Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just checked the flick out...

Super Moderator

UK

Just checked the flick out...

How do all,

Received my Director's Cut of Deadlands this morning and promptly whipped that bitch into my DVD player over lunch and had a good old goosey gander. Might I say, it's rather spiffing all round, I loved it. I'll give a better review later on, but I just wanted to chime in after just watching it, to give mad props and many a fresh thumb to all the peeps involved in this flick.

United States
    Thanks MZ. It's no "I Am Zombie Man" by far, but I think it's entertaining..

I'm still wondering who that long-haired freak in the movie is. Who's idea was it to include that goof ball?

Administrator

England
    mine should be here soon i'll write up a full review when i get time.

Undisclosed
    Glad you dug the flick MZ.

Also, Andy- nice sig and avatar, very cool

Super Moderator

UK
    Oh *pishaw*, IAZM is nowhere near the technical lava lamp that is Deadlands (FYI, I think lava lamps are kick ass and hypnotic ), and actually, there were several lines in the flick that made me laugh (Captain of the Obvious for one) ... oh yeah, and the black guy who just swears a lot before charging off, I loved that bit, reminded me of the shouting black reporter in Family Guy somewhat.

Having seen the flick, I can also get a slight snifter of insight into the true scale of Dj's driving.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Having seen the flick, I can also get a slight snifter of insight into the true scale of Dj's driving.

Here is a bit of trivia for you.

I drive both Mustangs in the film. The Silver GT that comes up on the traffic Jam zombie attack, and of course I drive the red one away from the scene when Lou and I go for a "walk"

The Silver GT was meant for another section of the film that was left on the proverbial cutting room floor. So since I didn't need to scrap all of it I found a place to work that scene in.

Now that people are seeing it someone has to update the memorable quotes on it's IMDB page.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

ViP

United States
    oh yeah, and the black guy who just swears a lot before charging off, I loved that bit, reminded me of the shouting black reporter in Family Guy somewhat.
    That was probably my favorite part outside of the zombie traffic jam.

United States

Y'know, that wasn't even originally in the script, but the guy offered to do it and dj was like "yeah, sure, what the hell, go for it and we'll see how it comes off" - well, once we saw that we had a big grin on our face and were like "well, that's a keeper!"

Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Here is a bit of trivia for you.

I drive both Mustangs in the film. The Silver GT that comes up on the traffic Jam zombie attack, and of course I drive the red one away from the scene when Lou and I go for a "walk"
    Here's another piece of trivia for you: When you see the silver mustang pull up and take off at light speed? I'm in the passenger seat with WHITE KNUCKLES holding on for dear friggin' life!!! Seriously, Dj did some fast scary driving on that road that never made it into the film, but surely left me with skidmarks in the ol' underwear!
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 29-Sep-2006 at 11:50 AM.

Super Moderator

UK
    If you have footage of that scary-ass driving, you've gotta post it, an online "deleted scene" if you will.

United States
    ...the technical lava lamp that is Deadlands
    Dude, that f*cking cracks me up every time I read it. the "techinical lava lamp"?! Remember when I said you have a way with words? You need to write a book or somethin' MZ.

Umm, I'm sure Dj has the footage of us pulling up at a pretty high rate of speed, stopping, then tearing ass outta there at quite a high speed. I think there's actually a few takes of that. Too bad we didn't get footage of him line-locking his breaks on his new Mustang and smoking out the whole road.. THAT was hilarious! I'm sure his tracks are still there on the road, too... along with quite a bit of rubber from his tires.

Hell, if you notice in the film when him and I are running from the zombies in the traffic jam and pull off, when he backs up he misses the curb and a tree by mere inches! we didn't even notice that 'till we looked at the playback 'cause in the car we were really "in the moment" of the scene. Quite comical when you see it played back. "DUDE! You almost whacked that tree!!!"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    If you have footage of that scary-ass driving, you've gotta post it, an online "deleted scene" if you will.
    I will dig up that footage this weekend. I will try to post i on Sunday on my website.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Hey, y'know Dj, I think that would be a good quote on the DVD cover.

"This movie is a techinical lava lamp! -MinionZombie"

Super Moderator

UK
    Aye I see what you mean now (I like to think "what is the funniest/strangest way I can say this average sentence?", and so magic is born into the world that is my weird-jibber-jabbering gob) ... but it's true, Deadlands is in my approximation, a sheer technical lava lamp.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Hey MINION... I found the other footage of my driving the Silver Mustang. I found Camera one footage, runs about 6 minutes.

I a looking for Camera 2 angle now. I will post Camera Angle #1 tonight on the website.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

UK
    Sweet, let us know when it's available.