Thread: DVD / Hard drive recorders...

Administrator

England

DVD / Hard drive recorders...

OK, what should I be looking for... Anyone recommend a model?

In a perfect world it would replace my current super cheap Pioneer DVD player which can also play multimedia files as well such as XVid, DivX, AVI and Mpeg etc! VERY VERY hand for watching those downloaded videos etc...

But I suspect that might be pushing my luck, so that aside, then purely on cost, quality and functionality!

UK FOLKS - Or should I just say stuff it and go Sky+?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Fiji
    i'll know more in two weeks. i'm on the waiting list for Comcast's new DVDr service.

it's $10 more a month on my cable bill, and i don't have to pay for the unti. woot.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by p2501
    i'll know more in two weeks. i'm on the waiting list for Comcast's new DVDr service.

it's $10 more a month on my cable bill, and i don't have to pay for the unti. woot.
    We're talking UK here...!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Fiji
    well i could Fedex you a unit..........

Super Moderator

UK
    hehehehe...you said "unit", uh-huhuhuhuh...cool.

ViP

United States
    Well I'm not in the UK but here goes.

I have DVR service from Comcast (kicks ass) and I use a Panasonic DMR-ES10 (single layer, no hard drive). I only use DVD-RW's on the DVD Recorder because I later add nice menues and such on the PC. If I want to make a dual layer, I use two DVD-RW's to capture. I guess if I didn't have DVR service, I'd get a hard drive recorder. I cannot vouch for their quality.