Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HPotD now accepting "General Horror" and "Scifi" contributions...

Administrator

England

HPotD now accepting "General Horror" and "Scifi" contributions...

As well as "Living Dead", HPotD is now accepting "General Horror" and "SciFi" contributions. Murder, blood, ghosts and vampires, with or without a robot involved, are all welcome
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Would screenplays (short) be acceptable, or are you looking for prose only for your submissions?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    hmm... not a bad idea but my guess is youll end up with a lot of net goths writeing what they think is on par with lovecraft, come on we all know the sort

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by chukrok
    Would screenplays (short) be acceptable, or are you looking for prose only for your submissions?
    Scripts are fine...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing
    hmm... not a bad idea but my guess is youll end up with a lot of net goths writeing what they think is on par with lovecraft, come on we all know the sort
    What do you write?

United States
    Now I've got a fire lit beneath me. I need to get writing again.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Scotland
    Excellent, gives me a chance to write that sitcom about the sassy robot.

Administrator

England
    Gives me the chance to write a fiction contribution that's been in my head for ages... But as usual, it's just finding the time...

And the story keeps getting bigger as well
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Ain't it the truth? I used to write while at work, as that's where the inspiration bat usually hits me. Now with the new management position, I can't walk around writing all the time, so I have to wait. By the time I get home, everything I was thinking about is gone. Nuts.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    I've looked all over the site & I couldn't find an information about the following, I so I'll ask:

1. How does one submit a story to the fiction section?

2. Is it OK to post stories in the message section of the fiction forum?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Slain View Post
    I've looked all over the site & I couldn't find an information about the following, I so I'll ask:

1. How does one submit a story to the fiction section?

2. Is it OK to post stories in the message section of the fiction forum?
    From the Fiction Section itself, from the "Submit Fiction" option:-

Before you submit a contribution please ensure you have carefully read the following:-
    Your contribution must be within the "Living Dead" or "General Horror" genres. Please state clearly what genre you contribution is being submitted for.

A piece of fiction must be a self contained contribution. ie: We do not accept a story in parts.

Please submit your contribution preferably in Word or RTF format. Flat text is permissable but only as a last resort.

Ensure you have carefully read (& re-read) your contribution checking for spelling and gramatical errors. Note: Contributions which are poorly formatted or have too many spelling mistakes will be rejected.

Please include the title of your contribution, your name and desired email address. Please also include a brief summary of your contribution using less that 100 charecters. This summary should allow readers to gain a brief insight into the content/nature of your contribution while ideally not spoiling the plot for them.

If you at a later date change your email address you should inform us and we will update your information accordingly. Failure to do this will mean comments will be sent to your old email address.

On submitting a contribution, a member of staff ('Fiction Processor') will read it, and if it is deemed suitable, it will be posted in the Fiction Section. Note: This process can typically take 2-6 weeks so please be patient.

If you have read the above points, and now wish to submit a contribution, click the "Email Contribution" obtion below and attach your contribution to the email. (Again, be sure to include the title, your name and a summary of the contribution.)
    To submit it just email it though to fiction@REMOVECAPShomepageofthedead.com

ps: And I don't like fiction being posted in these discussion forums
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Also it looks really crappy when you do post a story in this forum, and not many folks read it.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Oops, sorry I didn't see the submit story button. Thanks for info

United States
    I dunno, I think it would help revitalize the board if parts of the of a story (not whole thing) could be posted just to get feedback, and all that sorta stuff. Maybe a ongoing undead rpg maybe?

out of curiousity, how long until the next fiction update?
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Exatreides View Post
    I dunno, I think it would help revitalize the board if parts of the of a story (not whole thing) could be posted just to get feedback, and all that sorta stuff. Maybe a ongoing undead rpg maybe?

out of curiousity, how long until the next fiction update?
    An ongoing RPG is a possibility - it's been done before etc.

Next update should hopefully be over the next week - there's a lot going on at the moment
    -Carl Sagan