeare. Plus it was much more wholesome and it was kids trick or treating only in their cul-de-sac or maybe the ones on either side too - you also knew who the kids actually were, you knew their parents and where they lived.

It's all different now.

Hmmm ... now if I actually had mates who still lived near me (they've all buggered off to nearby cities or gone trapesing around the world or some wank) and something was actually capable of being pulled together, I'd do a halloween house party ("do" and in "go to", fudge bringing people over to trash MY house! ha!)

Sounds like you're gonna have a good one - take some pics/video of it and show us a good halloween, damnit!

United States
    to quote Eeyor, "Paaaaathetic"
    Wow

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Halloween was never "the same" here in the UK, or at least not for a very, very long time. Last halloween I remember being "the same" was when I was a wee chap of about 4 back up in Scotland when trick or treaters came around - they had home made, good costumes on and they actually DID something to earn their sweets - like playing the piano or telling a joke or reciting some Shakespeare. Plus it was much more wholesome and it was kids trick or treating only in their cul-de-sac or maybe the ones on either side too - you also knew who the kids actually were, you knew their parents and where they lived.

It's all different now.

Hmmm ... now if I actually had mates who still lived near me (they've all buggered off to nearby cities or gone trapesing around the world or some wank) and something was actually capable of being pulled together, I'd do a halloween house party ("do" and in "go to", fudge bringing people over to trash MY house! ha!)

Sounds like you're gonna have a good one - take some pics/video of it and show us a good halloween, damnit!
    quote some shakespear?

Super Moderator

UK
    As in do a scene from Romeo and Juliet, or a speech from Richard III, something like that - hell I don't know, it was the 1980s, I guess that's what trick or treating Scottish pre-teens did back then...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah i can imagine, opening your door to find a young scotsmen dressed like adam ant reciting othello

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    im guessing not romero but the other dude, the return guy.

Fiji
    umm, yeah so they look like crap....

also i think the studio licensed them.

Canada
    Post deleted.
    Last edited by dogma789; 12-Feb-2011 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Deleted post.

Administrator

England
    Why do both these guys look like they're "air guitaring"?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan