Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: !How to Spot an Atheist!

Undisclosed

!How to Spot an Atheist!

I just found this thing and its about the funniest thing Ive ever seen...

The article is obviously a joke but its just so damn hilarious!
    This isnt meant to stir **** or anything its just hilarious the article is titled "How to Spot Atheists and Report Them to the FBI" and the rest of the article spoof can be found here http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0503/atheists.html

Five Tips on How to Spot an Atheist

1. Usually Atheists are pale of skin. They spend a lot of times indoors, because they are afraid to come outside. They believe the preposterous lie that Christians are trying to kill them, when in fact, all that we really want to do is force a quick conversion or to kindly place them in a maximum security prison for their own protection from devout Christians who may try to kill them. Many Atheists will try to throw you off by spending time absorbing carcinogens in tanning beds, so it important to remember in hunting Atheists that many, if not most, have very dark skin, too. {Moderator removed section - refer to link above to see in its entirety}

2. Atheists are overweight. The stereotypes of typical Atheists are the trim, granola cruncher who jogs and plays racquetball or the vain hedonist, party-goer who worships only her full-length mirror, Recent studies have shown, however, that Atheists have become aware of these signifiers of their lack of faith. In order to blend in undetected with evangelical Christians, most Atheists now tend to be morbidly obese and will tell you, whether asked or not, that their enormous girth is the result of an undetectable thyroid condition and not the box of Little Debbie cakes they are holding.

3. Atheists have too many university diplomas! These folks are chock full of secular knowledge. They toss the Bible aside in favor of so-called, "research" and "theories." They spend their days studying and trying to gather facts and data to support their ridiculous scientific theories, such as evolution and gravity. Don't let it fool you, Christian Brothers and Sisters! All the secular knowledge in the world can't disprove that the reason we are all here today was because Eve got some bad advice from a talking snake! Atheists are too full of their silly "logic" to understand that only blind faith leads to sighted Truth. Why, the homo-lovers in England have already accepted that most scientists are naturally Atheists. Don't let it happen in America! Report your Biology professor – or any so-called teacher who pollutes the soul with extraneous (non-Biblical) information -- to the local authorities before he recruits your child!

4. Atheists Deceive! Atheists go under many different names, but they don't have the common sense to align themselves yet! Use this to your advantage in reporting them to the police! They call themselves, "humanists, agnostics, secular-humanists, moral relativists, Catholics, free-thinkers, undecided, Unitarians, and more recently, Brights." It is important to note that anyone who has a post-graduate degree or is interested in getting a post-graduate degree, is suspect! Also be warned, Wiccans , Vegans, Yogists, and readers of science fiction are either Atheists or on the road to becoming an Atheist. Our job as True Christians™ is to use this loophole of time under the current Bush Administration to get as many of these God-haters arrested as we can before they do more damage to our country than they already have.

5. Atheists are afraid! Even though there are as many as 300 active Atheists in the United States, we can safely assume that if recent polls are correct, most Atheists are afraid to come out and say what they don't believe. It's your job to pull it out of them. Put them on the spot. Hound them at restaurants and on cruise ships. Don't take "I'd rather not talk about religion" as a answer. Give them one last chance to save their sorry souls. Then, call the police!
    This one was my favorite "They call themselves, humanists, agnostics, secular-humanists, moral relativists, Catholics, free-thinkers, undecided, Unitarians, and more recently, Brights."

Heheh I was raised Catholic....

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

capncnut
    Maybe we should do a poll; How many of you believe in god? OR Who is your favourite god?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnSpaulding View Post
    Maybe we should do a poll; How many of you believe in god? OR Who is your favourite god?
    oh man!! that thread would get shut down quicker than I could say "Mary caught Jesus from a toilet seat!"

Banned User

United States
    Ya and they are usually jobless, and reek of alcohol. lol

kidding!

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome View Post
    oh man!! that thread would get shut down quicker than I could say "Mary caught Jesus from a toilet seat!"
    I guess I'll be the judge of that...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    I was born and raised a catholic too... until I reached the age of reason.

(a wonderful George Carlin quote I still use to this day)

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I remember being catholic, then I smartened up.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnSpaulding View Post

yeah but no one would give youa straight answer theyd probably say something ,like galactus, like how people say there jedi on a census.

