Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World War Z - anyone else read it yet?

United States
    Gah! I must get this book!!!

Scotland
    Thanks to Cereval's recommendation, I managed to downlaod the audio book. I'm somewhere in the middle, around where the tide has turned and the account of the vice president.

I've been downloading it to my mp3 and saving it for sleepless nights or journeys on the bus, hopefully I can make it last a bit longer.

Loved the account of Yankers (sp).

ViP

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by LoSTBoY View Post
    Thanks to Cereval's recommendation, I managed to downlaod the audio book. I'm somewhere in the middle, around where the tide has turned and the account of the vice president.

I've been downloading it to my mp3 and saving it for sleepless nights or journeys on the bus, hopefully I can make it last a bit longer.

Loved the account of Yankers (sp).
    Yonkers! Just flippin' epic, man.

I was on my 2nd listen when I stopped for another audio book (my new addiction). It's just too good of a listen.

Undisclosed
    This fuc*ing, dumb-ass country... they don't release this kind of stuff here anymore. Fuc* Italy, I'm going towards Canada. There's no fuc*ing people there.

Anyway: the book looks awesome. I LOVE Zombies, if you know what I mean.
    "I'm not one of those things, baby. I like to consider myself as a milestone. If you can, well, just see me, hear me, kiss me or even fu*k me... and you'll know what it means to be living."

Angola
    I borrowed it from the library a few weeks back and finished it in 2 days. Excellent book, maybe the best living dead related book written. A lot better than stupid action/adventure type **** like Monster Island or whatever it was called.

P.S.

I miss the old forums.

Undisclosed
    This is defintely in the top three best zombie books. I loved it, its a must have for any zombie fan.

Angola
    What would be the other 2?

Undisclosed
    Got it over the Thanksgiving weekend. Great book so far. Loved the mock-documentary style and how all the survivor accounts were tied together.

Presented a really good case for how the smartest creature on the face of the Earth almost got wiped out by it's own reanimated dead, and how we took back the planet.

I think it'd work best as a mock-documentary if Pitt's company actually does anything with it. There have been a few decent mock-documentaries with a disaster/apocalyptic flavor, done for television, like Supervolcano, Oilstorm, Smallpox.

I think if they interwove interviews with the 'survivor' in with 'stock footage', like say, news footage of the Battle of Yonkers, or personal video like the Battle of the Five Colleges, or that family that headed up to Canada only to find starvation, cannibalism and death, it'd make a pretty kicking flick. Maybe add some 'dramatizations' like the Russian soldiers at the bridge and the gas attack.