Thread: Irreversible

capncnut

Irreversible

About two years ago I went and saw a film in London called Irreversible which was on a double bill with Ivans XTC. Talk about blown away! I've acquired them both on dvd recently and regard them among the best. Any thoughts?

Super Moderator

UK
    I recently downloaded it, haven't watched it yet as I can't get the downloaded subtitles to work (if anyone knows, ONLY PM me, lol) ... but I flicked through some bits of it and aye it does look like a very good film - much better than Baise Moi (which I bought on DVD a couple of years ago).

The bit where that guy gets his head smashed in with a fire extinguisher - needless to say I hadn't seen anything quite like that before in a film!

The cinematography of Irreversible as well - wow. I must get around to watching it properly from start to finish, rather than skipping through without understanding what anyone's saying.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I must get around to watching it properly from start to finish...
    Do so MZ, you wont be disappointed. Check out Ivans XTC too.

Super Moderator

UK
    What's the jist of Ivans XTC? Don't give anything away, just the jist of what it's about...

capncnut
    High flying movie agent, cocaine, prostitutes, shot on digital camera, very documentary-like, got Peter Weller in it, amazing.
    Last edited by capncnut; 16-Oct-2006 at 07:27 PM.