Super Moderator

UK
    I wasn't raised as anything. My parents grew up under the doom and gloom of Scottish Presbyterianism (sp?) and are now very much agnostic. As their childhood experience of religion wasn't great they decided to allow us to follow religion ... if we wanted to.

I initially didn't "get" religion and figured saying prayers and bowing your head was just what you did in assembly at school, then the older I got the more I realised the whole deal wasn't for me. Then in high school I officially went "athiest" and didn't bow my head in assembly or say the lord's prayer - not long after it was taken out anyway.

That was a funny article, I particularly like the third one about athiests being educated. ... It's funny because it's fairly true, 'you have too many degrees!!!"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I wasn't raised as anything. My parents grew up under the doom and gloom of Scottish Presbyterianism (sp?) and are now very much agnostic. As their childhood experience of religion wasn't great they decided to allow us to follow religion ... if we wanted to.
    MZ, you're one of the lucky few out there. Most parents don't give their kids a choice - just like I was never given a choice and was forced under that horrifying catholic umbrella that my father stood under. I was forced into what they called "sunday school" - a 2 hour 'school' after church on sundays to further infect my brain with fables of old that have been so lost in translation over the centuries that their stories now hold little to none of the original meaning. It was annoyng, and as soon as I was old enough, I completely resisted the whole idea of organized religion <cough>CULT<cough>. The way I looked at it was like this: If I want to believe in God, I will. And I will have my own relationship with him without having a community of people in some organized religion telling me how that relationship should be carried out. I believe that if you truly believe in God, you don't need to go to church on sundays, you don't need to go to a religious school, you should just have your own relationship with "God" and live you life as you would think he would see fit.

However, since I'm more from the agnostic front, I just live my life as I see fit and I treat others as I expect to be treated. Simple enough.

Remember, God is the one that if you disobey him, he will send you to a place of fire and damnation where people are tortured, maimed and burnt in place full of brimstone, fire, agony and pain... ...but he "loves" you.

I think that about says it all, don't you?

Which brings me to yet another George Carlin-ism that I must share:

"If this is the best God can do, I'm not impressed. Results like these do not belong on a resume' of a supreme being. This is the kind of sh*t you'd expect from a office temp with a bad attitude. In any well-managed universe, this guy would've been out on his all-powerful ass a loooong time ago"

DISCLAIMER: This is my opinion, not yours, and you don't need to agree with it.

Sunny Gulfland, Within sight of the Beautiful Manatee River
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post

This one was my favorite "They call themselves, humanists, agnostics, secular-humanists, moral relativists, Catholics, free-thinkers, undecided, Unitarians, and more recently, Brights."

I'm a Unitarian, guess were both in trouble.

M_

Scotland
    Heheheh, that is quite funny.

But I don't have to be an Athiest to know Christians are trying to kill me.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LoSTBoY View Post
    Heheheh, that is quite funny.

But I don't have to be an Athiest to know Christians are trying to kill me.
    Christies aren't trying to kill you,....they're NEEDING to control you. Key word: NEEDING.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I initially didn't "get" religion and figured saying prayers and bowing your head was just what you did in assembly at school, then the older I got the more I realised the whole deal wasn't for me. Then in high school I officially went "athiest" and didn't bow my head in assembly or say the lord's prayer - not long after it was taken out anyway.
    Yeah this sounds all to familiar... As a child I grew up doing all the prayers and learning all the lore and I figured this was just something people did. Like all the other things parents and adults tell children to teach them life lessons. It all felt similiar to Aesops fables in that way, like the fantasy was just a tool to teach morality.

As bizarre as this sounds it was not untill this one day of my freshmen year of highschool that I actually realized that people really believed in religion. Up until this point in time I did not even know what an atheist was....so I had to do research to figure out that I was catagorized as one...

It was a tough phase for me because it made me an outcast from my then current friends, my extended family, and my father...

That was a funny article, I particularly like the third one about athiests being educated. ... It's funny because it's fairly true, 'you have too many degrees!!!"

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Super Moderator

UK
    Terran - you're preaching to the (athiest) choir.

Lou - good points there my man. For me, if religion involves the (fallible) word of man to transfer the message, then it's all rather suspect. It breeds the opportunity for some, to gain power - power corrupts - absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I prefer the facts and research and open-endedness of science, that'll cure my ailments ... ever see the episode of South Park when Stan's Dad was diagnosed as an alcoholic and had a "disease" ... classic SP.