Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possibly the most realistic video game ever?

Administrator

England

Exclamation Possibly the most realistic video game ever?

Check this out!

Administrator

England
    OK.. That seems VERY scary! He could of had a heart attack or something!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Isle of Man
    I remember seeing this a few weeks back. Supposedly the guy that created it is some famous Brit magician of some sort.

I would love to have been the subject for that one!

ViP

United States
    That was pretty cool. Was it real?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by idsaluteyoubub
    I remember seeing this a few weeks back. Supposedly the guy that created it is some famous Brit magician of some sort.

I would love to have been the subject for that one!
    http://www.derrenbrown.co.uk/
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

ViP

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Check this out!
    Being the everloving skeptic I am ...
    1. Why were his friends immediately so cooperative? Were they put up to it?
    2. What if he'd been carrying a real firearm? Or if he's a martial artist?
    3. If you were in such a situation, wouldn't you realize that what you're firing is, in fact, compressed air from a paintball gun and not an actual weapon?

Don't get me wrong though ... this was a rather badass little stunt.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Cereval
    What if he'd been carrying a real firearm?
    This is the UK we're talking about
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Couldn't be arsed to check the link, but I figure this must be the Derron Brown thing with the pub arcade machine and the guy being put to 'sleep' and then finds himself 'in' the game. It was pretty cool, the whole thing would be set up from the start - like with the guy's friends anyway - and he didn't know what was going on - that was how I took it. One of the better Derron Brown things, he's done various acts, some were okay, others were lame - the whole Russian roulette one sucked, an hour of lead-up to see naff all happen.

It was like with the "Death Wish Live!" week on E4 over here in the UK, only saw bits, and one had a huge lead up to a guy trying to escape from cuffs before getting hung by his neck - he didn't uncuff in time and was hung...for about 5 seconds...but it was weird to watch, a bunch of whingers obviously complained...

What was I on about? Oh yeah, Derron Brown 'real zombies'...*distracted* get lost Darlene, you horrible and manipulative cow, about time Craig woke up from being whipped! ("Hollyoaks"...on in background...such a poorly written/edited show...)

Erm...take that Darlene! haha!

Undisclosed
    I suspect the "victim" was most likeley in on the trick as well as his mates, after all, IIRC he was using a paintball gun, but none of the zombies were wearing eye protection! If Derren had picked any member of this forum for his little stunt, surley the zombie actors would all be in hospital from severe facial bruising and damaged eyes from all those headshots!

United States
    ouch!

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

Administrator

England
    im reviving this thread cuz i think its cool

and there's been so many new members since this was posted

ViP

United States
    I was just thinking about this earlier today. Sign me up for this experiment!

United States
    No kidding, swing that paintball gun like an axe.

United States
    Yes, it seems as it is almost common knowledge, even amonst non-zombie fans, that to kill the zombie you have to shoot it in the head. I remember the first time I ever played House of the Dead in the arcade, I was only going for head shots, which was unnecesary in the game. WHy didnt the guy shoot ANY zed in the head? Also, how the hell does some flashing lights make you go unconscious, but you still stand? Cool idea, but somehow I dont see how if was a legit trick.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    daren browns been proven a fake before, like that shooting himself roulette one.

but its still good, though that link isnt working for me so heres an alternative.

http://www.alldumb.com/item/11984/