Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cbs, abc and sci-fi oh my!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    heroes is good, but that woman with an evil reflection is SO lame i keep turing off whenever she comes on the other characters, like the artist and time traveling japanese guy ar eawesome though, they gotta lose the schizo woman, not technically a power huh?
    Heroes is the only one I like and I like it alot. I agree that the Schizo skank lady, her stereotype Black criminal husband and that goofy kid are total wrong notes and they gots to go.

I like how it plays like a better hero comic in its useful complexity and cliffhangers. the characters are all well defined and interesting. I like playing the people like real people and all the wierd and/or dumb stuff they would do in that situation rather than the ultra heroic types that barely excist in reality.

They stay far way from pseudo science and explain nothing so far which keeps the imagination from being stretched to far

The gore involved with the Cheerleader is waaaaay beyond anything I have ever seen on network TV. She's cute and gets he guts ripped out regularly. The Morgue scene was Awesome.

The Hiro character is really unique and probably the first foreign languge non villian I have ever seen onan American TV show.

I have never watched Lost as of yet, so no opinion.
    I liked the 4400 mini series but not the show. Dull and convoluted.

I guess Im the only person here who digs heroes. I think it's great
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    no i like it, adn the 4400 by the way, but that "skank woman" just ruins the show for me, and ill turn on my ps2 or 360 and then come bakc a bit later to see if shes been killed off yet

United States
    I really like Jericho, watch it on Demand normally.
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i watched it for a while on youtube, cus the times its on on hallmark uk overlap with stargate, adn stargate wins , but it was an okay series, i just didnt seem to care for any of the characters or there situation, i thought it would be mor epost apocalyptic its more just like a plot device to keep a set group in a drama or something, it started well with a good premise but i dont like it as mucha s i thought i would.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I have given up on TV. Aside from some Simpsons re-runs and Family guy Episodes I haven't watched a TV series since the Quentin Tarantino Directed Season Finale of CSI in spring 2005.

I have been debating having my cable television taken out of my home because I feel the level of programming has gone downhill to the point that I would rather sit on my computer and be entertained by the internet.

Shows, like Lost, Survivor, The 4400, really have no appeal to me. I think it is the marketing of the shows. Nothing really has jumped out to grab my attention. IN all honesty do you know the best series to ever be on TV?

IMHO, it was HBO's OZ. That series had everything you could want and it was never bland. When they start writing shows like that again I ay switch from CNN to network.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 13-Mar-2007 at 12:27 PM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    Marketting of shows can be a turn off, originally I wasn't going to bother with Lost because of Channel 4's relentless advertising for it (and I thought the advert for it was bloody stupid), but I gave it a go anyway and rather enjoyed it.

I almost didn't start watching a British show on E4 called "Skins", again because of the relentless advertising which was basically just them chuffing about how good it was - arrogant advertising I'd call it - and that was a turn off. But I actually watched the show and it is really good, but the advertising for it before it starting airing was awful, it was cramming it down your throat and it had this air of smug arrogance about it (from the broadcasters, not the show itself), which was a turn off - same thing with Lost when that was trailed on TV.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post
    lost
    jericho
    heroes
    the 4400
    invasion (cancelled)
    threshold (cancelled)

Haven't watched LOST. The show appeals to the same demographic that watches Survivor.

Watched all jericho episodes because it's interesting subject matter. Too many commercials on CBS broadcast TV, watch the show online. If the show wasn't available for free on the internet wouldn't likely watch it until the season 1 DVD.

Not interested in heroes, looks like a show for teenagers.

No opinion on Invasion (ABC) or Threshold (CBS). Usually only watch those network channels for the evening news.

Dramatic scifi shows tend to suffer on the major networks, too much corporate interference and limits on the script content. Example: do you think the Battlestar Galatica remake would be of the same quality if it was on CBS network?
    I prefer Heroes to Jericho... And I really like Jericho

Watch the first two episode of Heroes and then see what you think
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan