Thread: Tombs of the Blind Dead

Undisclosed

Tombs of the Blind Dead

Anyone seen it?
    Any good or a load of old cack?

United States
    Heard of it, needa buy it / see it

Undisclosed
    If memory serves it's a really fun movie that takes a while to get going. I think it's the one with an attack on a Spanish village during their annual party. If its is, The Dead are Blind, and a nutty, disfigured peon (yes, I am so sensitive) frees them from their Tombs during a town's celebration. If it's not, then maybe it's the one with two hot girls who vie for the same man and one of the girls gets jealous, runs off of a train and encounters the dead, who are blind, in their tomb. Yes, there are Blind Dead from a Tomb, so Truth in Advertising. Either way, either movie IMO, either plot I hardly described you can't go wrong. Entertainig, effective, with some eerie atmosphere.
    The sound of the dead horse's hoof beats is cool, and the way the knights templar react to sound makes it fun. It's considered a classic by many people but I though that it needed some updating and polishing to rule...worth seeing for sure.
    Last edited by bluball; 14-Mar-2006 at 11:45 PM.

Undisclosed
    I've really wanted to see this for a while now.

"I'm a repairman in an imperfect world."
    -Kevin McDonald, Kids in the Hall

http://www.myspace.com/lightninglice

Undisclosed
    Not a bad movie. Filmed in Spain, Anchor Bay released a DVD a few years back coupling it with RETURN OF THE BLIND DEAD, which is also pretty good. Look for that DVD. The films have an errie gothic style, the zombies are frightening, and there is a fair amount of gore. The final two films in the series, NIGHT OF THE SEAGULLS, and SHIP OF THE BLIND DEAD (or some similar title) are pretty poor. As zombie movies go, you could do a lot worse.