Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just checked the flick out...

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I will upload it when I get home. It runs about 7 minutes and shows three takes from one angle. Still looking for Angle two.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    Sweet as.

United States
    Dj, please tell me you don't have any closeups of me in the car - my white knuckles and expression of "OMFG I'm gonna die!!" are kinda embarrassing.

Actually, that was a fun night. All I had to do was get in the car and hold on for dear life.

Y'know, now that I think about it, those shots could've been done without me in the car.. WTF? NO FAIR DJ! I think he just wanted to mess with me..

Super Moderator

UK
    I think it was his ploy to try and justify creating a nickname for you on set, something along the lines of "Brian Brown Pants" or "Brown Brian" ... mind you, I'd be the same, some of that thar drivin' is cwaaayzeeee!!!

United States
    OMG MZ, you should've been there.. it may 'look' fun, but to handle that kind of driving as a passenger is kinda scary - and that's not the craziest i've seen Dj behind the wheel either! When you're in the drivers seat, you have the feeling of 'control' - but when you're in the passenger seat, all you can do it sit there feeling helpless and pray the nutcase driving doesn't wreck.

You have to remember, Dj is the one that told me and the DP (LD-50) that if he wrecked his car (mind you, this is while he was driving alone, not with anyone else in it) to KEEP ROLLING TAPE! He said "you film that sh*t for at least 60 seconds after the car stops before calling an ambulance!!!" I sh*t you not. Ask him, he'll tell you the same thing. I think he wanted to do it for sh*ts and giggles anyway, but we never got that far with the stunt drivin'...

Who knows, maybe in DL2 we'll get to see someone wreck a car. By that time he'll have his GT and this red mustang will be gone.. maybe I can convince him to keep it so we can destroy it during the filming of DL2!
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 03-Oct-2006 at 05:56 PM. Reason: correct spelling errors

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I planned on keeping the RED MUSTANG for part 2. It is written in the script. Although not written as a destoryed vehicle, it is written none the less.

As far as Lou's comment about if I wreck keep filming... YOU GODDAMN RIGHT I SAID IT. What kind of filmmaker would I be if I wrecked the car and someone cut off the camera. Screw that. keep filming while I crawl out with only one bloody stump for a leg.

That's entertainment.

And Lou? was the fast driving really that bad?
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK

Excellent ... but I must admit, I'd probably be the same - if something crazy happens and you've got a camera rolling, film the damn thing and let someone else dial the digits.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    And Lou? was the fast driving really that bad?
    Nah, going fast isn't the problem, it's taking hard right turns at 60mph when there's not much manuvering room that makes me nervous! And it wasn't even MY CAR that would've been damaged! What's wrong with me!?

When you're the driver, it's no problem, it's when you're a passenger that it'll make ya nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I planned on keeping the RED MUSTANG for part 2. It is written in the script. Although not written as a destoryed vehicle, it is written none the less.
    Well, we'll have to change that.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 03-Oct-2006 at 07:08 PM. Reason: to correct spelling

Super Moderator

UK
    Indeed, I find more and more that I get un-nerved when being the passenger in a car, I also still get car sickness a bit when a passenger (but not when driving, as I'm in control) ... and despite the excessive road rage, I feel more at ease and in control when I'm driving. I also know what I'd do and I trust myself to not get into a wreck.

I'm not too bad when I'm a passenger, but there is that unease at not being in control and being in someone else's hands essentially, which isn't something I do...

I'm a kind of contradiction, because I've gotten in many a car with someone who's been drinking, but I trust them not to wreck - mind you, doesn't mean they were the most attentive driver. There was this one time though when we were driving home (me and two friends - Knox and Ben, who've starred in my films) and just after getting in I found out Ben had had a whole bottle of wine and several beers (I'd only had four beers so I was a judge on his day of rest by comparison), and he nearly skidded out going over one of those jumps in the road on a corner...but the beer made me not mind that much, haha (wasn't pissed though ... sadly).

Anyway, I'm a contradiction, I'd no doubt get in a car with Dj and would be in two minds - one that's chilled out and trusting, the other that's climbing the walls in fear. As long as there's control, I don't mind speed.

United States
    heh, that 'chilled-out and trusting' feeling will quickly reach an apex of "GET ME THE F*CK OUT OF THIS CAR!!!" after riding with him for about 5 minutes.

Trust me on this one.