Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSP or XBox 360: I can't decide!!

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK

PSP or XBox 360: I can't decide!!

Okay folks, your help is needed. I don't know which one to get. should I get a PSP or a 360? Both have good games, good accessories, good everything. Someone, please help!!!

United States
    heh, what do need a portable system or a home system?

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    I'm happy with my home system (Playstation 2)

Canada
    i say the xboc 360.
    my buddy has one and it rocks.
    and the games kick a$$

Twitching

Undisclosed
    PSP has been dead since arrival just go for the Xbox.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I Would say the Xbox 360. Than again, I just really don't understand the PSP. It's cool to have a portable game system like that every now and again...but how often would you need a portable game? Usually if I want to play a game, that means i'm bored and sitting at the house.

And let's not forget the PSP movies.....who the hell wants to watch a movie on a 2 inch screen that you have to hold in your hands the entire time?? Buy a damn dvd player, kids!

Sorry....just my thoughts..

United States
    I gotta wonder about that myself, PSP movies? who the hell buys those things??

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

Undisclosed
    honestly id say wait till the ps3 comes out. chances are the psp and 360 will drop in price by then and the revolution should be out too . see what all the systems have to offer overall and then decide. im personally waiting for the ps3 its backwards compatible with ps1 and ps2 games ( which i have both of) i think it really depends on how bad you have to have a new system. i dont think either of the handhelds are worth what theyre selling for if they were 100 or less id say do it but at 150 and 250 whats the rush? and the 360 doesnt have that many great games and i still havent heard if they ironed out the whole backward compatibility problem( most xbox games dont play on the 360 and those that do require some kind of download).

so save your money by the time all the new systems are out you should have enough to buy a new system with tons of accessories and games and what not. in the mean time theres plenty of great games coming out on the ps2 and if you dont have an xbox already id say see if you cant buy one used somehwere seeing as alot of its best games ( halo , halo 2 and fable and ninja gaiden ) are all really cheap now.

United States
    Don't get either right now, wait a few months. The PSP has mostly ports of old playstation games and it's PSP exclusive titles are lacking in almost every aspect of what a good game should have. The XBOX 360 is still having problems with their chips burning out and the power supplies frying. They have supposedly fixed it, but I would still say to give it a little bit of time, like a month or so, just so that you definatly get one of the newly fixed units. So on top of all those problems, they also lied about the backwards compatability. Backwards compatability is not an option on the 360 until you download the XBOX emulation programs. Yes, programs. You see, the 360 is only compatable with about 60 xbox games out of the box and when you download the emulators to make it compatable with more you have to pay for it. You have to pay real cash for a feature that should be free. That is Microsoft and their "Anything for a buck" attitude.

Now on the positive side of the Xbox 360, it does have incredible graphics and about 20 fun games, but about 15 of those 20 games are just port overs from the PS2 and Xbox. It is still young though, I am willing to bet that in a year the lack of original exclusive titles will not even be a factor anymore.

I would say that if you don't want to wait, get the Premium package on the XBOX 360 in about a month when they are supposed to be readily available on store shelves and forget about the PSP until the PS3 comes out, then it will be usefull and not just a $250 paperweight.

I am not getting either of those until they drop in price. I love gaming, but if I am gonig to spend upwards of $400 just to play games I am going to spend that money on upgrading my computer. That's why I am excited about the Nintendo Revolution, it will be lower priced (A max price of $250) , backwards compatable with the Game Cube, have a download service to download classic Nintendo games, and it is a new Nintendo system so you know it will work the first time and not have to be shipped back to be fixed unlike every other system on the market.

Fiji
    if your willing to wait there's rumored to be a new PSP unit coming out for Q4 2006. it'll have a few beefed up features an better battery life.

if you can't wait get the psp, armored core and GTA ****ing rock.

x360 looks nice and i'm a commited xbox fan, but right now there simply aren't enough games (i'd actually play) to merit buying the system, yet. i'm going to grab one early next year. or earlier if they accounce when halo 3 is comming out.

as for the PS3? it's in duke nukem land at this point. right now i have an ongoing bet with a buddy at the local Gamestop as to which one we'll get first the Batman Begins sequel, or PS3.

United States
    x360.

Administrator

England
    if you willing to wait forget about both and get a PS3

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    if you willing to wait forget about both and get a PS3
    when it's released in 2008

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    id go with the 360, dead rising baby!.

that and xbox live (which the ps3 is releasing under a different name, but its just a 'coincidence' that it has exactly the same features ohhh a freinds list,lol.)

i like the ps2 as much as my xbox but im getting a 360, purely becuase the ps3 looks terrible and if you need to steal the font from the spiderman films title for your logo, then thats not gonna give your gaming patrons much faith in your new console.

United States
    Get a 360. With games really coming out in droves now you won't have to worry about which games to get.
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman